Have you ever been ghosted? Have you ghosted someone?

(if more than one answer applies you can comment about it)

every guy I've slept with in the past has always ended up ghosting me for one reason or another.

and I didn’t realize how much it negatively impacted things for me until yesterday when I about overreacted because the guy i’m currently talking to / sleeping with was leaving me on read.

thing is I knew before we even got together that he was a crap replier, no matter who you are. but it still made me insecure.

didn't realize how much I hated online dating til it hit me that this wouldn’t even be an issue if I hadn’t gotten ghosted so frequently in the past.
  • yes I’ve been ghosted & it negatively impacts dating
  • yes i’ve ghosted someone
  • yes i’ve been ghosted & it didn’t impact dating
    Vote C
  • no i’ve never been ghosted
    Vote D
  • no i’ve never ghosted someone
    Vote E

3561

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, twice recently for NO reason at all. I did nothing wrong or inappropriate. Which to me is extremely immature, disrespectful and selfish. On the plus side, they showed me their true colors, I don't want people like that in my life, so I'm glad they're gone! If you aren't mature enough to communicate with me and tell me if I've done something or you have a problem, then goodbye!

• I'd never ghost someone, unless I specifically told them I wanted nothing more to do with them and they kept contacting me anyway. Which has never happened.

• Thumbs up

• Yes and yes. Yes I have had girls in the past just stop talking to me and yes, I have suddenly stopped talking to some girls when it wasn't going anywhere.

Is it a bad thing? Nope.

See before social media and online dating became a common thing, you were stuck with calling people on the phone, knocking on their door or stumbling across them in public. Sometimes you just stopped communicating rather than just saying you're done... Both have the same result and one gets the hint one way or another.

Now a days it seems more and more younger people are complaining and moaning about being ghosted and how horrible it is and how is affects them emotionally, etc. I never really heard of the term until this past year when more and more of these questions keep popping up on here relating to ghosting.

Its not anything new and people have been doing it for years. Whether someone tells you to your face that they really don't like you and don't want to deal with you anymore, or whether they just cut all communication, the end result is the same.

You were rejected and you may feel used. You will feel you wasted your time. You will have your feelings hurt. You feel like crap either way... And then you get over it and move on.

Most Helpful Girls

• I think in your case it's because you've slept with them and therefore the mystery has been lost and they've moved on with someone else to have sex. Are you wanting a relationship with these guys?

I've been ghosted once and it hurt so much. It was only after the second date and I think it's because I wouldn't do sexual things with him unless we were in a committed relationship. It ruined my confidence for quite a while after as I did nothing wrong as far as I was concerned :/

• nah a lot of them I just wanted sex with but like continuously.

• I was ghosted once by a stranger that I had never met in real life - we had a date arranged and then he doesn't show up and ignores all my phone calls. I think that is the only time. There were times where I believed I was being ghosted, only to discover - I had driven them away by accusing them of ghosting me when they were on vacation.

• Sounds like someone who didn't have the money for his date & was too full of pride to tell you.