13 Women Who Rock The Pixie Cut

I feel like myself with short hair… Of course, the only people who like it are gay men and my girlfriends. Straight men across the board are not into this hair!

Michelle Williams confirmed what we already knew, straight men don't like short hair.

I only have one thing to say to men like that. Grow the f*** up, please. Short hair doesn't make a woman look "manly," it extenuates what they already have and makes them look beautiful.

Think about that while you look at these photos AND the next time your girlfriend tells you she's considering getting a pixie cut.

There is also a question on GAG that caught my eye: Do Men Like Pixie Cut Hairstyle on Women?

Twiggy13 Women Who Rock The Pixie Cut

Mia Farrow

Carey Mulligan

Anna Hathaway

Keira Knightley

Natalie Portman

Shailene Woodley

Halle Berry

Jennifer Lawrence

Ginnifer Goodwin

Victoria Beckham

Emma Watson

Michelle Williams

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 35

• this is like saying guys with beer guts can be hot... ok. but no guy alive looks better fat than with abs.

likewise, no girl alive has ever looked better with a pixie cut than long hair.

these are models you posted, just looking cute instead of beautiful. most women, a pixie cut literally just makes them look like oddly cute boys.

• you're free to cut your hair off, by the way. just as we men are free to mentally put you with guys and lesbians when we are looking for an attractive girl to ask out. ;)

• Haha I didn't know what a pixie cut was until now thanks for sharing :P

• Most of them would look better with longer hair, but I agree they look 'good'.

Note their average build.

A pixie cut is a very -masculine- haircut. In order to 'rock it' or really pull it off, the woman pretty much needs to be a waif. She looks so delicately feminine that a masculine haircut just creates a little interesting dissonance. She's at no risk of actually looking like a grown up man.

Same thing holds for long hair on guys. If you're a grizzled rock star it looks a little different then it does on a 16 year old boy who barely needs to shave.

• All look better with long hair

• Its not that straight men in general hate short hair on women, we just DO NOT find it attractive, and infact find it a turnoff.

• I think it's better to remember that different hairstyles work for different people. Some girls with short hair do look like a boy. Rather than ignore that fact, find a style that works for you? I have a lady friend whose hair looks best in a short haircut style. Long hair makes her look like a hippie. But that's her. The next girl it may be different

• HELL YES I LOVE PIXIES

• Some women are beautiful enough that they can still be attractive with short hair, but every one of those women would still be more attractive and feminine with long hair.

• No woman can pull of the pixie cut. Too boyish for me.

• Not a fan for girls with pixie cuts, but then again girls may not like guys with long hair.

• Yeah, I don't like guys with long hair whatsoever.

• this is awesome, I adore girls who try pixie cut... I think a tasteful man will appreciate this stylish pixie look... I did a search whether guys like pixie cuts and guess what there is a poll question on gag about this: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1162918-do-guys-like-pixie-cuts
    funny that guys favor don't cut pixie, but the poll popularity among girls show the intentions :) go girl

• I like the Pixie Cut on girls. Maybe not every girl can rock it, but I think it looks good and highlights a girl's face. And I'm certainly not gay.

• None of them rock pixie cuts, they're boyish. Not attractive. Be same as men having ponytails.

• Most of them don't suit it, only Carey Mulligan and Jennifer Lawrence do

• If you have long nose and awkward face sort of forget about it the Italian way, but if you got an oval face the better.

• You missed Winona Ryder.

http://goo.gl/n3thaB

• Short hair always looks bad on women,
    and now listen, I have one thing to say to women with ugly hair like you: Get fucking over it, we are not obligated to like your hair cut and short hair on women just looks like crap to many of us.

• They don't necesarrily rock it.
    They just get away it because they have a pretty face.

Pretty face can practically rock any style.

• If a woman can pull off the pixie cut she's attractive. If she can't, then it's bad. Really really bad.

Good pixie: Samantha Wright (Weight lifter)
    Bad pixie: Emma Watson. Her skull shape is too long.

• 14. Any woman with kids who's over age 35.

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 27

• i agree!! those chicks rock the pixie cut!!

• Halle Berry and Jennifer Lawrence look awful with those hairstyles... O. o
    In my opinion anyways.

Anne Hathaway looks so much better with a short haircut than she does with long hair, it's astonishing! Her narrow face and long neck were begging for a short hairdo for sooo long... I'm glad she finally did it - even if it was just for a role in a movie.

• such great choices! the other one i HAVE to include is P! nk!

• Out of everybody you listed, I only find that Shailene Woodley and Halle Berry look the best with this hair style. The rest lok very stupid.

• I think some girls look awesome with pixie while others don't. And I think some guys while find it attractive while others won't; and it's okay. I think it's like when guys have long hair. Some totally pull it off, others don't. Some girls go wild for it, others hate it. But it's okay. We all have our preferences.

• Shailene Woodley 😍

• Keira looks gorgeous beyond belief to me. Also, I think guys like the pixie cut fine, because I have one and I've seriously had guys turn their cars around in the street, or stop next to me and ask me for my number, so I think plenty of straight guys find it attractive.

• Oh yes, because men don't have the right to formulate opinions on what is aesthetically pleasing to them and what isn't ◔_◔

I personally love the look of a pixie cut on SOME women (such as Audrey Hepburn and Halle Berry) but MOST women do not look good with it in my opinion, including many of the women you listed. It's completely up to personal opinion and to say a man is immature or whatever for not liking a simple hairstyle is immature in itself.

• I agree. Honestly it looks great on some women while not so much on others. Probably mostly a personal preference. Just kind of like how some people like curly hair and others don't.

• You forgot Pink, she's the queen of short hair.
    cdn.popdust.com/.../Pink.jpg

Not sure if this is still a pixie
    images.boomsbeat.com/.../pink-jpg.jpg

I kind of don't care I just want to post more pictures of this gorgeous woman! :)
    msnbcmedia.msn.com/.../130319-ent-pink-hmed.jpg

• I'm sick and tired of Emma Watson and Jennifer Lawrence.
    Either ways, you forgot to mention Audrey Hepburn
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1cb1db8631.jpg

Audrey Tautou
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b450b99c6f.jpg

Charlize Theron
    www.pro-hairstyle.com/.../charlize-theron.jpg

And Scarlett Johansson
    www.the-chair.com/.../...johansson-oscars-2015.jpg

• I'm all for short hair but I just don't like the pixie cut.

• I think it depends on the woman. Some pixie cuts do look bad on women, but that's like any haircut. I admit I don't think a lot of people pull it off, but I have a friend who recently got one and when she first got it I didn't like it cause it looked so different. Now, I think it looks so good on her and I think she looks better with it and it really suits her. So I think it just depends if you can pull it off.

• Guys like the opposite of what they look like, so they like long hair it looks feminine. I personally don't like short hair, but Halley berry and Anne hattaway look hella good.

• Anne Hath and Halle Berry rocked it hands down.

• I think short hair is adorable and a lot of girls actually look better with it but I'll keep my long hair lol

• I agree. They all look good with pixie cuts.
    I did it once and I liked the result.

• When I was 12, I tried a short cut to look like alice cullen from twilight:P ı was at the beginning of my puberty so I was kinda plump and trying to dress like her:D I was looking like... an ugly fat woman who doesn't know how to dress.
    Anyway, I think it only looks good if you are fit and have a thin face

• I want to try a short cut but then I'll miss my long hair too much

• I had a pixie cut once. Worst mistake ever.

• More from Girls
    7