"Advice" Take It With A Grain Of Salt

Easy on the salt
Easy on the salt

I'm not saying it's wrong to get advice or opinions from someone ever. Sometimes, we all get confused with our thoughts, feelings and want to hear someone else's point of view.

Noone knows you better than you
Noone knows you better than you

There's just some reasons why the best advice has to come from ourselves.

Were all different
We're all different

We're all different people. What works for one person, or one couple; may not work for the next. Relationship dynamics are based on the personalities of the two individuals involved. If there is something wrong in your relationship, the best person to communicate that with is the other person it involves directly and the other person it affects.

Youre the one who will live with the results
You're the one who will live with the results

People are well meaning, but they can't always fully understand the situation unless they've experienced the same exact thing. And sometimes you will get great advice that will work for you. But sometimes you won't.

Advise yourself
Advise yourself

Plus, we really do know the answers sometimes, right??!! I mean, we'll be the first to give someone else advise.

So then, were should apply the advice we would give someone else to our own life. And believe in yourself and be true to your heart.

It does help to talk to someone, get things off your chest. Work issues, worries about school or children. But when it comes to relationship issues, be careful not to let too many"people" into your relationship.

Opinions all over the place
Opinions all over the place

You may end up getting varying or conflicting advise which may further confuse you to what you should do.

But at the end of the day, the best advise, the thoughts that matter the most should be yours and those of your SO. Isn't that the point?

Being with that one person that understands you better than anyone else? That you can tell anything to?

Again you can value someone's opinion, but at the end of the day, be true to yourself and what's best for you. πŸ’―β™₯️

Thanks for reading πŸ€—πŸ€—

"Brainsbeforebeauty"😘

"Advice" Take It With A Grain Of Salt
21
5

Most Helpful Guys

• Lliam
    Good MyTake, bbb.
    Opinions are like ass holes. Everyone has one.
    Actually, seeking advice isn't a bad thing. The problem is in discerning good advice from bad. But advice and suggestions can sometimes be insightful. It's not a bad thing to bounce ideas off of people as a way of thinking them through.

Something you touched on is, sometimes people ask advice just to vent or even just to get attention. My wife had a good friend, a neurotic Jewish princess, who continually talked about her problems and asked my wife for advice. But never once did she follow the advice. She just kept engaging in the same behavior and making the same mistakes. She would come back a week later and ask the same questions. My wife finally quite taking her seriously.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Oh yeah been there done that with people myself, I know exactly what you mean πŸ™„πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ lol

• Ianto
    Excellent mytake, thank you.
    What I would add is that one doesn't seek advice to be told what to do. It is to gather different viewpoints that may reveal an aspect you have missed.
    Is this still revelant?
    • True. In some cases. Relationship advice I feel is more personal and something best discussed with your partner tho. I mean wouldn't you feel hurt if your partner was telling others your private business instead of trying to discuss with you?

• Ianto

Yes, I probably would, but I also acknowledge that life is complex and sometimes one needs help to achieve the best perspective. I know that before approaching a delicate relationship problem with a partner, it helps to try and understand what they may be thinking. Being a bear of little brain, I need all the help I can get exploring a feminine perspective.

• Doesn't sound like you have a little brain to me 😊

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

519
  • Thatsamazing
    People don't listen to advice. If we did, we'd all be smart, kind, healthy, fit, non-smoking non-criminals. "Hey, that thing you've been doing, just don't do that." People are creatures of habit, to say the least. The way people change is by helping them recognize that the desire to change for the positive is already within them and they need to bring it to the surface themselves, not just be told what to do. If we bring about our own change, we will make it stick.
  • TCredo
    Great My Take Toots! And it's filled with great... wait for it... advice :)

Reminded me of some of the best "advice" I've been given... and it wasn't some magical words of wisdom as much as someone who is a good listener and question asker - which led me to figure it out with guidance vs. being told... which is like you were saying about coming from ourselves :)
  • Kirby89
    Life is like playing chess, sometimes we need to see from the other side of the board.
    I might be able to give advice to others bc I see it from different sides. The same thing happen when I asked others for advice, I want to see different perspectives.

But of course, those perspectives came from various people with different personalities also. So they might come like a summer breeze or summer rain.

