Guys, is possible for a girl to be TOO good looking for you to approach? Why?

Also known as ‘The Hawt Girl’ curse, is it possible for a woman that is very attractive to not be approached SOLELY because she’s just that good looking?
  • Yes, this is possible.
  • Maybe for some guys but not me.
  • It is for me but not most guys.
    Vote C
  • No, this is a myth.
    Vote D
  • I’m a girl.
    Vote E

688

Most Helpful Guys

• You have to differentiate. There is a difference between a really attractive "cute" girl, and really attractive "hot" girl. If you are really "hot" (the way you dress and do your make up mostly) , you will be intimidating and be less approached. If you are really attractive, but "cute", then you are going to have much more attention.

When girls go out, they tend to dress and do their make up/hair in a "hot" top model kind of way. Like Adriana Lima or something. I would never ever in a 100 years be confident enough to approach a girl that looks like Adriana Lima. And that means a lot considering im very muscular, yet still scared of hot girls.

• I agree but I think "hot" is not also just intimidating, its also not that good. I personally am not interested in "hot" girls. If a girl is beautiful and wears little to no makeup and wears more simple clothes, I think they are way more likely to have a good personality and so I am far more attracted to them and far more likely to approach them.

• @bamesjond0069
      "I agree but I think "hot" is not also just intimidating, its also not that good" you are right, i also develope feelings and attraction for "cute" girls much more than hot ones. In fact, i was never fell in love with a hot girl. I think its directly tied with how intimidating a hot girl looks. Because intimidation is not feminine. Its masculine, and therefore less attractive in girls.
      Its the other way round for guys. When guys are intimidating by being very muscular or something, its not a bad thing. Its attractive.

I wish girls would realize that. I hate it when i go out with my girlfriend and she has a "hot" style and clothes. When i say i prefer her without make up, she doesn't understand. She thinks im telling her she looks bad. Its annoying..

• You asked 2 questions there.
    Yes it is possible for s girl to be too good looking to approach her.
    No I don't think that a very attractive woman won't be approached at all because of this. It's just that some won't do it. Some will of course.

For the first question it really is about your self esteem and stuff, with people sort of sorting people into "leagues" with hers just being too high or I don't know.

• I never mentioned anything about her never being approached lol, just asked if her looks would be a sole reason as to why a guy decides not to talk to her.

• The "hawt gurl curse" part really sounded like that

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m a girl. And I believe if you get discouraged just by someone’s looks, you’re chicken af. It’s just an unnecessary excuse for cowardice. Doesn’t matter if you’re a man or woman. If good looks scare you away, you’re just a punk 🤷🏾‍♀️😂

• I don't think looks are any different than other categories when it comes to preconceptions about people. Are men cowards if they don't approach a woman who appears to be acting too dumb to date? :)

• @infp_libra_78

What you are describing are negative characteristics.
      Not being attracted or turned off by certain qualities isn’t cowardice. That’s just preference.

• @Ellie. I don't understand your comment. What I really mean is that people reserve the right to choose a mate based on any quality they like. Based on experience or not. I don't approach just anyone, that would be a waste of time. There are many "nice/attractive" girls out there, and frankly if they are hot they may be swarmed by other guys with alterior motives. So when presented with attractive women who put more signals out there, or qualities that are a match, I'll focus on them. If the hot girl doesn't like that, she can approach me or put more out there, door swings both ways.