Is it normal for your boyfriend to joke about killing you. ?

My boyfriend has an odd way of thinking. Sometimes he jokes about killing me. We both laugh it off. I'm not worried cause I don't think he'll do it. He's schizophrenic and doesn't take medicine. He's quite larger than me. He's 6'2 180 lbs. I'm 5'0 135 lbs. he jokes about everything so it's hard for me to take him seriously.

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• I've never been in a relationship in which my girlfriend didn't at some point, or sometimes more often, suggest she'd kill me for money. A couple even went into detail about how they'd get away with it. I always quietly listened with a smile, then punctuated their grand scheme with, "At least I'll be dead and all my worries gone. You'll be in prison, cuz that's not gonna work the way you think it will." Then I'd leave and go laugh my ass off in private.
    So, yeah, I think that's pretty normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's schizophrenic?
    ya Id take it seriously girly lol...

it's possible he could do that one day, and that's no joke. especially if he talks about it. one day that idea could pop up again and he might just amuse the thought

1|0
    0|0
  • No it’s not I’m crazy asf and I never told that to anyone unless I actually hated them if you try leaving him he more than likely will kill you you’re knew partner you’re parents then himself I suggest you take precaution unless you enjoy toxic relationships dude

0|0
    0|0
  • If a person jokes about it in a funny way it can be fine. if a schizophrenic says in it a joking way can be red flags as what you see as joke for him could be him thinking outload

0|0
    0|0
    • Gosh I hope not

• Be wary is all i say , schizophrenics see you as ether a hero or villain depending on he's feelings now its why he really should take he's meds

• Lol 😂 I guess I’ll be reading about you in the news soon

1|1
    0|0
  • No, girl keep a frying pan near you at all time just in case you gotta literally smack flames out of him.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only bad thing is that he doesn't take his medication

1|0
    0|0
  • You never joke about taking a life. Each word said is how he thinks he would do it.

0|0
    0|0
    • he is autistic what do u excpect

• That's not a valid excuse. Autism doesn't prevent you from knowing right from wrong, you may be slow, but you aren't unable to distinguish between the two.

• alright, correction: he is a psycopath

• I mean I joke about killing my friends but they know that I can actually do it so they don’t piss me off

0|0
    0|0
  • It is normal for me among friends and I think it is okay in relationship too

0|0
    0|0
  • No its not If he scares u, n that's quite a size difference

1|0
    0|0
  • Scary. You should be scared. Not normal behavior.

1|1
    0|0
  • No it isn’t

0|0
    0|0
  • He seems like a serial killer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • address your concerns with him

0|0
    0|0
  • Buy a taser or some pepper spray and be safe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds normal

0|1
    1|0
  • Hell no that is no joke to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Scary 😱😱😱

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never joked about that

0|0
    0|0
  • NOOOOOO

0|0
    0|0
  • No its not

0|0
    0|0
  • Dump him now x

0|0
    0|0
  • you are not 17

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds fun, stay. Life's a piece of shit anyway

0|1
    1|1

What Girls Said 14

• It's not really normal in the first place, but especially not normal if he is schizophrenic and he doesn't take his medication. He has a mental illness that is currently unmediated, that isn't okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Red flags

He called you a fat peice of shit

He cheated on you

He's a schizophrenic

0|1
    0|0
    • He was joking when he called me fat. And he's not shit either. But he is schizophrenic and takes no medicine for it. I don't know much about schizophrenia

• Show All
    • Ya in the uk people with that disease die almost equally to as many car accidents

So it depends on the person but its certainly not risk free
      Like people have gotten out of jail for murders and went to mental institutions for it cause its not their fault

Lol so id be careful hahah

• Even bigger red flags!! I would leave if I was you

But if he also talks about killing himself you have a issue

• That's not even Ohkay, and should be the last thing someone "jokes" about. Warning sings everywhere, & since you've posted it it clearly bothers you.
    Get out of there before the jokes on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's a man, which means he's strong. Tell someone about it, because that's how relationships mistakenly become dangerous.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's terrifying wtf. Either get that man on meds or get out.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's probably not normal, but I have joked about it before too. We just have a broader sense of humor than some people I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it not normal to joke about that

0|2
    0|0
  • That’s kinda weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be scared.

0|0
    0|0
  • my dad jokes about killing my mom

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think it’s ok in any way shape or form

0|0
    0|0
  • No it’s not have a weapon on you

0|0
    0|0
  • Omfgsh yo my boyfriend is schizo too. And he's actually killed someone. He stabbed someone to death in college when he went off his meds. Wtf. TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY. my guy not taking his meds would be the one thing that would make me leave for sure. Because I KNOW he's capable of killing without warning or provocation. Schizophrenia is nothing to mess with if he's really been diagnosed with that!

0|0
    0|0
    • Aww hell nah. He’s never killed anybody as far as I know. I think he’s a little better now though.

• Uhhh... I wouldn't really stay around.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes