Do girls like quick responses to texts?

I know many girls are gonna be like YASSSSSS
but do you really like those kind of responses? i always hear people are worried about sounding annoying, or perhaps desperate if they reply to quickly

• Stop being a jerk and respond ASAP
  • Stop being a desperate bastard, text me when you feel like it
  • dude you are wayyyy to worried about this texting stuff

Most Helpful Girl

• Text whenever you're free to do so. This is what I do anyways. If I'm busy I don't click into the message so the notifications will still be there and I'd get back asap.

But of course, if he initiated the conversation by asking me some questions and I replied and he don't reply until days later (and he had time to update social medias) then he might as well don't reply at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• We shouldn't have to worry about it, and we're not obligated to. But yeah, unfortunately some girls think that texting too soon is "desperate".

Of course, if they already have a crush on you, they'll love that you text them right back.

What Girls Said 30

• I just don't understand the point. Why refrain from texting when you see the message? It's like someone walking up to you, asking you a question, and you stand there silently for 5 minutes... then say "oh sorry I didn't want to come off as desperate and needy". What's the point? Just message back when you see it, whether that's a second or a week after you received it.

• If you've started a conversation you should be consistent and keep it going, not disappear because it's pretty rude. If you need to go then say, "Hey I need to go. Nice talking to you, i'll ttys!" or something like that to end so the person knows. But sometimes responding after 5 min then an hour then another text like 30 minutes later is annoying and I would think you're not that serious about continuing the conversation. I understand that in the beginning it should be casual but that means not getting too personal just yet, not thinking that you can take forever to answer a text. You don't need to respond like the very next second but hey if you do then I know you're interested. That's the only way to show continued interest through text, in my opinion. Otherwise you should just meet and talk in person :)

• A cross between text when you feel like it and you are way too worried.

If you are available to text, do it.

The texting that is desperate is the back to back texting. Never text more than twice without a reply. For me, it is once but I understand some folks are just more impatient.

• Yea, if we're both not busy, I would like a quick text.

However, I would understand if he was busy. And I would hope he would understand that I was busy.

I only get tired of texts when I'm busy, have told someone so, and they are texting me expecting replies and/or asking me why I'm not responding faster.

• Speaking for myself then yes. I am such a complete anxious mess and need quick responses or else i go around worrying, worrying or worrying.

But well most girls who are not as extreme as me would probably not be bothered about it. Just use your time and respond when you feel like :)

• You've asked about texting before. ;P You definitely worry too much, Rico Suave.

Text when you can and when you want to. If you are having a serious discussion and can't respond right away, let the person know. Otherwise, you should be fine. Others should know that you're busy and can't always respond right away.

• Respond when you see it and have time to respond. Simple as that.

• I really really hate sending a text and then not getting a reply until two days later. If you respond to me within a few hours (or at least that DAY) then I'm fine.

• Thanks 😊😊😊😊
      I like it when I don't have to stress about responding immiedietly

• Oh, I would prefer a response immediately, but I won't be angry if you get back to me within the day.

• Got you! If you ever decide to message me 😉
      I will know to respond immiedietly now 😝 Jk haha

• I don't need an immediate response, but if you wait until the next day or like 10 hours from when I last sent something... I'm gonna be annoyed.

Even further so if we had previously been holding a consistent conversation and you just drop off

• I'm not a fan when the response is like 5 seconds after I've sent my text because I tend to actually put my phone down, but I don't like it when the reply comes like an hour after I've sent it either. Respond when you want, just not like 7 days later or 7 seconds after.

• I have lots of shit to do so I rarely reply quickly, so I don't care if they respond the next day lol

• obviously quick responses are nice, but I'm not going to worry if it takes like 3 hours to respond, you do have a life besides me.

• Hi 😄 Long time no see 😍 I hope you and your boyfriend are doing well! And I hope your soon is doing awesome as well 😄

Good point, I will just text when I can 😄

• Wow awesome!!! Happy birthday to your son as well 😄😄😄😄

• If she texts you, respond. It isn't desperate if she's initiating. The only time you're annoying is when you are literally bombarding her with texts 24/7 regardless of if she's responding.

Seriously, I don't get the obsession with text etiquette. Think of it like talking face to face: are you going to ignore her for an hour if she's right in front of you? No... just answer.

