13 Women Who Rock The Pixie Cut

I feel like myself with short hair… Of course, the only people who like it are gay men and my girlfriends. Straight men across the board are not into this hair!

Michelle Williams confirmed what we already knew, straight men don't like short hair.

I only have one thing to say to men like that. Grow the f*** up, please. Short hair doesn't make a woman look "manly," it extenuates what they already have and makes them look beautiful.

Think about that while you look at these photos AND the next time your girlfriend tells you she's considering getting a pixie cut.

There is also a question on GAG that caught my eye: Do Men Like Pixie Cut Hairstyle on Women?

Twiggy13 Women Who Rock The Pixie Cut

Mia Farrow

Carey Mulligan

Anna Hathaway

Keira Knightley

Natalie Portman

Shailene Woodley

Halle Berry

Jennifer Lawrence

Ginnifer Goodwin

Victoria Beckham

Emma Watson

Michelle Williams

2735

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of them would look better with longer hair, but I agree they look 'good'.

Note their average build.

A pixie cut is a very -masculine- haircut. In order to 'rock it' or really pull it off, the woman pretty much needs to be a waif. She looks so delicately feminine that a masculine haircut just creates a little interesting dissonance. She's at no risk of actually looking like a grown up man.

Same thing holds for long hair on guys. If you're a grizzled rock star it looks a little different then it does on a 16 year old boy who barely needs to shave.

Most Helpful Girl

• Halle Berry and Jennifer Lawrence look awful with those hairstyles... O. o
    In my opinion anyways.

Anne Hathaway looks so much better with a short haircut than she does with long hair, it's astonishing! Her narrow face and long neck were begging for a short hairdo for sooo long... I'm glad she finally did it - even if it was just for a role in a movie.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 34

• It's kind of sad in a way, because this is encouraging fat girls to continue in their delusions. I don't call this the pixie cut, but rather the chubster cut because it's what the fatties always get when they go "get their hair done".

You're either going to look like a lesbian, or a feminist career chick.

If you do get the pixie cut, then just go ahead and start wearing pants suits and be done with it.

It's just sad. I'm sure in their minds somewhere they think, " I'm going to look like Shailen Woodley". But they don't. I know this because I have a female friend who does just that and weighs about 300lbs. She gets the pixie cut and wears pants suits. She thinks she looks like an intellectual and professional. But she ends up looking like a fat girl trying to look like a pseudointellectual, and that is exactly what she achieves. It is sad and pathetic. I'm friends with her because I believe in kindness, not because there is anything appealing about her appearance. It is the definition of anachronism.

• this is like saying guys with beer guts can be hot... ok. but no guy alive looks better fat than with abs.

likewise, no girl alive has ever looked better with a pixie cut than long hair.

these are models you posted, just looking cute instead of beautiful. most women, a pixie cut literally just makes them look like oddly cute boys.

• you're free to cut your hair off, by the way. just as we men are free to mentally put you with guys and lesbians when we are looking for an attractive girl to ask out. ;)

• Jennifer Lawrence lost a die hard fan because of this awful move.

• No woman can pull of the pixie cut. Too boyish for me.

• You missed Winona Ryder.

http://goo.gl/n3thaB

• we need to grow up because we like different things than you? Sounds like YOU need to grow up. One of the first things you learn in life as an adult is "to each his/her own" Your 23 and haven't learned that people have different preferences than you?

• Its not that straight men in general hate short hair on women, we just DO NOT find it attractive, and infact find it a turnoff.

• They don't necesarrily rock it.
    They just get away it because they have a pretty face.

Pretty face can practically rock any style.

• Michelle Williams is gorgeous. She could wear her hair like Cousin It and still look good. It's got nothing to do with her hair. Pixies are something only certain women can make look good. An average looking girl with a pixie isn't doing herself any big favors. It's not going to make you ugly, but it's one less tool in your toolbox to amp things up.

• I like the Pixie Cut on girls. Maybe not every girl can rock it, but I think it looks good and highlights a girl's face. And I'm certainly not gay.

• Not a fan for girls with pixie cuts, but then again girls may not like guys with long hair.

• Yeah, I don't like guys with long hair whatsoever.

