Would you date someone who doesn't have a car/cant drive? Why or why not?

For starters, im single dammit *eye roll* lol i wanna be happy because i knew i deserved better, but im mad at myself because i still love him but know its 100% over now. I ruined us for good. I was strong and broke up with him that afternoon after getting fed up. Then that night we talked, he played dumb and asked if i recalled what happened earlier. So i played dumb in return and pretended as if we never broke up. He got pissed and i turned all “delusional” and kept telling him he was still my boyfriend. I stooped to his level and had a very childish moment. But whatever, he's done with me now so its for the best. My friends tagteamed me and lectured me for getting weak all of a sudden and going out with a bang as the “crazy” girlfriend. Smh. But anyways today im feeling ok. They also told me how no guy these days will want a girl who doesn't have a car/not trying to learn to drive. So theyre prob right but i just wanted to ask y'all. I mean my boyfriend and guys before him didn't have a car but i still wanted and loved them. So it kinda sucks that guys these days apparently may not want me. #FeelFreeToList #DudeWheresMyCar
  • I would date someone who doesn't have a car and can't drive
  • I would date someone who doesn't have a car as long as they know how to drive
  • I wouldn't date someone who doesn't have a car and can't drive
    Vote C
  • I also dont have a car and can't drive
    Vote D
  • I also dont have a car but can drive
    Vote E

1657

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd date & have dated someone who doesn't have a car or knw how to drive as long as getting one & learning how to drive is one of their near future goals

Where I am there is NO public transportation I stay in a VERY rual (country) area so if you don't have a car or live near where you work your dead in the water (so not having a car would be rough but as long as tht is something they want for themselves in the future then sure) but they don't want to learn how to drive ever then I don't think I could shoulder that

• LOL yea welp guess my friends and ex were right. We’re also in a rural area with little to no transport and i kinda gave up on wanting to drive when i started getting the shakes and my nerves got worse. So yea ig thats what they meant when they said no guy wants that

• Its not that them not having a car is a turn off its just tht in a living together situation especially w/a child or we both working full time jobs you gotta be able to get around.

• I’d def be drivin by then

• Unless you live somewhere that has great public transit, or have a medical condition the precludes you from driving. I'd say they need to drive. It's too much work to be the only driver in a family. My exwife didn't drive, so I'd goto college, on my way home I'd run errands, take her to work, then goto work myself, head home, then pick her up, maybe run another errand. And days off we're me driving all over running errands. If we needed to go do laundry at the laundromat, guess who did it. Groceries? Me again. Pick her sister up? Me. Fuck that, never doing it again.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't know how to drive so I feel like I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't wanna date someone because they couldn't drive or didn't have a car. I live in the city and take the bus everywhere so it's not really necessary for me to drive. Plus i don't see well so i don't feel i would pass the vision test to even get a license lol. I wouldn't mind if a guy didn't drive. We'd just have to Lyft or Uber everywhere.

• Yea uber here high af lol plus we lack pub transport. I do prefer he have a car but im willing to help him save for one. I also dont think ill pass the test because of my vision and shakey arm

• Cars are material things. Possessions. They mean sod all in a relationship. Abilities, like driving, and somewhat the same.

All that matters is being loving and caring. ANy guy that cannot be that is not worth considering a s even a casual date, let alone a life long partner.

• I agree. I dont even see guys that way... but my friends say guys wouldn't want me if i can't drive. I find that bogus especially since both these girls have cars and can drive, yet theyre the ones single

• Thank you for MHG!

• You deserve it