Girls, How Long Do You Intentionally Wait Before You Text A Guy Back?

Just wondering if girls really intentionally wait to text a guy if they like him?

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• If I'm busy I won't just drop everything to respond to a text...no matter who's it from, but if I'm not doing anything and I can actually reply right away, I will.

If he starts playing some sh*tty mind games I'd just drop the conversation all together, and him with it. I have no patience for those sort of games.

• i think I just fell in love

What Girls Said 64

• Faster better.

• Yes I do wait to text a guy don't want to seem so clingy or needy.

If he takes long to reply to my texts ill do the same.

• it depends how long its taking him to text back, usually after I've read it and all but if he's taking bout 10 minutes il do the same.

• 2 minutes answer mine? link

• i seriously hate waiting to reply. if I don't reply right away, it's because I'm busy. I hate it when my friends are all like you should wait to reply your crush play hard to get I'm all like pfftt f*** that sh*tt I hate that srsly why do that

• Usually I'll wait 5-10 minutes or right away depends on how long he takes to text me back.

• Sometimes we'll make them wait, but then other times we just really want to talk to you so we'll reply immediately. Unless you give us half assed answers like just "okay" or "lol yeah" that always pisses me off cause it makes me have to think of another topic and its really tiring if you do it all of the time.

• I don't intentionally wait, if I don't text right back its cause I don't have my phone on me.

• pretty much as soon as he texts.. I'd even pause a videogame to text him back C:

• hahahah that's cute :p

• chick + video games + instant text = I'm in love where are u...

• If we aren't close I tend to take awhile, if we are then we text instantly or whenever we can.

• If I'm busy I wait until I'm not, but when I'm not busy, I purposely respond as quickly as he does :P If he responds right away I will, If it takes him 20 minutes I'll wait at least 15 so he thinks I'm busy too :P I admit it's probably dumb, but I guess it's habit! I don't wana seem too eager! And I guess I think you seem more desirable if you're a busy lady.

• i usually reply as soon as I get the text.

• Well if its a guy a like then I will wait about a minute and text them as soon as I get the text from them.

• voted A

• depends on how much I'm interested in the conversation and the guy.

• I don't respond right away, usually wait a couple minutes. but nobody likes a texting lagger!

• i reply really quickly

• provdided I have something to say, I text back right away.

• if I like someone, I will text them back right away. unless I'm busy doing something but other than that, asap

• The only reason it would take me longer to text back is if I really wanted to not make myself look like an idiot or something, so I would think about my reply. I know I don't like the feeling of waiting for a reply in an important text conversation, so I don't intentionally make the guy wait. Unless I don't have time to reply.

Often I reply really quickly, if I can, because I'm anxious about the guy's response.

• in important cases,i don't play if-i'm-important-to-you-you'll-wait game. I'm afraid this tactic would make him think that he's being ignored or something. but in unimportants cases, when texts olny contains quotations and are group messages sent to people other than me, I rarely reply.

• That is so true.

• I don't play any mind games with guys unless they start. I reply when I'm done typing out the message. I think girls who are so fukin worried about coming off as desperate are desperate. If the guy thinks you're desperate just because you text back quickly, then he is an asshole and so not worth your time. And vice versa.

• I never intentionally wait to respond. If I can respond immediately I do, if I am in the middle of something I wait.

• I reply when I have time. I'm a busy person! :D If I have time when I get the text, I'll reply then.

• other. I text back when I see that I've got a text or if I notice I have one but I'm busy I'll reply later. I don't play childish games in relationships.

• i make him wait a few minutes. hm. around 10-15 mins. I have the impression that guys always want a chase. they prefer that than easy girls. I don't know, that's just my opinion.

• That spends on if you don't sleep while. Cause I did that once.

• If I'm not doing anything I'll text back immediately.

• Usually I will respond the moment I get the text. But when it takes him a long time to respond I get kind of grouchy and then I will purposely wait the same time he did to text me. Or at least try to.

Yeah. Immature. I know.

• Hmmmm now that's interesting I never thought about that. Thanks!

• I don't intentionally wait for any period of time. I text back when I have the time and I'm not in the middle of something.

• Depends on my mood. I don't have a rule. I expect guys not to f*** with me like that either. I just assume that if they don't text me back, then they aren't interested.

• I don't play any sort of waiting game. If I'm not busy, I text right back. I don't understand why people overanalyze everything and are so afraid of seeming desperate.

• agreed, agreed. sometimes you DO have to worry about seeming desperate. you know.. there are instances. I'm just saying.

• I text whenever I have time to reply; if I'm washing the dishes I text when I'm done, if I'm driving I text when I reach my destination, etc.

• ofcourse it depends on how much you know the guy

• im not giving up on her, but I just feel like I'm giving everything to hold back my feelings, and she barely treats me like a friend, I know we are good friends, its just since I told her how I feel, she is a little distant like she doesn't know how to react

• just keep trying,or you'd better to see what the problem is that she doesn't want more

• well, we are just friends, and it is a usual thing that she takes a while to reply, but we like each other its just that she only wants to be friends for now

• Show Older
  • depends on the guy. if its a boyfriend or someone I've been with for more than a few weeks there's no need for any texting games..i just text him right back. but if I just got involved with the guy and I want him to think that I'm a busy girl, not that into him, or not needy, then I wait anywhere from 5 min to an hour. Depending on how much I like him I may not be able to wait more that 5 min lol.

you may say there are no need for games but I tend to find that it keeps the guy thinking about you and anxious about you if you don't let him know how much you like him

• well that's better than thinking that the girl is worthless-but whether you feel that way or not you will still anxiously wait by the phone for a response and be excited when she replies. Besides, the feeling that she is too good for you will slowly disappear; especially because as the relationship progresses we let our guard down and stop playing games.

• yeah it does make us think about youmore, but it also makes us think that you don't care enough to respond back, so it makes us feel like we aren't worth you, what do you think about that?

• Depends on how busy I am and on his answer speed.

If he replies right away and I don't have any urgent thing to do, I will also reply as soon as I get the message.

• i'd rather not play games and just answer quickly.

• whenever I want to, usually when I get the text unless I'm really busy then whenever I'm not busy. I'm a grown woman, I don't play little girl games like making a guy wait a certain amount of time =)

• five minutes I don't want to look desperate texting him back straight away ! weird I know !:)

• I have friends that do that, and usually it's just like, "Ugh! he took an hour to text back, I'm gonna wait an hour too and see how he feels"

But personally I just try and text back as soon as I can~ I don't see the point of delaying a message.

• Show More

What Guys Said 5

• So I guess if a girl hasn't texted back the next day, she doesn't like me?

• I don't text.

• I'm going through this BS with a couple new girls right now. So annoying. I can tell they're just trying to gauge how interested I am by how quickly I get back to them. F*cking idiot women...

To answer your question, I prefer to just text back immediately as a courtesy. I like being taken seriously and answered quickly. I've learned to tone down my resentment on this subject since I used to just stop talking to them when I sensed this was happening (and then they'd text like crazy!) and allow a little game playing, but I still have an extremely low tolerance for it. It's probably because I have an actual life and things to do so I don't need to use mind games on a f*cking cell phone as entertainment, unlike most of the single women out there.

• f*** mind games, reply as soon as you get it or I won't waste my time with you. unless you explain that you were busy and I believe you.

• Other, because most women seem to think the guy needs to be texting first. But if you mean back, probably asap.

• That's a mindset YOU women have. Truth is, if you text first, you don't come off as desperate to us guys at all. Just interested. If you CONSTANTLY text non-stop all day, ya.. desperate then.

• then thing is I think , that we girls think .. if girl texts first they tend to come off as desperate .

but anyway I reply quickly and I'm busy ill just say I'm busy in a good so it doesn't feel like an excuse..

• Yea, same experience here...

Most girls thinks that the man should text them first, and that is just a bit annoying, since you not always can tell if they are interested then :-)