He cheated on me.. broke up with me.. then texts me after 8 months?

What the heck is my ex thinking? He cheated on me with a 2nd girlfriend (that's right - not just a one time thing). Dumped me for that girl by no longer replying to me (I mean it - he simply started ignoring me one day and never replied to me ever again and broke off all ties). 8 months later.. I have moved on and left him alone, but he texts me to see how I'm doing. I only answered his question straight forward and did not make conversation out of the way. He got the message -- he then apologized (which means nothing to him, believe me) for what he did and wishes me well? Why bother me in the first place? Obviously he never gave a crap about me back then to treat me like dirt, why bother now?

Most Helpful Girl

• He's could be fishing to see if you're still interested in him. Some jerks out there like to know that they've got people interested in them. In fact it can really boost their ego, a very dangerous thing sometimes.

On the other hand he might actually feel guilty and his attempts to make contact with may just be to see that you are okay - but from your description of him I'd very much doubt it.

Don't go getting revenge though. I tried it with an ex who was using me. It was a waste of time because he never learnt his lesson. Move on from this jerk and never look back. He's kindergarten material - a self-centred brat. Kick his ass to the curb and focus on finding a future that you are more deserving of.

DO NOT BECOME HIS GO BACK TO GIRL!

What Guys Said 1

• Simply put, you are an object to him. A thing. A possession. You know you mean nothing to him. You said so, even if you didn't, it's pretty obvious anyway. So now he's basically chatting you up, hoping you're stupid enough to talk to him some more, and maybe he could rekindle some positive feelings. Why? He wants it all. He wants you too. He doesn't like that he lost. It's pride. It's vanity. It's ego. He wants you back just enough so he can play you some more. Simple as that. He;s thinking you might just be stupid enough to take it. Clearly you're not.

So, my suggestion, tell him off, block him from any and every form of communication you can possibly think of, and maybe if you're feeling at all vindictive, post him up on cheaterville or do something to kick him in the proverbial jewels on one level or another, and just keep him as far out of your life as possible. If he still gets through, accuse him of stalking and tell him you'll call the cops.

Anyway, what's he thinking? Basically, that he can get some more fun out of you. Simple as that. Yeah, he's scum. Fuck this guy.

• I agree with him he wants to play with you maybe sex don't take him back is only going to be bad new for you.

• lol that's true enough, but it sure is nice when you do find someone who appreciates you. May I add you as a friend? You seem to be a decent person to talk to lol apart from some of the crazy ones on this site. What's your user name?

What Girls Said 6

• he likes the chase and is wondering about you. he wants to know you still like him SO I love your responce. it was cold and showed no sign of being happy about the text.

• Add me as a friend and private message me! Almost exact same situation! It's been 7 months and they just broke up and he's unblocked me on Facebook and accidently liked then unliked my pics so I know he's looking. Not heard anything yet but I know I will soon. We slept together he cheated on her them he cut me off clean off and ignored me he never told me why even though he said he would leave her for me then I never heard anything since and it hurt me so bad...

• He realized he had a mistake

• He either wants to be friends or some booty.

• i think you shouldn't even talk to him, I think you should move on and not contact him

• hes just regretting it he doesn't know what to do or how to control his emotions and impulses.