• guy friend, text whenever - convos last longer if there's a bit of time gap (and I wouldn't feel bad if i reply slow)
    relationships, either is fine - just not toooo long

• Do it in your own time, but nobody likes waiting an hour everytime.

(Also saw you commented about a two day thing.. Games are stupid af)

• THANK YOU! lol! i hate games like that... like just text her if you like her! lol :)

• yes and no
    when i first know you, i want the guy to reply fast
    after a while, it's better if i miss him a little so i can figure out how much i like him
    later, reply fast again

• I actually do not like when guy just constantly replies during work hours. It makes me feel he does not respect his work. I don't get anxious with late responses, I respect them.

• Wow that's great!
      Most girls I know get anxious

• I too get anxious but after 2/3 days or no reply. I used to be much more anxious when I was in my teens but now I understand that we all got work to do. So being understanding the key. :)

• *of no reply

• my sorta-kinda-not-really-boyfriend and i always try to respond to each other quickly. generally thats within 20 min, so not sure if that's "prompt" or not.

• I hardly respond when I get texts. I usually leave my cell in my bag or room.

• I say respond when you get it. I know people that purposely wait to send a response because they don't want to come off as needy or desperate. I can understand that but at the same time, why do we even feel like that. We send a text to someone expecting a response right? To a start a conversation right? So why do we label someone as clingy, desperate or needy when they respond right away. That's what they're SUPPOSED to do.

• The quicker the better!

• I do personally unless I say I'm busy.

• Text when you can :)

• its nice haha i don't like waiting an hour for a reply

• same lol!
      but all my friends are always like, text her in like 2 days, after getting the girls number...
      and i am like "WTF! she just gave me her number i should text her in like a few hours or something"

• What about days?

• I don't care if a guy doesn't text me immediately (he might be busy or something), but I will get pissed if he is continuously late when it comes to answering my texts.

• I don't think you are a desperate bastard, but I am a "text me when you can and want" kind of girl. I do like hearing back in a day or two, but it doesn't have to be instant. I understand people are busy or want to do other things, because I sure have things to do. If he really wants to text back quickly, that's fine because that's what he wants. I don't ask for much, and don't force people (guys I'm dating) to do things they don't want to do.

• If it's for casual conversation then no but if we're making plans then yes.

• Yes and no.

Sometimes quick texts (from the guy I like) make me feel like I have to respond back quickly. So I won't GEF my work done. Unless we have a set time for our texting session. ;)

Usually, I like it. ❤

• I respond quick and he responds quick were happy

• Usually I only care if the person I'm texting with reply instantly if I'm texting with them and were having a interesting convo. Aside from that my guy friends and I text each other when we feel like it.

What Guys Said 9

• A good rule of thumb is to wait as long as they do. Text them if they get back you to 2 hours later wait an hour to an hour and a half later. Usually then they'll start responding within a few minutes and you can get a real conversation starting. Then DONT text her the next day unless you've got something planned. i. e. out for drinks etc...
    That's why you try to get their number during the week my favorite is the Sunday morning coffee, lets me know if they're religious and its fairly noncommittal.
    #KimKforpres2016

• I voted C :P You should text when you can and when you feel like it. A conversation shouldn't be forced, it should be something you desire.

• i should have eliminated C lol! thats the answer that makes most sense :)

• haha thanks for the tips bro!

• always happy to try to help :)

• According to all the girls I see complaining about this like: "It's been 2 minutes I sent the text and he didn't answer!!", well, I assume they do, the sooner you answer the better. I can be wrong about it, but at least this is the impression I have.

• Text when u feel like it. Don't feel pressured to text a girl if you are busy or not in the mood.

Plus giving the aura of being busy makes u more attractive to her. Ignore all the females in denial saying to text back immediately all the time. ;-)

• Why bother texting so much, fucking call it man!

• Lol stop playing games!!! Just text if you want or don't if you don't.

• surprise them with a good old fashioned voice call!! Then they will get nervous...

• Lol based on your poll opinions you already know what you need to do:P

• Best option: text "you can just call me if you wanna talk. Not that I don't like texting you I just know my texting habits" this way you can cut out all the texting drama. She knows you wanna talk to her and you don't have to worry about all the timing stuff. plus you want her to date you, the unfiltered off the top of the head you not the perfectly curated texts you're making for her.