Does anyone else think interracial dating is gross?

I'm a white girl and I get hit on by black guys all the time. A black guy asked me out recently and I told him I don't date interracially, he got offended and started calling me a racist. I just think interracial dating is gross, no offense to anyone out there who is in an interracial relationship. I just can never see myself doing it because I'm only attracted to white guys. what do you think of interracial dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think interracial dating is fine, and dating within your own race is fine too. You should only date people you're attracted to, and if that means you draw lines between races simply because you don't feel any attraction to them, that's okay. Date whomever YOU like within YOUR own parameters and not what your friends say you should try. Being only attracted to white guys does not make you racist.

That being said, I do think your thinking (or maybe phrasing) is somewhat flawed: just because you don't want to date interracially doesn't make other peoples' interracial relationships "gross." If anything, I think it's great that people can and will cross that divide to get to know more about their partner's different cultural background.

• Thank you this is a great answer.

Interracial dating is abnormal and wrong. there's a reason why we stick to our own sub-group and that is because all races are tribal and for a race to survive we need to breed with our own.

• 6d

Its a personal taste and you dont need to feel bad about it. What the hell you suppose to do, have sex with black men to not be racist? Typical loser that does not respect a person decision and act like a victim. Its disgusting how people use the word racist to get away with anything now a days. Example saying racist to cops that ask to remove the hijab for ID purpose. Its not, religion is not a free pass to break the law when a cop ask you ID yourself , same as he ask a biker remove his helmet. Or the right ask not have a nurse that is wearing a hijab to meant your wounds. Which should be a right since if she went in a contaminated room , she is transferring it to other patients. They legally not allowed to wear them as its cross contamination. Should not allow burka in women washroom cause it can be a man. Many cheating with bluetooth etc under their hijab during exams. How you know same person taking exam under burka? Racist is now word , people use get away with breaking law.

What Guys Said 22

• So many things I've heard today have made me want to crawl into a hole and die and this question and some of its answers are no exception. I guess I just don't understand it.. I've never really differentiated beauty by race so when I see people not just doing that but actively condemning those who think differently it just makes me want to jump out my window head first (I'm on the second floor).

Every time I'm feeling particularly good about human acceptance and respect somebody has to tear it down again.. Ah humanity.. We're a special breed of animal aren't we?

• you like what you like. However taking it as far as you did, now you sound like a racist. Which maybe you are.

Personally you can't choose who you fall for. Then again love is blind and color doesn't matter.

Im not saying you should date people of other races, but dont judge because you dont like it.

Ill bet you will even say something like: I have friends of all races and colors. Ill give you a dollar if you tell them what you said here.

• Definitely agree with what you said here.

• Lol "you sound racist".. who cares is she sounds racist? She's stating her OPINION. So now we can't state our opinions in fear of "sounding racist".. So ignorant

• I think your allowed to make your own decision
    but why hurt the black guys feelings? You know
    that guy has a heart just like me and you
    shame on you for doing this, God made us all
    equal in his own eyes, God didn't tell me not
    to sit by the black woman cause she is black
    you know this is all wrong, I support you don't
    date interracial but why hurt some black guys
    feelings , why not plain come out and say sorry
    I'm dating a guy or make some other excuse up
    there are ways to go about without hurting people
    i can't say i would never date interracial cause
    i would be lying to myself , we all Gods children

• She was just being candid. What's wrong with that?

• Really? The black guy hurt her feelings by accusing her of being racist!

• 6d

Are you seriously shaming a girl for being honest? You actually feel bad for a guy that is not man enough to respect her decision? are you for real? Why dont you just ask her to give him a pity fuck while your at it...

• I don't think its gross at all, pretty much every girl I've dated has belonged to a different race and culture. Sharing and learning about each other's differences makes for a hell of a conversation topic. At the end of the day an interracial couple is just two human beings who are both satisfying the human need to be loved with one another.

As for only being attracted to white guys, well... we can't help who we find attractive. But I would never go as far as to turn down someone just because of their race, and I certainly wouldn't tell them that's the reason either. I can completely understand why he got offended.

I'm just curious, what specifically makes you think interracial dating is gross? I'm not trying to change your mind about anything, but I would like to know why some people have this point of view.

