Do you think this whole fat acceptance thing is ridiculous?

You should love your body, you should realize it doesn't have to perfect to be healthy and/Or attractive, but accepting, even praising obesity and unhealthy eating habits, being a drain on your countries medical funds, is just wrong, when it is completely preventable, I have the same stance with heavy smokers/drinkers

4768

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends on how you see it or who you are referring to. Body positivity and acceptance is very important and society needs to stop being so intolerant and harsh towards overweight people. No matter how much people talk about health or medical bills and taxes we all know that deep down it's just your superficial privileged ass.

I don't support promoting obesity and unhealthy eating, I try to encourage my overweight friends and family members to eat healthier and choose their favorite physical activity to bang on. But I know that things are not very simple for everyone and we never know what other people are going through.

Conclusion:
    I don't support fat shaming or any body shaming.
    I don't support unhealthy lifestyle either whether it's literally eating and physical activity or just mental state.
    But I do urge people to be more compassionate and less harsh and intolerant.

Being fat doesn't mean you just sit in and cry, no. Every human being is still valuable, they matter and they have the full right to enjoy their lives.

• 7d

I agree with most of what you said however, you need to realise how big an effect it has on our healthcare system, in my local hospital we have had to pay millions for mobile Cath labs, because of the growing number of people having heart problems, to say most of these are congenital issues is false, the majority of them are preventable, about 3 months ago a man had to taken to a hospital 2 hrs away with heart problems and died in transit, only because we do not have the facilities to accommodate the growing numbers, I would much rather see this money, go towards other areas of health that are underfunded, such as mental health and palliative care, or more funding for the radiology department

• 7d

The bottmline is I hate smokers, especially when they are rude enough to smoke infront of infants, pregnant ladies, at non smoking area zone -- knowing well she shouldn't. I have zero tolerance for such ignorance. People may have asthma, second hand smokers experience severe health issues. I wish they just inhale the smoke and keep it in their lungs.

• 7d

Well apparently you don't get out much.

• I've been large - I'm just going to say 'It was my body then, my business, it's my body now, my business'. If people aren't happy it's their problem. I don't live my life for other people, if I make changes to it I won't do it for other people either (I have in the past). Except me or walk away. To many people think that they are entitled to tell others how to live one way or another. Wrong, (Unless it's your profession (Doctor etc).

• If I don't like something 'In my space' I can walk away or deal with it if I need too... so it works both ways. Because I'll be honest there's a lot of things I don't like lol, that's life. in my opinion maturity shows in the way you handle it.

• @Ice_Wallow_Come I'm not encouraging it, just minding my own business... If people are overweight and unhappy and you start nagging and being negative, they're more likely to turn to their comfort, and if people are walking, getting out making slow changes and you point out they're fat make them feel bad for existing, they might give up trying, so there's that way to look at it too. I tend to look at things very differently, I tend not to worry about how you live, but live to the fullest that you can, because the carpet can be pulled from under your feet no matter what you do or don't do... I know this for fact, I nearly died, and I live with a level of disability that means that life is not easy, but I intend to live it.

• @Ice_Wallow_Come... trust me I'm more of an expense in order to stay alive than most, I will never walk again for one... and I stand a chance of dying still, a real chance, however like I said life is for living, I'd rather say I watched a sunrise with my son, than say I worry about a celebrity couple or splatter up an opinion regarding someones weight, (Either way). None of those two will change anything, or leave a happy memory for anyone. little over 10 years older than you I was dying through no fault of mine. Things change.

Most Helpful Guys

• Let the body positivity flourish and we will have all these body positivity fatty activists dead in the next 30 years or so and we no longer need to discuss something so obvious. Naturally i think it is ridiculous and needs to stopped. So many stupid things trending these days

Flat earthers

Anti vaxxers

Body positivity stuff

Vegan/gluten/god knows what free diets

It almost feels like we are heading backwards in evolution.

• You might be onto something there lol personally I'm an advocate of a vegan diet, but everything else you mentioned yeah we are going backwards

• We ARE heading backwards

• At least flat earthers are funny to ridicule. These obese greasebags cost us money.

• The fat movement needs to be stopped, they are encouraging unhealthy lives. Yes, it is your life but if you decide to encourage others to be fat then that is wrong.

If I decide to smoke cigarettes, then start a pro smoking movement, I'm pretty sure you will find that as wrong. That is exactly what the fat movement is doing, promoting unhealthy lives.