Guys do you mind if your girlfriend's Facebook status says 'single'?

What if it's a girl you're seriously dating?

• Yes
  • No
  • See answer

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, a status update on my Facebook page doesn't show how much I care about that person. Yes, you might feel like "shout[ing] it from the mountain tops" that you're now in a relationship; however, which makes you happier: updating your Facebook status so that everyone knows that you've been taken or just knowing that you're in a relationship with someone who makes you feel warm and happy?

Honestly, in my opinion, if you get butt hurt over the other person not changing their status then you either really need to re-evaluate your priorities or you can directly ask the person what their feelings on the matter is. Chances are, the other person will disagree with you on several things. Why get upset when you can just ask, talk about it, and come to an understanding instead? Besides, that's how good relationships work, don't they?

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 36

• Facebook itself is a medium for displaying information to EVERYONE.

Implying that you don't want to show whether you're dating or not to people whom it does not concern the least, obviously setting that piece of information does not actually matter.

So I personally voted no. I know I'm dating, and that should be enough.

My status is completely blank, my SO's is "single", but it's just because we don't really care about Facebook and don't visit it much anyways. Displaying every aspect of my life there is like writing a diary then showing it off to everyone - even though it is a private matter.

• Damn f*cking right I would.

I wouldn't want to date some girl that wants to appear single to other ppl.

I'd be furious (presuming she actually logged into FB since we've become official)!

I'd gently ask her, and if she does ANYTHING but conform to my wishes, we're done on the spot.

Cauz frankly I can't trust her telling (literally) everyone that she knows (and doesn't know) in cyberspace that she's single.

F*CK THAT!

• Uh.. Duh. Yeah. Considering how many people use Facebook, primarily to get some, you bet your ass I'd mind. Even more, I'd wanna know why. I mean is she ashamed of me? Doesn't she want to tell someone? Am I a dirty little secret? Is she screwing around? Is she in want of something better?

So yeah, it would bother me.

• If I've asked the girl to be my girlfriend and over the course of at least a week she hasn't changed the status to in a relationship. I'm not going to be very happy. Obviously she's hiding the relationship. As they say, if you are truly happy in your relationship and like the person you are with, you should want to shout it from the mountain tops, not hide it.

Now if it was because of some outside circumstance like a crazy ex Boyfriend or a crazy family. Then I'll be more accepting of it, but even then, that brings up other issues that would need to be addressed.

• Not really but I'd sure ask her why is it that way without making her feel uncomfortable as much as possible.

If she's looking out she's free to do so, which means she's not convinced with me or my feelings for her. However, I won't rush out looking for another one myself if I am sure she's the one for me nor will I do anything extra to woo her and keep her in place. I'd want her to know and accept me as I am for her when she met me and is with me now.

More from Guys
31

What Girls Said 17

• I know that it'd drive my boyfriend nuts. I'm not so sure why, but I know it'd upset me too if his were single while we were dating. Not sure why, but that's just how it is. Probably because so many people use Facebook as a way to look up their crushes and see if they're taken. If the status is "single" then they could flirt with that person. I'm very confident with the devotion in my relationship, but it'd get annoying for both of us if people kept flirting when we weren't interested.

• She will be after he sees that! O dayum!

• =) I think it's cute when the guys says it would bother them. lol.

• I think this goes for guys and girls- if a relationship status is blank, that's OK. If you just recently started dating, or being in a en exclusive relationship and you keep it on 'single' for a few weeks in, no biggie. If you've been with them a while, they do update their fb regularly, and it says 'single'...Yeah that's not OK. If they want to keep their relationships private, they can remove the status entirely. By staying 'single' it makes them look available to other men/women, which shouldn't be encouraged when in a relationship.

• Yes he should and I would.
    Why won t you? It ll only take you 1min to do unless you don t want people to know who you re seeing. In that case, it s a dealbreaker.

More from Girls
12