I want to die because I can't get a girlfriend and don't know how to get a girlfriend. How do I get one?

I am 18. I'm close to graduating high school. I've never had a girlfriend and I just want to kill myself. I have no talents. I'm not smart. The only thing I have to my name is maybe that I'm funny to my very small amount of friends (3) and anybody I meet randomly but being funny means nothing and it hasn't gotten me any where. I'm not exciting. All I do is read newspapers and books that have once again, gotten me no where. A girl has never liked me before. I was all ways made fun of in school and only got my friends when I was in 8th grade. I'm chubby. I'm ugly. I'm think every girl in my school is disgusted by me in every way. I'm sure if I approached a girl, I think she would just laugh at how pathetic I looked and probably get everyone around her to laugh at me along with her. I'm shy. I hate myself. The problem is, I think I stopped believing in the lies that I kept telling myself. The lies were lies like: I will meet some hot girl who can maybe stand to be around me one day enough to be my girlfriend. And maybe, people will like me someday. And maybe one day I wouldn't be such a pathetic loser. I amazes me when girls say that they look for a guy who can listen well, can make them laugh, and has a good personality. But I think I'm all that but I can't get a girlfriend somehow. Sometimes I think all girls want is a guy with muscles and is confident and has a big cock. I think I'm doomed to be a pathetic loser for all my life and I guess that's how the world works. I don't plan on killing myself soon but I just want to, for the first time in my life, feel happy. But I can't. I need some help. But I can't find any.

Most Helpful Guy

• I apologize in advance for the cursing.

Bro, what the fcuk? You can't "find" a girlfriend. she isn't lost. You can't make a girl like you. if it works like that its fake. you're only EIGHTEEN! you have YEEAARS left, granted you let go of the idiotic notion that suicide will help, to meet someone.

Girls do want someone who listens and makes them laugh. It just takes some longer to realize it. don't be so impatient. just live your life and be yourself. there are 7 billion people on this earth, well over half of which are female. Just wait, man.

also, you are what you make of yourself. remember that. no one else has the power to decide what you become, who you are. unless you live in China or North Koreo. If you know what your weakness is, work to strengthen it. keep up your strengths. you will only ever be as happy as you make yourself. don't give that power to anyone else.

also, having a girlfriend isn't all its cracked up to be. iv been single since forever and I'm doin just fine. bottom line is, you are your own problem, no one else. fix you before you try to be with someone. if you have a girlfriend, the way you are now, youl likely be heartbroken and actually end up killing yourself because she didn't love you. love yourself first, man. and don't kick your own bucket.

What Girls Said 4

• First off you have to have love which is number one and confidence is number 2. When you love yourself trust me you don't have to have anybody to like or love you. And confidence is you said you are a good listener and is funny with a good personality right so why you're not acting like it. Trust me if a girl does not realize those qualities and she just want to talk about you THEN YOU DON'T NEED HER! OK you just can't get any girls because all girls are not nice and all girls is not honest. SO you need to be careful of who you choose some just want you for your money or anything. And having a girlfriend doesn't make you more than a man than someone who doesn't have 1. You're still young take your time slow down and have fun and graduate. Trust me you will def miss school when you're out and it's so diff when you get out on your own. So try to enjoy school and stop talking about killing yourself just because you don't have a girlfriend that's crazy. If you don't like your image CHANGE IT!. If its your have do something diff to where you will like it. If you think you're fat or whatever start working out go walking or running a few times a week. If there's a park around go there and start eating healthier. Believe me YOU CAN FIX WHATEVER YOU DON'T LIKE! OK so just look at what you don't like and start there your confidence is the key thing OK and loving yourself is number 1. Well hope I helped.

• First things first, lose the self loathing attitude. No one is talentless. Everyone brings something unique to a table. You need to stop worrying about looking for a girlfriend and focusing on being happy with yourself, from all angles. Girls can see from a mile away that you have no confidence. I'm really sad to read this, tbh. I just wanna give you a hug and tell you to keep your head up. You are so young.. the right girl will come along, But you seriously need to work on yourself, stop telling yourself these negative things, and start being positive. It's hard to do but just like you spent time sh*t-talking yourself into believing all that.. You can do the same in a positive way. If you're unhappy about your body.. work on it, if you're unhappy about anything in your life DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... don't sit back and watch this situation snowball.. you deserve better.. especially from yourself!

• First you have to learn to love yourself before you can truly love someone else. I'm 18 and never had a boyfriend, and I'm OK because I am waiting for someone great. Learn to love yourself and the right girl will see that and love you too:)

• You're rather pathetic for thinking a girl is going to make your life any better. How the hell are you going to handle all the insecurities you're dealing with whilst being in a relationship? You need to fix your priorities o.o make yourself happy first, you can't expect to have or be in a relationship when you're not even content with yourself

What Guys Said 4

• Like LookAgain said, you gotta love yourself. It's all anyone really has and the most important person to receive love from. Stop thinking you're worthless because you aren't. Also, stop concentrating on being accepted and loved by others and focus on bettering yourself. As for not having many friends and no girlfriend, it's not all it's cracked up to be, man. It's natural for us to desire companionship, but it's better to be alone than with the wrong people. And don't just settle on anyone to be your girlfriend or friend. That will only bring you down.

• chin up mate, high school is a nightmare for a huge majority of people. I'm not trying to trivialize you struggle either, but realize its just one small period of you life. I know where you are coming from, I've been on the razor's edge. A girlfriend isn't going to fix everything, It takes a lot of hard work, there's no shame in seeking help.

• All I need to say : If you don't like something, then change it.

• And just for the record. I workout, am confident, smart, tall (6' 4), ect... And I don't have a girlfriend and I'm the same age so just chill out you'll be fine

• i'm over 21 and still in the same boat, seriously, why is it that knowing how to approach, talk to girls, being able to get a girlfriend is so damn easy for most guys, it's like an instinct, common-sense for them