A girl lead me on, crushed me, and I can't get over it. Help??

Ok, so me and this girl were flirting a lot for about 4 months. I was finally going to ask her out, but on that very same day she started taking about her dream guy that she just met and how he's so perfect. Keep in mind that this happened after she told me she liked me, after we kissed, after she said she wanted to be with me! I was so angry and sad, and I still am. Now I'm scared to start liking another girl because I don't want this to happen again. At the same time I feel like if I do start liking a girl, it will help me forget about the one that crushed me. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, know how you feel, ditto with me too. I hated it, just as much as you. It wasn't right for her to lead you on and then take it back, it just kills everything. As much as I was upset, I didn't want to lose a valuable friend because of my bitterness. I just needed to distance myself from her a bit and let it all come out of you, lick your wounds and then come back into the game. I know it will take some time for this to happen for you, as it should. You don't want this to hinder your possible future opportunities for other relationships, as you are already feeling that. You have to get past all the hurt and think. . . . Are you going to let this one time affect EVERYTHING from now on? You HAVE TO get to this point and be able to handle this right, you don't want to get sour on girls, just because one screwed you doesn't mean that the rest are going to give you the same thing.

I know you're hurting now, I had my fair share too. We are close friends and after she said how she really wanted things, she tried to sort of blow it off, although it wasn't like she intended or meant it to be, but how I took it was " Sorry this is how it is, I hope you understand, still friends right?" Yeah, sure give me a dose of the truth after leading me on, sugar-coating it with sunshine. Her "it's all good" attitude didn't fly with me. I understand how she felt, and I'm fine if we're friends, but there isn't a need to lead me on like that, sending me to cloud nine and then leaving me falling from the sky onto concrete.

All I can say is to try to let it, all the frustration, anger flow out. Talk about it with a close friend or let it out on this site. DON'T KEEP IT INSIDE YOU, only going to make you sour. Try to meet some new ladies and hopefully it will help fade the feelings you had for her. Hope I helped, let me know! =)

What Girls Said 2

• well I just got led on by a guy. should I give up on dating when there are nice genuine guys like you out there? and should you stop dating when there are trustworthy, genuine girls out there like me? you can't let one f***ed up person ruin your love life forever. its a vicious cycle. people hurt us because they're not over someone else who hurt them. but you have to keep on truckin because there are great people out there and when you find love again you'll be so glad you didn't waste your time on this girl.

• You can't hold back from a chance of a relationship because you got hurt, ya its gonna hurt that she did that to you but if she did do that then why bother hurting over her if she basically lied to you and played your feelings going out with someone else culd reali help, but at the same time if you do decide that you want to go for this girl make sure your not holding back from her because your scared its normal to be scared about getting hurt, you would worry about getting hurt if you tried like skateboarding or surfing for the first time right? so letting yourself have feelings for someone else the first time after getting hurt shuld be scary, that's normal, your gonna need to get over her eventually so take the first chance. the longer you linger on it the more its gonna hurt. hope I helped.

What Guys Said 5

• okay it was wrong of her to play you like that but you still gotta rememeber that not all girls are like that. some are like her and see how long she can get a guy to follow her and then she wants to see how he'll end up reacting like if he will go crazy about it and constantly worry and see what he did wrong. so what you should do is just forget about her and go out and like some other girls it shows to her that you didn't really care that she ended up tricking you and you pretty much knew all the time. you can trick her by going of with another girl and maybe if you want show her off to the one that tried to humiliate you so. good luck. but jus go wit another girl and if you want to show her off to the girl who played you and show her that you can do better and that you were jus waiting for her to drop the bomb on u. so good luck man

• This happened to me in almost exactly the same way. How long ago did this happen?

• She said she doesn't like me just about 2 weeks ago.

• Yeah dude I had the same f***ing experience . She was like "omg where were you all my life" and then suddenly one day "i don't feel the same way about you anymore". You are at the right place. I have found that helping other people on this website helped me forget her. Keep yourself busy and help people on here and all those emotional baggage would slowly start to wither away. Benn there done that. I know how it feels.

• she could have been talking about you, kinda weird but that's what I got from your story.

• Yeah bro stop talking to her and you'll get over it. You can't be scared of getting close to someone just because one person was stupid and left you. good luck man

• take risk men