Should there be a requirement to include obese people in the fast food commercials?

It is so irritating that in almost all American fast food promotional ads if there is a person, it is average or skinny.
Is like if they try to fool people by showing that skinny people is into the fast foods lifestyle.
I honestly see it as an insult for not showing the reality of the situation.Should there be a requirement to include obese people in the fast food commercials??Should there be a requirement to include obese people in the fast food commercials??Should there be a requirement to include obese people in the fast food commercials??Should there be a requirement to include obese people in the fast food commercials??
Thankyou everybody who commented. My goal was to be polemic as possible and make GAGERs eager to participate. Bec. the more we talk about a topic no matter how uncomfortable it makes us feel, the better informed we become. Obesity is a major problem that affects everyone directly or indirectly but we are not doing enough as citizens to help solve the problem. I perhaps didn't word Q efficiently, but I wished people could have been more analytical and see advantages of my proposal.@TheGreyVisionary

3581

Most Helpful Girls

• Fast food doesn’t make people fat. The circumstances around why people choose fast food makes them fat

Eg lack of time transportation price food deserts etc...

That I said I’m all for a wider range of body shapes and actors being included in all advertising

• Lol. Fast food doesn't make people fat.

Please, get serious. You are talking like the coca cola spokesperson telling congress cola is good for someone because it helps them reach their daily water intake. (Search it up)

• If there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that people have different needs and different diets. One size and one diet do not fit all OP

• Asker
      I know. One day I won't be so lucky but right now as a college student, fast food is cheap and fast.

• As humans we are attracted to things we cannot be. Plus size people are awesome and there is always the say "Don't judge the book by it's cover"
    In a way I think it is a marketing scheme to make it seem less harmfull. If there were obese and plus size people within fast food commercial it would show directly that the food they sell isn't completely healthy. But however when advertised with fit people automatically mentally it makes it seem less harmfull. Also we live in a sensitive world these days. If fast food commercials did have obese people the company would be dealing with a lot of hate comments on social medias also lots of misunderstandings.

Most Helpful Guys

• That doesn't attract a lot of customers. If I have a business, I want to maximize the amount of customers I have. If I put on an ad that sends the message "out of shape people like this", I'll have almost no customers.
    Besides that, the way a person's shape is shouldn't really matter in these commercials. Average and skinny people eat fast food all the time. In fact, the 'average body' look is the average customer. I work as a fast food manager and I can say honestly that we get a large range of customers, and only a handful are in noticeable bad shape.

• I'm thinking more like a warning from the Surgeon General in the corner of the screen. "Caution, may cause obesity, type II diabetes, bowel cancer, morbid obesity, gastrointestinal reflux disease, etc.
    Big business is poisoning you for profit, and not just the fast food companies but nearly ALL food producers. In addition to the added salt, sugar and fat, there are more than 8000 food additives used in the food industry---most of them unnecessary to your well-being. This does not include the dozens of pesticides.
    ~JSmith