Have you ever been ghosted? Have you ghosted someone?

(if more than one answer applies you can comment about it)

every guy I've slept with in the past has always ended up ghosting me for one reason or another.

and I didn’t realize how much it negatively impacted things for me until yesterday when I about overreacted because the guy i’m currently talking to / sleeping with was leaving me on read.

thing is I knew before we even got together that he was a crap replier, no matter who you are. but it still made me insecure.

didn't realize how much I hated online dating til it hit me that this wouldn’t even be an issue if I hadn’t gotten ghosted so frequently in the past.
  • yes I’ve been ghosted & it negatively impacts dating
    Vote A
  • yes i’ve ghosted someone
    Vote B
  • yes i’ve been ghosted & it didn’t impact dating
    Vote C
  • no i’ve never been ghosted
    Vote D
  • no i’ve never ghosted someone
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, twice recently for NO reason at all. I did nothing wrong or inappropriate. Which to me is extremely immature, disrespectful and selfish. On the plus side, they showed me their true colors, I don't want people like that in my life, so I'm glad they're gone! If you aren't mature enough to communicate with me and tell me if I've done something or you have a problem, then goodbye!

3|1
    0|0
    • I'd never ghost someone, unless I specifically told them I wanted nothing more to do with them and they kept contacting me anyway. Which has never happened.

• Thumbs up

• Yes and yes. Yes I have had girls in the past just stop talking to me and yes, I have suddenly stopped talking to some girls when it wasn't going anywhere.

Is it a bad thing? Nope.

See before social media and online dating became a common thing, you were stuck with calling people on the phone, knocking on their door or stumbling across them in public. Sometimes you just stopped communicating rather than just saying you're done... Both have the same result and one gets the hint one way or another.

Now a days it seems more and more younger people are complaining and moaning about being ghosted and how horrible it is and how is affects them emotionally, etc. I never really heard of the term until this past year when more and more of these questions keep popping up on here relating to ghosting.

Its not anything new and people have been doing it for years. Whether someone tells you to your face that they really don't like you and don't want to deal with you anymore, or whether they just cut all communication, the end result is the same.

You were rejected and you may feel used. You will feel you wasted your time. You will have your feelings hurt. You feel like crap either way... And then you get over it and move on.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think in your case it's because you've slept with them and therefore the mystery has been lost and they've moved on with someone else to have sex. Are you wanting a relationship with these guys?

I've been ghosted once and it hurt so much. It was only after the second date and I think it's because I wouldn't do sexual things with him unless we were in a committed relationship. It ruined my confidence for quite a while after as I did nothing wrong as far as I was concerned :/

0|0
    0|0
    • nah a lot of them I just wanted sex with but like continuously.

• I was ghosted once by a stranger that I had never met in real life - we had a date arranged and then he doesn't show up and ignores all my phone calls. I think that is the only time. There were times where I believed I was being ghosted, only to discover - I had driven them away by accusing them of ghosting me when they were on vacation.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sounds like someone who didn't have the money for his date & was too full of pride to tell you.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 59

• well you tell me, I met a girl with a negative attitude and a crazy personality so I was honest with her and said that I don't think we'll get along and that it won't be fare if I play along just to get sex, but she were pushing for it and she was explaining why I "see" women in a negative way as a reaction of being "severely heart broken" in the past :D
    anyway I kept ignoring her till one day she called me at midnight and asked to come over and she came drunk and said she want sex but I refused since I knew she was gonna use it as a trap, so we sat for a while and I made her coffee to sober up so I can take her home, and then when she was ready she asked to stay and kept leading things toward sex so I made myself clear that I'm not looking for anything serious and then slept with her, the next day she started acting as if she were my girlfriend and was freaky so I started avoiding her but she was literally calling me names and stuff so I had to ghost her !
    was I wrong in your opinion?

