Why do guys force themselves to move on?

my sister ex hurted her so bad. he felt as though he wasn't the right guy for her so he couldn't be with her anymore. they were dating for 7 years. a month later he's with this girl with money because he thought he would be sitting on a golden pedestal. don't get me wrong he was a good guy who had much common sense. but its like when he know he got the right person, he think the grass is greener on the other side and he missing out. he hurted my sister so bad, but he was feeling bad to also. he tried to overlook his hurt and problem by forcing himself to move on.he even created drama to push my sister away because he didn't wanna have to face the problem. my sister literally tried all she could to get him know how bad she was feeling. he moved a girl in his house all because he thought that money would solve everything. a year later he came over and seen my sister, but she was still crying because of how he dogg'd her and mistreated her so badly because of that other girl. I never seen a guy cried before but he cried like no other. if you was here to watch him, you would've seen just pain coming out because he was holding everything in. everything that took place with that girl, he literally forced himself to do it in order to move on because he did not wanna face any of his problems. when he had that girl staying with him, the girl knew he had feelings still for my sister. he would protect her still and return her calls. why do guys force themselves to move on? this girl that moved in his house turned out to be a psycho.i felt bad for my sister because she was in love with him and tried all she could. if something was bothering her ex, he would not tell you. he would just keep it pushing and holding stuff inside but let it out in anger instead.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, both guys and girls do this, and both tend to for the same reasons. People like the idea of being able to feel indifferent to something, it makes them feel powerful. So, when someone cares about something (such as the joy of being with someone) and there's something that prevents them from being able to have that something, they'll do whatever they can to make themselves stop caring about it. It's why people will try to pretend they don't care in an attempt to fool themselves (although people also often do this to make someone miss them), why they try to find something else to care about (like jumping into a new relationship), why they want to break contact after a break-up. They feel powerless, and they're scared of that feeling.

Your sister sounds like an admirable person though. She wanted to communicate, to move on by facing the truth rather than to hide from it. It'll benefit her in the end, don't worry. :)

• it actually did. the same exact explanation is what he gave her. she forgave him but hey, you can't help who you love

• Well, hopefully he'll be less of a coward in the future. There are many times in life when we have to put ourselves in a vulnerable position. It's best to learn that lesson sooner rather than later.

• thats a great answer