My girlfriend hit me?

We're both 22 years old and dated for 4 years. A few days ago, I kissed another girl and regret it a lot. I then told my girlfriend about this. My girlfriend then slapped me after I told her. She started crying and yelled at me for being unfaithful. I kept apologizing to her.

After being dumped for a while, we agreed to stay together, but she thinks that it is ok to physically assault a person. She won't apologize to me for slapping me. I did cheat, but think she went overboard by hitting me.

What should I do?
I don't love the girl I kissed. My girlfriend is the world to me
Did I deserve to be slapped?

Most Helpful Girl

• In all honesty, I think you deserved it. Cheating is despicable. While I think people should refrain from using violence, I understand her frustration. You didn't just cheat on her. You broke her trust in others, perhaps forever. You perhaps gave her a jaded view of the world. People who haven't been cheated on don't understand what it does to you mentally. If you asked for an apology from me after that, I probably would have smacked you again, but then again, I wouldn't be giving you a second chance in the first place. Be happy she's staying with you at all, a lot of girls wouldn't.

• So if my girlfriend cheat on me, then it is ok for me to hit her.

• If it's understandable for a women to hit in this situation then you're saying it's understandable for a man to hit if the women cheats. It isn't ok regardless of the situation.

• She left me for good, how do I get her back?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never dated a girl who hasn't hit me at least once. Most of my female friends have hit or kicked me at least once. Even the nicest of them. I've even been hit in the balls by a few girls. I've even been hit by girls I barely know. I must admit that a fraction of the time it was deserved but usually it wasn't and my size in comparison to them seems to make it okay in their mind. I have no stance and no desire to proclaim it morally correct or incorrect just pointing out that it's actually not very surprising that your girlfriend finds no wrong in hitting a man especially if you're significantly larger than them. Most women don't. The Catch 22 is if you say that you want it to stop people assume it's because you're weak and can't take it but if you don't you allow the double standard of violence to persist. So by being strong and standing up for what you may believe you unintentionally convince people you are weak. Either way my motto is if you don't like it leave it.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 10

• No one deserves to be touched physically in an altercation, guy or girl. But it seems like once it starts, the "hitter" thinks it's acceptable.
    More importantly, maybe you should think about why you kissed another girl if you love your girlfriend and she means the world to you. Everyone enjoys a compliment or flirting no matter how committed they are to another, it helps us remember we're still appealing. Following through with actions considered cheating might mean you need to reevaluate your feelings.

• you deserved to be slapped and, considering you didn't get any sequels derived from that slap, I guess you should accept it as a just punishment for your lack of fidelity.

either way... why oh why did u go and kiss that girl?

It was 4 years with someone u loved. Why did u do it? Even I can see u felt guilty, because u told her. But im trying to understand what even went through that barain of urs to do it?

• No, you don't deserve to be slapped or hitted, but you deserve to be left.

• How do I get her back?

• I can't answer this really, now it depends on her and what person she is. I doubt you can do something to turn things more to your favor.

• you did deserve it however it is wrong to hit anyone tell her that if she hits you again you will report her

• No its not okay. It must of really hurt though. Strong meaty hands.

• I seen this question ages ago. Its a fake question.

• Yeah, yeah you did. In my opinion. Cheating (by either gender) deserves a punch to the face.

• Why? It is too harsh!

• Yes u deservenot only one but two... where were ur world when u were kissing that girl... u cheated her n she could not able to take this... u guys deserves not only slaps but punches n kicks too...

• Is that not too violent?

• No its not.. not violent more than they hurt a innocent girl's heart... these kind of guys understands this language only

• Yes, you deserved to be slapped.

• Was she too harsh?

• You hurt her feelings.
      So are you saying if you hurt your partner, it's okay but your partner hurts you because of what you did, it's not okay? If my boyfriend does that to me, I'll slap him and leave his cheating ass.

