Women do you get suspicious of a guy with no social media?

• Yes that is strange and very suspicious
  • Nope I don't find it suspicious

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I find it strange that he's not a joiner, but his reasons of why he's not into social media would be the deciding factor.

Some guys are reserved & don't see the point in it.
    Some don't have enough friends/haven't met enough people to even build a friend's list so they don't bother.
    Some had it but deleted it cause of crazy exes
    Some guys just aren't good with computers & the websites lol!

I consider myself a introvert, but my Aquarius nature has created a large social setting for me. I like to know what's going on, even if I'm not going to participate.

It's not like he has to go hardcore & have an account on every website, but at least facebook.

• I had 100 friends on it that I actually talked with and know personally but I just deleted it because 1 gold diggers 2. Petty drama (thirsty losers saying things to her and trying to get it in even if they know she's taken and honestly I don't have time to be setting them straight) 3. Stalkers 4. Annoyances

• If a guy told me this is why he wasn't on social media, I would say he posts too much personal information online.

You would fall under the categories, "Some don't have enough friends/haven't met enough people to even build a friend's list so they don't bother & Some had it but deleted it cause of crazy exes", which would not make me suspicious of you.

I've been on facebook for 10yrs & have almost 2000 friends, people from college, work, business deals, high school etc. So I know how to keep my page private & I don't post a lot of personal stuff, this is also why I've never experienced any drama online. It's all about presentation & why you're on social media in the first place.

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone finds that weird, consider for a moment that you might be dating someone that grew up before Web 2.0, when all of us were told as kids that ANY personal information on the web was hacker-bait, pure and simple.

Also consider that maybe social media isn't all its cracked up to be, that it emotionally stunted a generation of men and women into believing that anonymous people from around the globe actually care about your posts/insights/opinions/shared-interests.

Social media's a mixed bag, y'all.

• Please, PLEASE ! Show me a picture of your last meal ! I really want to see it... lol

What Girls Said 28

• That in and of itself isn't suspicious to me. If he never introduced me to his friends or family (i. e. kept me a secret), then I'd be suspicious. Otherwise, not having a social media presence doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I'd probably be curious about what he *does* do when he goes online, so if we were both open and stuff about it then all is well!

• What makes him suspicious if he never introduced you to his family and friends? What would you think exactly? He's a weirdo? serial killer? lol. I don't have social media and I haven't introduced my girlfriend to any of my friends or family. I have my reasons.

• Because if we've been dating a few months and are getting serious about each other, we should want to share our worlds with each other.

If a guy avoided introducing me to the people he's closest to, I'd feel like he's either ashamed of me or doesn't take the relationship as seriously as I do. (If he's not close with them for whatever reason, he should open up to me about it and let me know). But yeah, I'd ultimately find it weird and off-putting.

• I don't find it suspicious at all. I PREFER it that way. Social media can b a little over the top and super invasive. I Would like it if a guy felt the same way about it as i do...

• Nope I'm currently interested in a guy who hasn't had social media since the MySpace days of middle/early high school. I don't think its weird. He likes that people can't just google him and find personal information about him. I can't blame him.

• No, in fact I'd prefer a guy with no social media. Guys with social media tend to be overwhelmingly narcissistic and obsessed with their image. It's highly unattractive.

• Yes! And often people with social media get trapped in the drama.

• @lamathinker YESSS it makes me feel like I'm back in high school all over again

• No, but I think each situation is different.

One has to judge character based on his actions, how he carries himself, how he conducts himself in public, etc. Having no social media could just be a hint to your suspicions abour what sort of person he is.

No social media accounts on its own is not a bad sign, but a combination of all kinds of shady behaviour PLUS no social media should raise an eyebrow.

• I wouldn't mind at all. I'd actually probably prefer if someone didn't. Facebook is pretty terrible and I wish I had never made one.

• I don't get suspicious, but I just find it odd. It's less odd if it's a guy I know in person, but like... a guy I meet through maybe a dating website or an app like tinder... yeah weird.

I've made it a rule that any guy who wants to try to get into my pants has to send me a message on kik, where I then demand a verification in the form of a selfie through the camera on the app. Not just a photo pulled from their gallery.

