Guys would you date a girl who is bigger than you?

I don't necessarily mean she is fat or really tall. But if you are pretty thin yourself, would you be OK with a girl who may be bigger? Normally I find myself more interested in guys bigger than me, but there is a guy who is about my height (which is short) and is skinnier than I am. I'm not overweight, but I am bigger... It kind of makes me a bit insecure I guess, but if this were the case for you would it not bother you?

• I would be interested in someone bigger
  • I would not be interested
  • Other (Explain)
  • Show Results

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen many couples in the situation that you describe; don't worry about it. Try it out and see what happens.

What Guys Said 23

• I have dated a girl who was not exactly overweight or chubby but she was very curvy in every way and that made her look wider than me. It didn't bother me it just depends on you and how far you are wiling to accept the appearance of others and how much you are into this guy.

• Yes, I think I would. It's mostly extremes (like obese/anorexic bodies) I'm not attracted to. Intermediates are find with me.

I hope this is readable (It's late).

• Nope, I would not. I weigh 160 lbs. and won't date a girl that is anywhere near that weight. This is just me though. Seriously though, you have it in you to lose weight, don't think it's something you're forever cursed with. If you're unhappy with your body weight and want to lose a few pounds, make regular gym time and eating healthy a priority in life.

• ...I'm not overweight, the guy I'm interested is just really skinny.

• Thanks for calling me an ass for no reason. I like small, petite girls, that's just me. Did I say girls that are 160 are hideous or something, no. I answered the question as did many other guys who said the same that I did. I have lots of female friends that are tall and or big and I don't hate on them.

• lol 160 is TOO much for a woman...f***ing christ, unless you're an aging woman, 160 pounds is too big.

• I'm currently flirting with this girl who is noticeably wider than me (she's got a body like a black lady Godiva *faints*) as well as an inch or two taller. She likes me and I like her. It is a non issue. I actually even enjoy it- I'm a taller guy (I'm just over 6' she's 6'2") so it's sort of a new and exciting sensation being the smaller one- like she can kinda push me around a bit and pull me in close and sort of envelop me in a hug and there is just something really sexy about it! Some guys find that unattractive- they feel emasculated by it because society tells them it is not normal. BUT, I know that plenty don't care either way or even like it! Rice University did a study that showed men tend to care far less about a partner's height (something like 2 out of 3 men are open to it). Just have a bit of confidence in your body and own yourself. And remember- making out should be a lot easier! Sorry to be so long winded. PEACE

• I wouldn't mind to date someone fatter or taller then me

If she has the looks and isn't qualified as a loud selfish crazy human hating extend the list yourself type of girl I'm fine with dating her

Getting into a relationship would take a few more dates tough

• Well I'm not that skinny but pretty toned and lean but it doesn't really bother me. Your personality and how you make me feel/laugh/smile is more important than how 'chubby' you are.

I love girls with curves or with a bit of meat on them (like Christina Hendricks!) It's all personal preference and it depends on how much looks matter to you.

• Christina Hendricks doesn't have extra 'meat', she just has huge boobs.

• Well...thanks for bringing that up...I ain't complaining! lol :)

• I'm 5'11 and 175-180, so no, I would not date anyone bigger than me. I'm attracted to smaller women, just my preference. The tallest girl I could go out with would probably be 5'9.

I would prefer someone about 5'5 and 110-115. Like I said, it's my preference.

• If we were the exact same height, I would probably not be interested in her, but it's not impossible. If I were slightly taller, I would be more likely to overlook it.

• I've just always liked short girls, anyone above 5' 5" has got to have an amazing personality.

• Any girl heavier than me is obese, so I don't think so. Taller I could deal with.

• i'm not that skinny, so it doesn't really apply, but I wouldn't rule out dating someone for being bigger than me. I wouldn't date someone taller than me though, I don't think. shallow I know, but I like feeling like the protecter, the stronger one.

• I already am. It's really not an issue.

• Ehh if she's bigger than 6'4 200 pounds then no thanks :/

• I weigh 177 and would probably saw no to dating someone bigger than me. I am not really attracted to girls like that and it would make me feel a bit awkward. Plus girls who are bigger are usually tall and I am short at 5'7 so doubt they would go out with a shortie.

• No, it's too awkward.

I prefer girls who are smaller than me.

• I would.

• I am short and slim too and I like chubby/thick girls.

• Well, I'm 5'9" and 120 lbs, so it's not hard to be bigger than me. I picked A.

• As long as our personality meshes so well, of course.

• Dating someone elder than you its really really getting some ways how to be with elder

• Well I'm just under 6'3 and 210 lbs... I actually don't know many girls bigger than me lol

• It depends, she gotta look right lol.

• I'm skinny and I'd hate it TBH. I've had girls who are bigger crush on me and I've had to turn them down...It makes me feel weird standing next to her knowing she probably weighs more than me. Like less of a man. It's dumb but still how I feel.

• No it's not dumb. I mean I like this guy, but I can't help but feel a bit insecure. I'm not fat or anything, but I think I might also feel weird at least at first, but I would hopefully get over it. I totally understand what you mean.

What Girls Said 6

• my ex is 6' foot and weights 131. I am 5'4 and am curvy, not fat, but I weigh 138-140.

I felt the same way as you do, but my ex loved it. I always felt ridiculously fat compared to him as his waist is so small. I don't think it bothers men too much unless they're very petty

• 6ft and 131? My god, someone get this boy a steak! lol

• i know! -______- he eats enormous quantities and he doesn't gain weight at all.

• DeepBlue's comment just made me laugh so hard I spilled coffee on my keyboard... LOL

But I agree with irishgirl21. It is not really about how you see yourself, but about how the guy sees you. You might get 5834905804 answers on here, and everyone will say something different because their preferences are different. Some guys like short girls, some tall, some skinny, some curvy, etc. You will never get just one consistent opinion. So if you like the guy, just go for it! Worth a shot :)

• the men that said no should realize that most models are tall. and the best models are 5'10 and taller.

• I hope so. I am 5'8 and 185 lbs.

• god id hope so, I'm 6'4" lol :P

• Wow, guys are such hypocrites, how many of them on are insecure about being short and bitch on here about how hard it is and how judgmental girls are... But as soon as the tables are turned they judge us twice as harshly.

• I think what the shorter/smaller guys are complaining about is that they WOULD date girls- larger or otherwise but are usually being turned away due to their stature. So obviously they aren't the same guys who are in this topic being all judgmental towards bigger girls. I think they know how it feels to be on the receiving end of such comments. I'm a smidge over 6' but I feel their pain. And the pain of taller/larger girls. I think they are beautiful.

• My boyfriend's sister is married to a man smaller than her. She's not fat, just tall and proportionate. So she's not this freaky tall crazy thin woman. He's really thin...borderline scrawny. Like, I'm not sure if he has an ounce of fat, and not much muscle tone. And he's an inch shorter than she is. But neither of them mind so it's all good :)