• wow i just love how you put it... nice try
    and calling it "Assault" too like wow lmao

yes you deserved to be slapped... and she should have left you for good too

What Guys Said 23

• Obviously not.
    & it's funny. If this would be a post from a female, there would be "leave that piece of shit!" "You deserve better girl! F@:k that asshole!" "Call the cops on that dick!"

Double standards up the wazoo. Either way, if she tries it again, tell her you let the first one slide. Next one won't be tolerated. That's equality, no?

Anyways, if you're going to want to kiss another woman, have the decency to leave your girl. No point to cause mistrust.

• I can bet all my money that if this was asked by a girl who was slapped by her boyfriend, NO female would be writing stuff like "you deserved it". How come violence against men is ok?
    I mean, sure, what OP did was plain moronic and the excuses sound lame, but is that a reason to assault him? Really? So if, say, my future girlfriend kissed a guy, I would be perfectly excused to slap her?

• I'm pretty sure I've seen this question before...

But I think slapping doesn't solve the problem at hand, so I think it's honestly a silly thing to do.

I also don't think "she means the world to you" if you can just waltz around making out with other people.

• Don't accept being physically assaulted. She's a grown ass woman and should be able to handle herself no matter how upset she gets. Sounds like you're not into her as much as you think, perhaps you really want to get away from her, hence why you kissed that girl.

• In my opinion its fair, you did wrong. She punished you in a way. Now its time to sort things out and make up for your mistake.

• Nobody deserves to be slapped. If she believes that I think you should save face and leave her. You did wrong her but she wronged you and if you don't set a tone now, there is potential for her to get worse on this regard. Also I don't know how your relationship is but is she worth it? Just do some self reflection. That's your desicion.

• Call the cops that's domestic violence. It's a crime and when we ignore it we're telling people that it's okay, it's not a big deal. It is a big deal, and it isn't okay.

• all the girls saying that you deserved to be slapped.

But if the girls cheats on me, and she admit it. can i slap her as well?

I don't understand why girls think its ok to "slap" a guy for cheating.

If you slap, be ready to get slapped back.

No, i don't hit women, i would never hit a woman, im making a point here... there's no excuse for a girl to slap a boy, "due to punishment" ? give me a fucking break

• She's not mad cause you cheated, she's mad she wasn't invited.
    Next time don't forget about her.

• Press charges.

• You deserved it but your girlfriend needs to learn that hitting another person, guy or girl, and not expect consequences isn't how the world works. You might be a good guy and not hit back but what if she slaps some other dude for whatever reason and he pops her with a short hook in response? That's a lesson she doesn't wanna learn the hard way

• I think both girlfriend and boyfriend should never hit each other : /

• Definitely. Dude it's not even a big deal to be honest. She was pissed at you so it's normal for her to act out. Just get passed it, you're overreacting

• Im just here to say that slap was justified.

• You did deserved to be slapped

• Of course you deserve to be slapped.

• Does she still hit you or was that a one time thing?

• well i guess you did do something wrong, but i dont know if you deserved a slap for it. have you talked to her about her supposedly violent tendencies?

• try to calm her down by kissing her

• Woman: I cheated and my boyfriend slapped me.

Gag women: OMG what a loser he had no right to do that what a coward leave his sorry ass violence is not okay no matter what man or woman!

...

Man: I cheated and my girlfriend slapped me.

Gag women: yeah you deserved it, she needs to leave your sorry ass, stop whining, cheaters of either gender deserve a punch to the face.

...

And you all wonder why men are anti-feminist and think you're full of shit.

• You're lucky she didn't kick you in the balls.

Hitting is never ok, but it's not as if you're in an abusive relationship. She hit you because she was upset with you being unfaithful. I will say this - it doesn't seem healthy for either of you. She was willing to hit you, and you willing to cheat. Consider what the means in the long term.

• Just to be clear I'm not defending her. She was 100% wrong to strike you.

• Should she have hit you? No. However, I can't blame some one for doing that now that situation whether they be a guy or girl.

• Lol wow this place is lime opposite if real world

• Normally, I'd say that physical violence is completely uncalled for, but filthy cheating scum like you deserve it.