• Ask
  • myTake

Why do guys get over protective over some girls?

Most people I know tend to get protective of me anyway, guys or girls but I find it weird that one guy at work is more protective over me than... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• We're protective of those we care about. It could be in a brotherly/sisterly friendly way, or romantic interest way.
    The key is to distinguish the two. Sometimes the lines get blurry.

• Ok. I doubt he likes me in a romantic way. I just can't see it happening. he's too handsome. Haha
      Maybe he sees me as a little sister... makes sense. But lately it seems like he's quieter than usual. His voice cracks and when he talks to me and he won't say much.
      he's not a shy guy. Thats what makes it weird.

• If he's more qquiet than usual, I think he could be thinking of something to say. Cracking voice? You're making him nervous. Not cool, lol jk.

• Yeah. he's normally very loud and outgoing and always making jokes with everyone, even me, and lately, he's been sort of quieter with me. And his voice is quieter and cracks alittle.
      Do you think im doing something thats making him uncomfortable? I dont want to get sued for sexual harrassment. haha i only get close to him to peek over his shoulder when he helps me. And he doesn't step away. Most of us at work get close like that and no one seems weirded out by it.

What Guys Said 3

• There's really no way for us to tell for sure. He may have instinct reaction to you and diverts it by being protective

• i think he likes you, its probably obvious to everyone else and that's why he leaves doors open etc he doesn't want any rumors being started

• Could be. There is a huge difference in the way he treats me and everyone else. I hope no one starts rumors because that will affect me too. But unless he told someone, is there other ways of people knowing?i doubt he'd tell the other guys. I find it so weird that he'd like me though. There are prettier people in that store. And I'm so weird and quiet and weak. And not in shape. He seems like he'd go for pretty and thin girls.

What Girls Said 2

• its kind of obvious - he likes you but doesn't know how to express it and is shy

• Shy? But he seems so confident. And he's my supervisor so he can't just make a move. I just feel weird that someone like him would like me. He's really handsome and seems like he likes thin girls who dress nice. I'm on the heavier and I'm sort of quiet and nerdy and boring. I'm not ugly but I don't feel like I'm his type.

• It's kinda weird since he's not your boyfriend. If it was then it'd be fine my boyfriend is protective of me because I was mugged outside of a supermarket late a night (bad neighborhood too and by myself). So I guess it makes sense.