0|0
    0|0
    • No, I don't believe you did anything wrong, not in the way that you explained it... Other than knowingly having sex with a crazy chick with a negative attitude. However, from how you describe this individual, I'm guessing that at one point in the evening, you may have said something that she interpreted as "potential boyfriend talk." Or she is delusional, but probably the 1st. My suggestion, that if ever in this situation again, you clarify that it's the lack of compatibility between the two of you as the reason for not wanting to pursue a relationship, as opposed to you just not able to be successful in one. It sounds to me like you allowed her to entertain the idea of being "emotionally damaged" and she felt that given the chance, she could "fix" you. Not confirming a theory isn't the same as downright denying it, and in the fix-it-female-psyche, she likely felt that she had figured you out and was looking forward to the challenge of breaking down your walls.

• @NurseBexy kinda agree with you, and I took my lesson, from now on no matter how hard it might be for the girl and even if she will be welling to hurt her self, I'm gonna finish it, no second chances no matter what !

• Ghosted and been ghosted before. I ghosted out of laziness, not wanting to explain why, or even deal with it. I got ghosted because she was cheating on her boyfriend and probably had the same reasons... I only found out why when a guy trying to be my friend invited me to his pre-marriage party to meet his fiance... yup, it was her. Yup, it was awkward.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have being ghosted and done ghosting - Yes it does impact dating - You are always going to carry your experience forward - Even though I say being ghosted hurts, sometimes it feels like the simplest way to leave it - One of those ones, no perfect answer and everyone is capable of ghosting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I ever been ghosted when involved in a semi-real online relationship... And I ain't never ghost anybody.. Now I ahve been maybe interested in girls and they initially showed interest in me but slide out and never heard from them again.. SO in a way yeah I been ghosted..

0|0
    0|0
  • If people ghost me, they have their reasons. I wish they didn't think ghosting was appropriate, because if someone wants to break contact with me, it is nice to have a little message knowing the person is okay but moving on and wants to break contact. that is completely understandable in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and yes. People come, people go, shit happens, life moves on. I tend to think of people as just passing through anyway. They will soon be replaced by someone else, that's how it goes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, quite literally. Some girl stopped talking to me entirely for no reason. I got really pissed off until I found out she actually had died. So I was literally "ghosted"

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a question of my own!
    It was really hard because the person was really very friendly and nice to me.
    The last message I got was a "good night" with many hearts and kissing smileys. Since then I never heard from her again. She reads my daily news, but there is no answer in sight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in a romantic sense, no. I've ghosted people I've known three times in my life, and each time, there was a damned good reason, and I've never regretted it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you mean by ghosting. If a woman isn't showing any interest I just stop trying. I've had numerous that fail to make a date or start a conversation. They're not blocked, but it's been months and none have so much as said hi.

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean you talk and you actually get together (sex and / or dates) and then you just never hear from them again.

• People these days are too cowardly to break up in person. Or even on the phone. Or even after a two year relationship.

• I've been ghosted a lot. I guess it is because I'm so weird it makes them uncomfortable. It reeeeeaaally fucking hurts but a lot of girls just don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been ghosted but I haven't ghosted anyone. Ghosting in my opinionis is very imature. If you can't handle rejecting someone then you aren't ready for a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been ghosted. It has affected me in a way. But wt least you got sex out of it. I never got that far :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Once. Not something I wanted to do. She hung out with me twice and the last time she counted it as a "second date." tried to end things easy, but she wouldn't take a hint.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I had that happen before and it shook my self esteem and made me question my worth as a partner. I'm better now, but I remember it clearly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been ghosted, by my crush. Basically the girl I loved more than anything and I trusted completly, who decided, one day, to stop talking to me.
    That doesn't help trusting anyone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I don't know but seem like every woman i get close or do the dirty deed with, seem to ghosted me sooner or later, it sucks right?

0|0
    0|0
  • Man what is this obsession about being ghost? If he doesn't wanna talk to you take the hi t and block him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess I have no ghost problem since I have no ghosts to share. I only have sex within marriage and only been married once: September 4th 2014.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not the worst thing in the world but it's highly agitating.

