Who Has A Harder Time Dating: Single Moms or Single Dads?

Who Has A Harder Time Dating: Single Moms or Single Dads?

We all know single parents, both moms and dads, are discriminated against when it comes to the dating scene. Many of us single people will run into someone, have a connection, and chemistry, but once we hear the word 'kids', we run. But who gets shot down more?

Let's say there's a man and a woman, both are single parents, both have the same level of education, and say one kid each. Which of the two would have a more difficult time finding a quality partner?

• Single Mom
    69% (20)48% (15)58% (35)Vote
  • Single Dad
    3% (1)26% (8)15% (9)Vote
  • They Have An Equally Difficult Time
    28% (8)26% (8)27% (16)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
8|7

Most Helpful Guy

• Single mothers are viewed as damaged goods. Single fathers should be as well.
    I've had women friends who dated single fathers and they experienced many of the same issues that I faced dating single mothers. in my opinion, single parents should only date other single parents. They have common ground and I think understand each other far better than single woman or man dating a single parent. I will beat my meat until Hell freezes over before I'd ever get involved with a single mother again, friends with benefits, perhaps. Fuck buddy, perhaps. Date and get serious and deal with her kids and ex's nooooo !!!

3|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Single moms. Men are generally against raising kids that aren't theirs. Its like a bruise to their ego or something lol.
    Single dads, well, I know a few and women aren't as repulsed by the idea as men are of raising offspring that isn't their own.

I've dated a single dad. And it's not ideal, but only because of babymama drama.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

It's not so much a bruise to our ego, we just don't want to make too
      many compromises. Relationships with single mothers are not an
      even exchange. Plus what man in his right mind wants anything to do
      with kids who aren't his? And deal with a psychotic ex and always be #2 ?
      Men in any age group DON'T have to do this. Why drive a used car when the lot is full of new models. Counselor, your witness.

• Show All
    • 2mo

@Marinepilot don't ever breed

• 1mo

Thanks for mh

What Guys Said 6

• Single mom, hands down. They usually have the kid (s), and that's a tough sell to a lot of guys. It shouldn't be, but it is.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

A single dad means he has the kid. I'm not a single dad if I leave my kid.

• Show All
    • 2mo

I've tried and I can't do it. My girlfriend is 43 years your than me. Never married. No kids. People have said some really shitty stuff to and about us. I don't care. Finally, I'm getting
      a fresh start with a women who hasn't had kids. Makes a difference.

• 2mo

@Marinepilot Ah, so you're essentially in the same situation as me, but a different point in time. I've never dated a woman with kids. My girlfriend doesn't have them. I have 2 from an ex-wife when I was in my 20's who are long grown and gone. It's interesting how our lives and relationships shape us. I'm glad you found happiness though. =^.^=

• Moms for sure. A kid can attract women to a single dad. A kid is more likely to repel men from the mom, unless she's hot enough for them not to care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've dated... Four single moms? I don't personally know of any single dads though, so that gets my vote simply because I think they're more rare.

0|0
    0|0
  • single mom's hands down. single mom worst case has a baby and is not desirable. man worst case same but most men want to have their own child and men are scene as more desirable If they have a child.

0|1
    0|0
  • My guess is... having primary custody matters more than being male or female.

I think probably its easier for single, custodial dads, because there are many more single, custodial mothers they could date easily, without even getting to the 'are single men or single women more okay with instant stepkids'

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm lets see: one has a vagina. Vagina always gets it easier.

As a single dad I know that unless you have plenty of cash your outta luck.
    Common excuses women give:
    Don't want kids.
    Dosen't want a kids' mom around.
    The guy is looking for a replacement mom. (Not true in my case)
    It's not what she imagined.
    Don't want to compete for guys attention.
    On and on and on.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Most guys look at women with kids as baggage they don't want to be bothered with. There are more women who look at single guys with kids as a responsible adult who can handle his shit than there are women who just see baggage.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe both have an equal hard time dating. Seeing the poll results, I'm not so sure. I'm having second thoughts I could be wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single mom because not many guys want baggage, but women are attracted to responsible men (single dads).

0|0
    0|0
  • Single moms.
    Yes I am bias

0|0
    0|0
  • Single moms often get called "sluts" even when it's not true.
    Some guys tend to make assumptions or don't want to worry about the dad or whatever.
    Girls are naturally caring and wouldn't mind taking care of the child of the man they love. If the guy has the kid alone and the ex doesn't take care of him/her, then the girl might think that he is more caring. However single dads could have a hard time and the girls might be afraid of the ex.
    I personally think single moms have a harder time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think single mom because guys are a lot more judgeful than womens

0|0
    0|0
  • Moms. Single dads are more often seen as a hero and single mothers are seen as damaged goods.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Sadly not true. Nobody sees me as a hero. Just a guy with a kid.

• 2mo

@Viperkiss I always see everywhere that single dads are amazing and it's so hard for them so they're a hero for doing what they do.