• Not really suspicious unless he gives reason to. Like if he's hiding something, say a wife & kids or something then yeah but only if he acts weird would I ever think that. However I do & encourage everyone, male or female, to do background checks on people you date. So no its not suspicious but always keep your eyes open.

• like why don't you have a social media are you some freak?

• Nope. I use social media out of boredom, I don't really care if someone else has it. I've never understood why some people act like it's a bad thing if someone doesn't have it. Some people just have lives outside their computer. It's that simple.

• no. especially since i dont. id find it refreshing.

• Yeah I do find it odd. Its even more odd when they don't have a cellphone.

• I know, right? Like, join the 21st century, grandpa!

• @CuriousBoutStuffy yeah, can't relate.

• What do you exactly mean by "can't relate".

• How am I going to find out about your life when I'm not with you if you have no social media?

• You can ask him, for instance :D :D

• Not talking to you to begin with. Just getting valuable insight.

• You're annoying my customers

• Nah, social media doesn't exactly define who the person is, just cause he doesn't have it doesn't mean there's anything bad about it, some people just dont like having it so it's all g :)

• He's normal!

• I prefer a guy not to have any social media, I've given up on all of them I think they're a breeding ground for ruining relationships. Not worth the drama.

• Not really suspicious, just frustrating :P

• No. I don't have any either.

• nope, don't care

• to me it seems weird as at our age people at least has ONE social media... xD

• Not at all. Some people don't like social media and/or don't really have time for it.

• I dont use a lot of social media like snapchat and insta so I dont give

• no its good when a guy doesn't care about social media. its a popularity contest anyways

• Yes I do because the first thing that pops into my mind is, is he lying? because I am like it is 2015 everybody has at least one social media site that they like or go on every once in a while or something and it's not like I'm a cyber stocker or something , like I really wouldn't care but I would rather you say yes I have a social media , at least one but I don't use it but not have a social media is NOT a deal breaker 😊

• Not at all, since some people don't have it because of their jobs.

• Yes, If he would not have any social media, at least Skype and instagram if I get to choose.

• No, I don't. I don't really have social media, either. I just use Pinterest for cooking ideas and G@G.

• Not really maybe that's not his thing, my brother doesn't like any social media and he has a girlfriend she finds it nice.

What Guys Said 15

• I'm a leader, not a follower. I don't need social media, I don't need to post 100s of selfies per day, I don't need people liking or commenting on my stuff, I don't care what other people are doing... I just don't see the point in the "fakeness" that is accompanied my social media. I deleted all my account 4 years ago, and I am happier. Besides... if any of your friend's really care about you, they will remember your birthday without social media alerting them and they will call/text you without having to communicate with social media.

• I have facebook and twitter, neither of them I use because I have nothing of importance to share and let's be real, no one actually gives a shit. If a woman wants to know what's going on in my life and what my thoughts are on things then she can ask me directly instead of stalking me on social media.

• Well fuck I mean I only have like 2 sites 3 if ya count Youtube. I don't like for sites to being like my online/life portfolio. I prefer to keep my info in my head and just telling others about me

• 0|0
    • It's not a question about if women want a guy to have a social media because I could care less about what they want It's a question if women find it suspicious if I dont have one

• Some people mistake social media for social life.

• I wonder if girls who somehow know my name and are interested in me ever look for me on instagram or twitter

little would they know I'm not on there

• This is interesting to me, as I don't do facebook, twitter, instagram etc. I always wonder if people think I'm lying when I tell them this, or if I'm some sort caveman for not getting into that kind of stuff.

• guys dont give a fuck about social media, well at least i dont. dont have time for that shit

• Lol and I steer clear of those girls:) fucking drama queens.

• All I have is Facebook and I rarely use it.

• This is golden :D

• I'm not using social media anymore, it's a joke.

I'm glad to see some women dont' care.

• Can girls care to explain why is it suspicious? I cba to deal with social media. Facebook at the most is what I would, just to keep in contact with friends. All that other bullshit instagram or whatever, waste of energy. I don't need people constantly validating my existence to feel good about myself.

• Oyyy dude don't create suspicions in my mind about women's suspicions on no social media -_-

• it means u are a loser with no friends