• interracial dating just doesn't feel natural to me, like my friends have done it before and they wonder why I haven't and try to force me to try it but I just can't. I live in a diverse area too and I see interracial relationships and they're just weird to me. Ever since I was a child I imagined dating and marrying a white guy and I guess that image stuck with me as an adult, so of course seeing any other relationship would be "gross" or different to me.

• I am all for it.
    <3 Asian wimmenz

• Does anyone else think interracial dating is gross?
    -From what you are saying, I would say yes.

It's funny... Umm... if it's racist for you not to date black guys, then why isn't it racist for him to not date black girls? He maybe black, but that doesn't matter. The fact that he doesn't want to date a girl of his own race makes him the racist, not you.

-I find it more annoying than gross. As white guy, I'm soo un-attracted to black girls I can't even put it into words.

• So much ignorance in this post.
      How do you know the black guy doesn't date within his own race as well?

• @louistc language language tsk tsk tsk, lol. It's funny how people can be so extremely one sided and then vulgar as can be. I actually thought about this about this 17 years ago when I was in high school. It's like Democrats being evil... right? The thing is if I take anything they say and turn it around, I might not know what they are talking about, but once I turn it around, it just makes since that what they are saying is evil... It's a concept of thinking some people might not understand.

• about this about this, lol

• Care to list the reasons why you won't date black guys? Perhaps that may shed some light on the whole "you're a racist" remark.

• I'm just not attracted to black guys. You can take the sweetest, richest, most gorgeous black guy and have him date me, I would probably have the best time of my life. But at the end of the day the attraction is not going to be there. we can't help who we're attracted to.

• So you won't list specifics. Got it.

• Blacks and whites having sex is gross. I don't wanna see it and I don't blame this girl at all -_-

• I get tired of arguing about it really :/.

• No. Although, I'm ashamed to admit I had an Asian fetish when I was in High School, but then I realized how narrow-minded I was being; not only to other races, but to the Asian women I desired. Not that preferences are inherently wrong, but I was basically sexually objectifying Asian women in my mind. The only thing that matters now to me is the person. Looks are somewhat important, but a good looking girl is a good looking girl, regardless of race. So I never discriminated in the sense that I excluded myself from dating other women, but I definitely preferred Asians at one point.

I don't think what you're saying is necessarily racist unless you think you are superior to another human being simply by virtue of being born white; which is what racism implies. I think your line of thought is definitely prejudiced, though.

• Attraction is not a choice. You can't help what you like.

Not wanting to date Black guys doesn't make you a racist at all. Everyone has there preferences.

However referring to interracial dating as "Gross" Instead of just "Not my thing".

I could see why people would find that offensive.

• Depends on the race. I would have sex with pretty much any race but I would really only date white girls, Asian girls, and some Latinas.

• I fuk those rules. I date who I want when I want

• Cuz of medias, we all learn to luv whites :/

• This dumb black guy tried to play the race card when you weren't attracted to him? That's truly pathetic how they try to take advantage of girls by playing on serious matters like racism. If I met him I would knock his teeth in.

• To each there own, so long as you don't impede on others, but I'm not the same way.

• This question is coming across as slightly racist from the poor wording.

• No way. White teens are joooooooooooocy.

• black and white sex looks like inter-species sex

• I`ll be honest... Black guys with white girls always looks slutty we all think it.. few are brave enough to mention it.

• Everyone isn't like you stop saying "we all" say instead of that "I think" idiot

• This is the easiest topic to answer. White women that would ever consider sex with a black are white trash skanks and will never live down the shame and embarrassment of that reputation. Most white people will never relate to being attracted to charcoal black genitals. Take a look around at the class of women you see with black men.. all of them are disgusting losers who never get attention from any other men. Once you sink that low, no descent white man will ever consider touch you again.. you girls keep finding new ways to degrade yourselfs and humiliate your families. The next thing white trash skanks will be into will be sex with dogs, goats, etc. What a life:)

• If you don't like the idea of dating outside of your race, then that's your prerogative, that's your preference. You're not a racist for not wanting to date outside of your race.

