The relaxing guitar instrumental sounds of Chet Atkins

smahala1991

Chet Atkins was a guitar virtuoso who could play just about any song or genre and master it without even really trying. I am doing this mytake to expose you to the talent of this man and hopefully you will find his music relaxing and enjoyable as I do. Here are a few of my favorites.

Mrs. Robinson

Orange Blossom Special

Sukiyaki

Heart of Glass

Sweet Caroline

Ode to Billy Joe

Battle of New Orleans

Yakety Axe (Benny Hill Theme)

Windy and Warm

And finally Limbo Rock

Yes, Chet was very versatile where he could play with the best of Symphony Orchestras or the most country of songs. he covered a lot more than this,but this is just a sample of his genius. I invite you to plug in your headphones and let this music take you away on a journey fueled by guitar strings.

#listentothemusic

#relax

1
5
1Girl Opinion
5Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatthefluff
    Thanks for sharing!! I'll definitely be adding these to my playlist:)
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

05
  • ChetAtkins
    He did an entire album with Mark Knopfler. (Lead guitarist for Dire Straits)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbv5gQS1hWc
    I read his book. He said he was very poor growing up. He once broke a guitar string on his crappy guitar. So he pulled a wire out of his mom's screen door, and used that. He said he hated sports, but he kind of liked watching the cheerleaders! lol

• NineBreaker
    Ever since you had that question about Windy and Warm, I added him to my Google library. Thanks!
  • TadCurious
    Thanks for highlighting this truly great guitar player.
  • Prankster13
    Niiiice. I like this music...

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!