I once met a very attractive woman last month who was downright amazing. We were pretty compatible and wanted to try dating. I managed to schedule off work one evening, made a reservation at what she said was her favorite place to eat (for a simple first date) got ready and showed up. I winded up looking like an idiot because she never showed and I got pissed and went to a bar instead. Saw her two weeks later at the same damn restaurant with someone else. I wanted so bad to just walk past and say "Oh hey! you stood me up the other night." But whatever, wasn't worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• I have been ghosted maybe twice. I've ghosted people a few times, but I mostly tell them I don't want to talk to them anymore. I personally have never felt anything for it for long. I get hurt for like 2 seconds, and then realize it doesn't fix anything so I just shrug and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have been ghosted. Our relationship didn't Last more than 2 months. I am not sure what happened exactly, but I called him because I was concerned that he didn't called me like he said, so he took that opportunity to break up with me by phone. I wanted him to break up with me on person so we planned to see us on a certain place, however, he sent me a message that he was going to work at That moment. After not receiving anymore messages after the week, I sent him a la message where I told him I was setting him free, even with that message, he didn't answered or did something else. So I was ghosted.

I really felt bad, even I regretted about overreacting about not calling me. However, after some time, and also thanks to my therapist, I understood that our relation was not meant to be, he didn't want to commit to it and I have to mature on some personal issues before I decide to commit to a serious relation, even understand and have good reasons about why do I want a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been ghosted and I've never ghosted anyone. I believe it's immature and disrespectful and would feel horrible personally.

I know one guy did say I ghosted him but I don't think that several attempts (6 times) to not continue conversation and clear communication on why i don't want to, can be considered ghosting.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah its happened to me too. usually it stems from insecurity on a guys part, like they dont have the balls to be a dependable companion. Or they can't express their feelings the way females can. Also, they have a superiority complex; like, they may not be good enough so they will ghost you to make you feel like you're not. Thats how I see it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same thing happened to me, I was having something w this guy since November 2017, last time we had sex about 2 weeks ago. He seem really interested and nonstop calling me, he was very excited that day and we had sex that day. The day after he deleted me and never texted me again. I was really confused cause we had a long time building the relationship and he expressed me a lot of feelings he told me he was scared to tell me. But what can we us do, move on🤷🏻‍♀️

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating wise, friendship wise I’ve been ghosted a shit ton. But I’ve ghosted very rare times. Maybe 2 but for serious personal reasons. Not really because of them but me and I just don’t feel like explaining my shitty problems. XD Now I’m a ghost.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've ghosted people, actually only one person, cause he didn't take my words into account and kept with his bs behavior. After few days tho, I wrote him I don't wanna text with him, because he doesn't respect my wishes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I ghosted a boy I liked at my school, we stopped seeing each other, but we still texted. I developed feelings for another boy and ghosted the one I was talking to. Bad news is I have to see him this year at school😬.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. I've been ghosted. First time I really tried the whole online dating thing. I started to a guy and i thought we were really hitting things off. He was saying all the right things and making contact all the time. And then, he just stopped.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only time I’ve ever ghosted was when the dude sent me a D-pick outta no where, he wouldn’t stop calling, wouldn’t stop texting and I barely knew him. I usually like to provide closure, but he was just creepy and annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Recently on Here, dear, But I feel they are still Near. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Thankfully I've never been ghosted before, then again I've only gone on dates with 3 men my entire life.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Everyone I've ever known never shuts up. And I would never do this because I extend the curtesy of letting them know why I don't want to talk to them. Good karma!

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess you can say I've ghosted some people. They get their hopes up and a lot of times I'm just not able to follow through.

0|0
    0|0
  • I ghost a lot my friend calls me the ghost... wwooohh

0|0
    0|0
  • I've ghosted and been ghosted I don't think it impacts dating just sometimes you need to

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and it sucks , he was replying to my dms and suddenly ignored me and blocked me for no reason

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda ghosted girl telling her I don’t live here I’m going back home in the morning.

0|0
    0|0
  • This post is offensive to the ghost community.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not ghostqueen for nothing.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes