The Irony of Hating on GAG

The Irony of Hating on GAG

The irony of the Social Age is it has given rise to anti-social antics.

With a mass of keyboard warriors indulging in trolling, stalking and hating on others due to the anonymity the forum allows. It is not as if it is in public, where if they are out of line there are repercussion. The Net allows the joyous Anarchy of being a complete dick and never suffering any circumstance.

The Gag experience provides such a delicious irony.

With the forum all about connections but having the aforementioned antics always being an undercurrent. There is an element of generalising in this for you always bask in a great conversation or new friendship made.

Sadly, the flip side of the coin tends to dominate.

Starting in the attempt to connect, you respond to a question posed or an opinion on an existing thread. The person posting these are rarely hoping to have different view expand their life clarity, rather hoping to have their view upheld and supported. Hoping for upvotes and feeling personal affront if a downvote appears.

IF you do not fit into their narrow viewpoint, a brief debate ensues starting in the neutral of respectful and quickly accelerating into the overdrive of the victim card of 'hating on me' being dealt.

At this point, a flurry of 'ists' are hurled at you.

In a vain attempt to dismiss you while upholding their fragile identity. When you stand firm without ever reacting to their escalating abuse the hysteria gets all the more hysterical. Making you feel as though you are dealing with a two year old that has overdosed on sugar and is having a major hissy fit.

A mail indicator flashes, before you can respond to the last post to you on a thread. You open it and a tor**** of abuse spews. Prompting you to answer in an overly nice patronising manner to highlight their pathetic nature, but they have you blocked.

They strategically unblock on the threads where the debate was, playing out to onlookers 'as to why you will not respond' and the fact you haven't 'pointing to how they have beaten you down, and bitch slapped you.' Bragging liberally to any and all to once more big note themselves, or in reality, prop up their fragile beings.

The exclamation mark is your feeling of gratification in the face of their hating.

gobsmacked3 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 3

• 12d

Amen!
    I love how so many of the hater trolls will generally sound off on I'm 'ignorant', 'rude', and have a tendency to 'always get super aggressive when trying to defend myself' before plunging into a few sentences in which they completely berate me. Calling me a 'selfish, racist cunt who's no better than the typical basic white girl who hates on POC'.

I'm just like... wait. What? I'm white, therefore I'm racist?
    Before I start laughing out of pity for their sad attempt at making a sound argument.

• 11d

I thought you would cop 'feminist'- the usual ingrated response to an empowered woman

i always get- Ageist- LOL

• 11d

haha what? What do you mean about the 'feminist' comment?

• 11d

oh , usually when a woman is confident , she gets the feminist jibe thrown at her

• 11d

Lol, I could care less if they are butt hurt that I no longer want to talk to them. I don't even know them.

• 11d

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

I try my best not to get into such fights. Because it's just waste of time imho. I have seen such fights going on here, especially on threads on controversial topics and it's really pointless. There's a difference between healthy discussion and fighting for just sake of it.
    Still there were instances where people made racist comments to me, even if I was minding my own business. I just ignored them and reported them instead of fighting back.

What Guys Said 7

• 2d

The trolls on this site suck, none are even funny and it's so sad when they try. Usually I just ignore them.

• 2d

That's why I never take anyone who can't either agree or agree to disagree within 3 cycles of the argument. If they continue on with their point, I initiate some light trolling lol

• 9d

Great take 😂😂😂

• 11d

I agree totally - I finding the language of beating someone, smackdowns and making a person submit - It feels like we are entering an era of where we discuss what would happen if Socrates and Stone Cold Steve Austin had a debate on the meaning of democracy in a steel cage match.

• 11d

Oh OP, don't give them attention.

• 12d

Did someone hate on you OP?

People on here are so petty, they will argue with you for a period of time. I'd say around 3-4 lines or so then block and insult you like they made a point; and won the argument.

• 12d

I'm so sorry if this has happened to you. Those types of people on here are so pathetic. I just avoid them and I turned off my notifications in order to not deal with them. I only respond to users who I know I can trust based on their behavior patterns on here.