Long distance crush acting hot and cold?

There is a female friend whom I’ve been texting with for a few months. We first met less than a year ago and have gone out a couple of times. Unfortunately, she is now completing her postgrad in another country and even after she’s done, we may not end up in the same place (we’re from different countries). I’ve been hoping to keep in touch with her as a friend, since the distance makes it impossible anyway.

We got along well and she always responded enthusiastically, we shared a lot and we have many shared passion and interests. However, one day, out of the blue, she started responding slower and less often, and she would reply to some of my texts, but not others. I don’t believe I did or said anything wrong that triggered that, nor did I take things too fast. It was all just friendly conversations, asking basic and harmless questions, trying to get to know her better. She doesn’t completely ignore me and some of the texts are still friendly. However, isn’t it odd that she would not reply to some of my texts, as a friend?

11