Guys move on so quickly?

OK this has happened so many times to myself and my friends and I want to know why...Why do guys who have been in a long term relationship with a girl he loved and then broke up with move on so so fast, like have another girl ready to take her place within a month...and in my own experience (and I am not saying I'm beautiful or an oil painting...) but why do they seem to move on to much less good looking women...I mean my ex and I have only recently broken up after a year and a half...i know we have a good laugh together, and get on well and have amazing sex and the girl he is replacing me with is not at all pretty...would be easier for me to accept if she was but she is really not...and I don't get it...why is this?

Most Helpful Guy

• well now this gal is a godd question...

basically guys are trying to run away from themselves...wat they are actually trying to do is to find someone else so that they can forget their earlier gal...

after break off they become so desperate that dey start looking each gal from a prospective Girlfriend point of view...

there may be two reasons for this behaviour:

1. Either he is missin that emotional and physical support he was gettin from his gal.

and

2. He might just be trying to prove her that he can get many gals and he doesn't require her.

basically many guys suffer from stress during that time and they have a huge "ANTI CRYBABY" barrier ahead of them...they can't even express their feelings...

at the same time thier EGO stops dem from going back to the same gal again...

thus in short guys do all this hanging out and onenight stands after breakoff just to run away from thier own feelings...

• Yeah but I still have a connection to him...I don't understand how he can move on so quick after such an intense, emotional and physical relationship...last thing I would want is to get involved in a long distance relationship with someone I barely know 5 weeks after breaking up with my ex, especially as we're stiill talking and sleeping together.....does he really like his new girl or not??

• Dats the reason all guys give when dey are in no mood for marriage.....he hadnt fallen into the relationship from emotional aspect.....he had entered it only for fun..

many guys make GFs as a stsus symbol or for physical reasons..

if he is such a guy why do you even want to be wid him....try finding someone who understands you and cares for u....

and there are definately many such guys who even want serious relaionships....

u definately deserve someone better so let yourself free for new oppurtunities

• This is a great answer! Guys can't help but think like that and do it.

Tbh technically a rebound. But if they got nothing to run to they dont move onbquickly. Took me 6 months

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 39

• i think it depends if the girl breaks up with him he wants to find something to fill the void if he breaks up with the girl then he may not have been in love as much as you thought he was and he might have feelings for another girl. Personally, I moved on from a relationship pretty fast but recently I have this girl who I love are having some troubles but she means so much to me I'm willing to wait til the end of time for her. So really it may just seem like guys do this often but it really does just depend.

• I think it depends who dumped who, and how much he emotionally depended on you.

if he wasn't that deep with you, then he's just following the basic post-breakup template:

1) Act pathetic and try and get you back.

2) Drink excessively

3) Grind what you find

4) Dump her for no reason

5) Confidence is back and life is good again

Sometimes step 1 is skipped and it's straight to step 2. Depends on how intense the relationship was. Sometime we never get over it.

• Lol I love your answer!

• This man is a genius. Why are you not working on cancer research right now?

I'm not being sarcastic. Or at least, I don't think I am. Up-arrow clicked.

• Cause crazy women hurt us so much we become numb, and have no reason to love. Because all it's going to do is cause heartache cause that's all women are good for is breaking one's heart. There yeah go question answered. Oh and since we aren't allowed to have emotions. We find out at a young age, that we aren't allowed to love either, we are just supposed to move on, or else there is something wrong with us, we are stalkers etc. Look how society treats men that don't move on there's your answer, it's been forced on us enough that we just don't give a d**n anymore!

• You sound so bitter!

• Idk perhaps its crazy women like you. Women don't accept love. Nah not bitter just learned.

• True.

I gave it my all in my first relationship that lasted almost 5 years. Where did it get me?

I learnt from that, so now I just don't really commit anymore. Because there is no point. Women just follow their short term feelings -always- and would leave you for someone they barely know because they feel like it.

• It's mostly a defense mechanism for us to better handle the breakup. Also culturally and biologically because we men don't have the pressure of having a baby so we can simply move on with less stress.

-MaxPrime

• >like have another girl ready to take her place within a month...

I've never done this. Several of my ex-girlfriends have. Those are the ones I don't talk to anymore.

>why do they seem to move on to much less good looking women...

Wow, they did that too! I don't know what causes this behavior, but it's definitely not a guy/girl thing. My ex-gfs did the same rebound crap that your ex-bfs did.

My guess is they're just shallow, scared people so they're always forming a backup plan and leaving as soon as the going gets tough. The less-attractive backup is easier and less intimidating, so he/she makes an excellent rebound. That's just my best guess, so let me know if you can come up with a better explanation!

• I COMPLETELY AGREE!

• This was always my theory when my ex randomly broke up with me. He was sooooo into our relationship. He was the one who pushed it on me, then professed that he was soooo in love with me... would never leave me... blah, blah, blah. I eventually fell for him and the relationship got really deep. Anyway, we dated for a year and as soon he needed to take a risk to advance our relationship, he shut down and just cut me out of his life. He left and I haven't heard from him since (been about 6 months). He now has a new girlfriend (started dating her pretty soon after the break up) that is honestly not his type or at least what he told me his type was. I could never make sense of any of it. I actually spoke with his mom and she told me that her son runs away when things get tough or don't go his way. The only thing that made sense was a very immature person that ran away. I know I'm better off. Who wants a guy like that? Anyway, it still sucked.

More from Guys
34

What Girls Said 19

• They just don't work like we do.

Why do you think "most" women can't seperate sex from emotion and men can?

They process things differently to us.

Women over analise and we are much more emotional,men are more logical (apparently lol) and much more simple.

So...where as a woman will sit around around crying,going through all the old memories and eating a whole load of icecream,a man,although they are still hurting,will try to find a logical solution to feeling like that-new girl=distraction.

It takes his mind off it.

It could be he's chosen a girl who is the oppisite of what you are, maybe so he doesn't get reminded of you.

Of corse I'm not a guy so don't quote me but this is what I make of it.

• Well she is 10 years younger than me, blondish hair (im brunette) wears glasses and is heavier than me, and she's from england and we're from ireland...he said I lived too far away to make it work (I live an hours drive away) and she lives a whole plane ride away!!! I just don't get it!!

• i think it might an ego thing like oh 'i can get another one easily' or like someone else said, he's hurting. well either way, it's kinda hurtful to his ex if he moves on so quickly.

• Because they are not that into you to begin with.

• because they're pricks, who probably didn't give a sh*t in the first place. in other words...just sex.

• Rebound

More from Girls
14