My boyfriend doesn't think he's good enough for me, how do I show him that he's not? That he is special

My boyfriend started telling me randomly tonight that he doesn't know why I'm with him because there is nothing good about him. He said he doesn't see what there is to like about him. I tried and tried to talk to him and to tell him how much I love him and how I feel about him, but no matter what I said he would get mad because he thinks I'm just settling for him and that I could do better. Though he kept saying over and over again how much he loves me and cares for me and I know he does love me and I love him and I know it's normal for people to feel that way about their partners but he seemed so serious about it and it almost sounded like he was going to break up with me about it. He said he wasn't going to, but I'm scared he might in the future. I love him to death and I think we're an absolute perfect match, I couldn't imagine anything better. So what can I do to convince him of how great he is? I've tried telling him and he just thinks I'm lying, but when I look at him I see someone loving, caring, fun, funny. smart, athletic, determined, motivated, confident, talented, handsome, and so much more, but why can't he see that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it could be one of two things.

One he could actually think this, but stick by him. Show him that you're not settling, that you don't want anyone else. Get him random things, text him you love him at random moments. Just remind him. Or write him a letter telling him how you feel. [It worked with me lol]

the second thing, which I hope its not true in your case cause you seem so sweet but he could be telling you something. He might've said he doesn't want to break up with you but he might be hinting that he might've done something, or that he thought about it and feels guilty.

But because he's not being direct I can't be too sure. But just remind him that you love him, and if you write the letter, he'll see that you are head over heels for him. Tell him what you just wrote but in a letter, assure him that you have the best, and that you wouldn't settle for less, he might think he is, but tell him that he's the world's treasure.

Hope everything works out

• Ouch, I was hinking the same thing when you said "but he might be hinting that he might've done something" .I feel really bad saying this but I think he did something with another woman. I'm so sorry to say that, I really am. He loves you very much but keeping the truth from you is killing him. I feel like such a bastard for telling you this but you deserve honest opinions.