Why do guys get over protective over some girls?

Most people I know tend to get protective of me anyway, guys or girls but I find it weird that one guy at work is more protective over me than others. Hes a supervisor of the department close to mine. So if my supervisor is not there, he watches over us and vice versa. Im really nice and sweet and soft spoken. People think I'm so adorable and they like me. (I hope theyre not just saying that). Everyone there teases me and sometimes are playfully mean but I don't take it seriously. Sometimes if they are being that way to me and he sees, he'll put a stop to it and he'll shake his head and say, "just leave her." And he'll make them stop. I feel bad though because they werent really being mean and I wasn't getting offended. He doesn't like anyone to mess with me and he is more protective of me than the supervisor for my own department. I find that odd. Hes always telling me that I'm so nice and sweet and awesome. But he says that to a lot of other people so I don't feel special. And sometimes when he talks to me, he won't even look at me. He will look past me. He just learned my name. He was mispronouncing it for the last few months and when he learned it, he kept saying it over and over. He still does. Sometimes he'll just say, "hey _____!" And I'll answer and he just says, "awww!" And that's it. But then I find it weird that he doesn't like to be alone with me in a room. he's just a supervisor, and I'm an employee. I'm not going to rape him. But he makes sure to leave the door open if we are in the stockroom. One time I was in there and he came in and he's like, "oh you're in here..." and I said yes. And I was standing by a cart full of stuff and he said, "ummm... can you pass me that cart next to you? I would get it but then its going to be awkward. You know, when I try to get it past the door and yadda yadda yadda..." he kept rambling on. I just said OK and I passed it to him. I don't see why it would be awkward but OK. Whatever. Another time, I was in the back and I asked a guy if we had something and the guy said no. And that supervisor came in and the guy I was talking to said, "you caught her! she's back here flirting with me," and I turned around and my supervisor stayed quiet for a while and I said ,No! And he just laughed afterward but he didn't seem very pleased.Also, there used to be a guy I worked with who always tried to spend time with me and tease me and the supervisor would always try to put him down when I was there. This supervisor is known to be an asshole. He is a jerk to others and he messes around a lot but he's always really nice to me. Idk. This man is weird. he's not much older than me though. I'm 21 and he's probably 28 at the most. I am guessing he's 25 or 26. why would he be way more protective over me?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• We're protective of those we care about. It could be in a brotherly/sisterly friendly way, or romantic interest way.
    The key is to distinguish the two. Sometimes the lines get blurry.

• Ok. I doubt he likes me in a romantic way. I just can't see it happening. he's too handsome. Haha
      Maybe he sees me as a little sister... makes sense. But lately it seems like he's quieter than usual. His voice cracks and when he talks to me and he won't say much.
      he's not a shy guy. Thats what makes it weird.

• If he's more qquiet than usual, I think he could be thinking of something to say. Cracking voice? You're making him nervous. Not cool, lol jk.

• Yeah. he's normally very loud and outgoing and always making jokes with everyone, even me, and lately, he's been sort of quieter with me. And his voice is quieter and cracks alittle.
      Do you think im doing something thats making him uncomfortable? I dont want to get sued for sexual harrassment. haha i only get close to him to peek over his shoulder when he helps me. And he doesn't step away. Most of us at work get close like that and no one seems weirded out by it.

What Guys Said 2

• There's really no way for us to tell for sure. He may have instinct reaction to you and diverts it by being protective

• i think he likes you, its probably obvious to everyone else and that's why he leaves doors open etc he doesn't want any rumors being started

• Could be. There is a huge difference in the way he treats me and everyone else. I hope no one starts rumors because that will affect me too. But unless he told someone, is there other ways of people knowing?i doubt he'd tell the other guys. I find it so weird that he'd like me though. There are prettier people in that store. And I'm so weird and quiet and weak. And not in shape. He seems like he'd go for pretty and thin girls.

What Girls Said 2

• its kind of obvious - he likes you but doesn't know how to express it and is shy

• Shy? But he seems so confident. And he's my supervisor so he can't just make a move. I just feel weird that someone like him would like me. He's really handsome and seems like he likes thin girls who dress nice. I'm on the heavier and I'm sort of quiet and nerdy and boring. I'm not ugly but I don't feel like I'm his type.

• It's kinda weird since he's not your boyfriend. If it was then it'd be fine my boyfriend is protective of me because I was mugged outside of a supermarket late a night (bad neighborhood too and by myself). So I guess it makes sense.