• I think it's better to remember that different hairstyles work for different people. Some girls with short hair do look like a boy. Rather than ignore that fact, find a style that works for you? I have a lady friend whose hair looks best in a short haircut style. Long hair makes her look like a hippie. But that's her. The next girl it may be different

• Longer hair looks so much better IMHO. The short hair is okay, but I wouldn't enjoy it long on any woman I'm with.

• "Women are free to like, fuck and date whoever they want. As for guys, well they better grow the f*ck up." *rolleyes*

Not a fan of pixie cuts. I never hear people saying how 'bad' long hair looked on a given woman.

• Short hair always looks bad on women,
    and now listen, I have one thing to say to women with ugly hair like you: Get fucking over it, we are not obligated to like your hair cut and short hair on women just looks like crap to many of us.

• most def Shailene Woodley I loved watching her in tv's secret life of American teenager and also the fault of our stars film.

• If a woman can pull off the pixie cut she's attractive. If she can't, then it's bad. Really really bad.

Good pixie: Samantha Wright (Weight lifter)
    Bad pixie: Emma Watson. Her skull shape is too long.

• No.

Just no.

• HELL YES I LOVE PIXIES

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 26

• i agree!! those chicks rock the pixie cut!!

• Oh yes, because men don't have the right to formulate opinions on what is aesthetically pleasing to them and what isn't ◔_◔

I personally love the look of a pixie cut on SOME women (such as Audrey Hepburn and Halle Berry) but MOST women do not look good with it in my opinion, including many of the women you listed. It's completely up to personal opinion and to say a man is immature or whatever for not liking a simple hairstyle is immature in itself.

• I agree. Honestly it looks great on some women while not so much on others. Probably mostly a personal preference. Just kind of like how some people like curly hair and others don't.

• You forgot Pink, she's the queen of short hair.
    cdn.popdust.com/.../Pink.jpg

Not sure if this is still a pixie
    images.boomsbeat.com/.../pink-jpg.jpg

I kind of don't care I just want to post more pictures of this gorgeous woman! :)
    msnbcmedia.msn.com/.../130319-ent-pink-hmed.jpg

• I wear this kind of hair and confident that I'm pretty enough to carry it off. However, the only people who compliment it are ladies at church, and my gay male friends, like described! I don't have men coming up and telling me I look hot anymore or feel like I'm turning heads while out with friends. Also, my straight male friends tell me they are sad I cut my hair or they wish I'd grow it out because it USED to be so pretty, lol. I'm just being real about my experiences with a pixie cut.

• I only think Carey Mulligan rocks it. The rest just don't look as pretty with pixie cuts :/

• such great choices! the other one i HAVE to include is P! nk!

• When I was 12, I tried a short cut to look like alice cullen from twilight:P ı was at the beginning of my puberty so I was kinda plump and trying to dress like her:D I was looking like... an ugly fat woman who doesn't know how to dress.
    Anyway, I think it only looks good if you are fit and have a thin face

• Carey Mulligan, Natalie Portman and Anne Hathaway look great in it! But this cut doesn't really suit everyone... like... Kaley Cuoco what did you do?

• I had a pixie cut once. Worst mistake ever.

• Yeah but you got to admit that most of them look better in long haif.

• in my opinion they don't all rock the pixie cut. some cuts look really weird.

• I think some girls look awesome with pixie while others don't. And I think some guys while find it attractive while others won't; and it's okay. I think it's like when guys have long hair. Some totally pull it off, others don't. Some girls go wild for it, others hate it. But it's okay. We all have our preferences.

• Keira looks gorgeous beyond belief to me. Also, I think guys like the pixie cut fine, because I have one and I've seriously had guys turn their cars around in the street, or stop next to me and ask me for my number, so I think plenty of straight guys find it attractive.

• I think short hair is adorable and a lot of girls actually look better with it but I'll keep my long hair lol

• I'm all for short hair but I just don't like the pixie cut.

• I agree. They all look good with pixie cuts.
    I did it once and I liked the result.

• Anne Hath and Halle Berry rocked it hands down.

• I want to try a short cut but then I'll miss my long hair too much

• Out of everybody you listed, I only find that Shailene Woodley and Halle Berry look the best with this hair style. The rest lok very stupid.

• More from Girls
    6