What do I think of Interracial dating? I don't really think much of it, I like women of all races and will happily date outside of my race.

• Nope there's nothing wrong with it. As for being racist, I think that that those with racial preferences when it comes to dating people with those preferences might not be a hardcore bigot like a skinhead, but I think that they do hold some animosity towards groups that they say they wouldn't date.

• "As for being racist, I think that that those with racial preferences when it comes to dating people with those preferences might not be a hardcore bigot like a skinhead, but I think that they do hold some animosity towards groups that they say they wouldn't date."

So... I'm Asian and I've never dated another Asian, does that mean I have animosity towards my own people and neighbors?

I don't think your statement follows. I'm proud of my heritage and I have a very diverse group of friends (most of whom are Asian nationality), but I've never felt attracted to another Asian guy. It's not because I harbor any ill will towards them, it's just that there was no combo of physical and emotional attraction.

• Well it may be something about your self that you don't value.

• Hey, I don't really know why that's my case, but I can assure you it's not because I don't value myself.

What Girls Said 23

• No, I do not think interracial dating is 'Gross' by any means. If you aren't attracted to other races, that's fine, that's personal preference and you shouldn't date someone you aren't attracted to; HOWEVER it's kind of ignorant to think it's 'gross'. That's like saying you're above other races because you're white and to date someone from another race is dating down, which is a completely skewed close minded way of thinking. I'm not in an interracial relationship but I think I can go ahead and assume that just by you saying you mean no offense to those who are in one, means that is an offensive statement to make. As for the guy who asked you out, that wasn't a very eloquent way to word it for you not wanting to date him, that's hurtful. He has a heart and feelings and to say strictly that you won't date him because of the color of his skin is going to leave him feeling pretty crappy afterwards. You should be more open-minded and kind when turning others down. I also hope interracial friendships aren't out of the question for you too, because by the wording of this question you sound pretty racist all around, not just "not attracted to other races".

• I don't see how saying to him "I don't date interracially" was hurtful in any way. Go on dating sites many people put up the same description on their profiles so it's not just me. And yes I do have interracial friendships, Mexican and Asian friends. I'm not racist, it's just when it comes to dating and relationships I don' find other races attractive, only my own.

• Just because others do it doesn't make it right. Saying you just aren't interested in him in that way would've been a better way to word things. and if you aren't racist than why do you think its gross for others to date inter-racially? that's clearly not a personal preference because others relationships don't personally effect you.

• If I find out a girl once touched a black guy I would leave them on the spot. It shows me you have no care or concern for your own race and that's a real problem. No decent girl dates blacks. Period.

• No. I am currently in an interracial relationship. Being in a relationship with another human being is not gross. Then again, I don't give a shit about race. I don't want to limit myself to just one race of men. There are a lot of great guys out there of ALL races. You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree.

• This is the best answer so far. Thank you :)

• Well I'm sorry it's that difficult for you.

• I never said unicorns were hard to find.

• No you're not racist. My boyfriend thinks white women are disgusting! and i see why they are totally unattractive, YUCK. He prefers to stay to his own kind, he's totally not racist tho, he has white girls as friends and so do i.

UMMMM feel any type of what when i wrote that? You should have.

I agree with the comment that said your wording makes you racist. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you come across as very narrow-minded. When you get older and have children, you will pass this on to them and that is very scary. For example, I'm a tall woman, I think if i were to date a short guy that would bother me because of the hight difference. If I don't think people who are with people shorter or taller than them are digesting or gross. That would be absurd! And that is exactly how you sound when you say interracial dating is "gross."

Your response to another commentator is that "interracial dating just doesn't feel natural. . ." How can two human beings who like/love each other not feel natural? You know what is un-natural? -Beastiality.

Also, Let's be clear, NO ONE is 100 percent anything. Yes, you are white, but you may have a black relative somewhere down in your family line. So your very make up might be the "gross" byproducts of the type of relationships you think is disgusting. SO in that case, who would want to date YOU because your "GROSS"?

• When you phrase it like that - specifically citing his race as the reason you rejected him...that sounds incredibly racist.

