He won't return my stuff.

Short story is that we were off and on for a few months about being friends after he told me his feelings changed and he still has some of my things that I want back. A few days ago I told him I didn't want to be friends. I deleted his number but sent him an email requesting my things back and he hasn't responded but I KNOW he got the email. Why do guys do this? Especially if they're irritated by you and you tell them that you won't contact them anymore after you get your stuff back?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It's very low on his priority scale. If he gives it back he has to accept that it is truly over or he threw that stuff out.

What Guys Said 1

• It's a control issue and if your ex won't respond is your stuff of value? If not who cares lesson learned if so then you need to get a mutual person involved the stuff is yours let them get it for you have no contact with your ex for your own sanity.

What Girls Said 2

• What do you mean by "stuff" ? Things that belong to you (ex: a tooth brush) or things that you once gave to him (ex: pictures, Teddy bears,etc.) ?

If it's your personal stuff you have the right to get them back but if you want them you go get them, don't expect him to deliver them to you. Now if you mean gifts you gave to him then it's absurd for you to ask for those back for since the day you gave them to him they stopped belonging to you & it's now his right to choose wether or not he want to keep them.

• A few things, but most importantly some jewelry given to me by my mother that was relatively expensive. I'm thinking that the hassle of trying to get them isn't worth it anymore

• Go get your jewelry, just be mature about it. If he doesn't reply to your message then just go to his house at a time you know he's home & tell him you came to pick up something personal. After all, it's yours.

• Same thing happened to me He blocked me on emails and phones refuses to give me my belongings!!! We broke up last week he screamed and yelled and called me all types of names. I just want my stuff back he also borrowed $$ yes I am stupid for lending it to him he has my lingerie my jewelry and my GPS 8 months we went out please don't tell me I was stupid I already know that