Just brace yourself.
  • FlirtWithMeeee
    You hit the nail right on the head! So true! It sounds like you've been shaking your head and coming to some of the same conclusions after reading many of the questions and responses in here. The only person who can truly solve your own problem is you. Usually when I "advise" a person, well in person, I try to get them to come to their own conclusions and make their own decisions. It's hard to do that on here though. Instead, I often end up just talking about my own similar experiences and relaying what I learned from them.

Thanks. You inspired me to write my own takes... coming soon.
    • Thank you. And let me know when. I'll definitely read em πŸ™‚

• Sure. I'll probably get to them some time this week. It's not like I have a lot to do sitting in my house unable to go to work πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• Right lol best time to do it. I've Still been trying to walk at the track but that's weather permitting

• arabgoddess
    This take was awesome.. Full of knowledge and wisdom β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯
  • Colla
    It depends on why you seek advice and on whose giving it. Sometimes advice is good sometimes not it also depends on the situation. I don't know that's how I see it
  • msc545
    Advice can be useful if it comes from someone who knows what they are talking about, and has experienced the same problem, and has been able to solve it - but all problems are different.
  • Aakash_Hangargi
    Great Mytake people should take only required positive feedbacks. I have literally seen on this site people asking how to solve their problem and people here are advicing to break the relation itself and that to not for major problems small disciplinary and habitual issues
    There are some home reckers over here gaslight ing the asker I feel so bad they came with her problem and they got to know of more problems one is for pro and one is against asker but both advice would end up in breaking up the relation who were putting there experiences (bad) in asker problems which had nothing to do with this my take should put some sense
  • It was a mistake growing up, I just want to go back. Life was simpler when we were kids.
  • Yamahoo
    Very true, wish more people of the internet saw this cause opinions are everywhere.
  • FatherJack
    Good take , you alone are responsible for your own decisions & actions , or lack thereof.
    • Very true and very well said. Hope you and your children are well and safeβ™₯️😊

• LEADFOOTboi
    sometimes you can't take advice from yourself because of... lack of knowlege or understanding of a topic in any way... that point requires research
    • Depends on the topic but relationships you have to learn and grow together, that's not something you can learn in a book. It's how well you know yourself and your partner

• momma knows a lot tho... and knowing what kinda people are out there can help...

• Ok but once"in" a relationship you have to care more about the thoughts, opinions of your partner not momma

• DaMack999
    Couldn't agree more. You seem to be very well educated women. Koodos.
  • Unit1
    Right on!
    On the contrary there are these people (i should just call them degenerates), who ask for advice, then when they receive said advice they either...
    A) Don't listen or heed and proceed still towards failure.
    B) Get butthurt and resort to ad homined or blocking the user
    Bonus points if that user keeps asking again for advice because that user got yet another sour experience.

On another point there may be universally true advises out there. They may not be very many but when applying universally that means they benefit the vast majority of people (e. g. don't cheat on your partner - except for cucks. They love it) (or make your own money, so that you don't depend financially on another. Except for those, who want to be housewives but they'll be the one's, who have to deal with the results whatever they may be).
  • ZELLxoxo
    Totally agree!!
  • COMMODOREII
    Amen sister!!!
  • loveslongnails
    I always say : "The worst vice is AD vice " :)
  • KrakenAttackin
    Another good post.
  • Handysandy69
    I take pasta with a grain of salt too
  • Tunasub
    Bravo, exactly what needed to be said...💯.
  • themythos
    Well said.
  • malik_yashvardhan
    Wow nice my take
  • Nickel_Slam
    Yes. That is great advice to live by.
  • Anonymous
    The worst thing you can do is trying to give advice to someone who doesn't want it. I get that you want to help. But if someone says they just need to vent a little. Don't go telling them what they're doing wrong. I'm saying this for your own sake.

Most of the time we don't know the full story and giving advice is something you're supposed to be really careful with. If the person really needed advice, they would probably talk with someone who actually knows about the subject and not some random friend.

The truth is that all people really want when they're venting about their problems are someone who can tell them it's okay to be upset.

I don't wanna hear anyone saying "only girls get mad at something like that" or anything similar. I have been the advice giver too many times to know you should be careful with it no matter who it is your talking to.

Some people can't discuss even the smallest things. I've had friends who got mad because I didn't like the same food as them.

I mean GaG is a perfect example of people not liking when you don't agree with them
    • Ikr or people that give you advice they don't follow themselves πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

• Classic

• But one thing? Saying this for my own sake? You did mean that hypothetical I hope lol because the other way assumes you know me or how I give advice, which I always say what I may do, but tell people they have to do what's right for them.