If you only like white guys, then date only white guys but for the sake of society never cite someone's race as the reason you don't date them. >.<

• I didn't say "I won't date you because you're black" or something like that. I specifically said to him "I don't date interracially". That's just my preference.

• Which, in other words, translates to "I won't date you because you're black." Black people can read between the lines just like white people lol

• "Black people can read between the lines just like white people lol "

Not in her mind we can't.

• I think it takes a certain kind of person to be able to handle the cultural differences (as well as physical, in your case) and to actually find them interesting and a part of what makes them attractive. I'm a product of an interracial marriage and I can proudly say that I love both sides of my racial mix.

So no, I don't find it gross, and I do find it weird that anyone can see interracial dating as gross, but I can understand where you're coming from when it comes to what you're attracted to. But if it's really just that, you're "only attracted to white guys", then saying that it's gross is probably not the best way to phrase it.

• Thinking it's gross in general does make you a racist. You don't have to be attracted to all races. Preferences are a thing. But to say all interracial relationships are gross makes you GROSS.

• I don't pay attention to skin color really, if he has good features i'm all for it. I've dated two black guys and two white guys so my indifference is pretty clear. Also, I've got this weird thing for Asian guys... I literally cannot justify my preference for them, but I think they're insanely pleasant to look at.

• I do not think interracial dating is gross. That's like saying people who are more than 1 race are gross also. And why only use black guys as an example? There is more than just black & white in this world. You should do you, and not be so grossed out on other races dating.. you aren't the one in the relationship nor is It your business.

• But of course you are entitled to your opinion, as well we all are also :)

• wtf is that? how can people be still narrow minded like that?

• Any race is a human and should be treated the same. If I did fall in love with a dark skinned guy, so be it. If I did fall in love with an Asian guy, so be it! They are guys after all and races have their own personal attractive quality.

I do not have a problem with interracial dating or marrying. I really do not see why people should even give it a name. It's two humans in love, that's it.

• I'm in an interracial relationship and don't think anything of it.

I can't imagine why you think looking beyond something as silly as skin colour is "gross".

• Hey it would be pretty cramped but I'm always willing to share ;)

• Skin colour ≠ ethnicity. Such an ignorant opinion to think the only difference between a black and a white person is only their skin colour.

• Just because you don't prefer nonwhite men, how does that make interracial dating gross?
    That's harsh. But anyway I don't find it gross at all. Personally I'm rarely attracted to black guys anyway, but if I were to be, I'd date them. I'm white and attracted to whites, Asians, etc.

• No, I disagree with you, but that's your choice

• Interracial dating is not as gross as people who love marrying or having sex with their sisters/brothers or cousins.

• I'm the product of a interracial marriage and I'm totally fine with interracial dating. Even though I could date Hispanic or white guys and still be dating within my own race, I'm usually really attracted to Asian guys, but I've been attracted to guys of many different races.

• In all honesty, you were better off just saying no. Interracial dating is growing each day. I am a Mexican girl dating an Armenian guy. But yet again you like who you like but sometimes comments like saying interracial dating is gross may not have a good response back to you

• "Does anyone thinks this question is bullshit"

"Noo way..its fucking gross like oh em gee" "Its gross like ew ew lol

• I don't care about your opinion leave the bullshit talking outside of world -____- you didn't probably knew its 2014

• call me an idiot again I'll report the abuse , just so we are clear...

• It's not gross to me.

• honestly this offends me a bit because i love a black guy... but i understand that everyone is allowed their point of view the right to express it. (at the moment, the government is trying to change it)

• You love a black guy?

Why? That's so weird

• @louistc It's not that weird, you're just close minded.

• 6d

GVT is trying what? That line should lunatic... is that your excuse to feel good about sleeping with black guys? blame the gvt? lol

• no i dont think it is gross, though majority still date within their own race, it isn't uncommon. to each his own..everybody has their preference

• What exactly is gross about it?

• It just doesn't feel right to me. like in school I get pressured by friends to date interracially but I just can't do it.

• She has preference for white guys. It's not wrong to be attracted to your own race

• It's not wrong to be attracted to your own race, but it's extremely racist to imply that people of other races are gross.

• Yeah I won't do it and I don't really hang out with people who are "into" it.

• I'm all for it.