• Ask
  • myTake

Girls, How Long Do You Intentionally Wait Before You Text A Guy Back?

Just wondering if girls really intentionally wait to text a guy if they like him?

This question has a poll!

Most Helpful Opinion

• If I'm busy I won't just drop everything to respond to a text...no matter who's it from, but if I'm not doing anything and I can actually reply right away, I will.If he starts playing some sh*tty mind games I'd just drop the conversation all together, and him with it. I have no patience for those sort of games.

• i think I just fell in love

What Girls Said 65

• Well if its a guy a like then I will wait about a minute and text them as soon as I get the text from them.

• I don't intentionally wait for any period of time. I text back when I have the time and I'm not in the middle of something.

• i usually reply as soon as I get the text.

• depends on how much I'm interested in the conversation and the guy.

• other. I text back when I see that I've got a text or if I notice I have one but I'm busy I'll reply later. I don't play childish games in relationships.

• Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm just chilling at home, then right away or within the minute he texts. If I'm out and about, then I might not get to text him until I settle down.

• i reply back right away. if I like the guy or not, I reply back right away because I think its really rude to keep them waiting

• Depends on who is texting me and what its about

• Sometimes we'll make them wait, but then other times we just really want to talk to you so we'll reply immediately. Unless you give us half assed answers like just "okay" or "lol yeah" that always pisses me off cause it makes me have to think of another topic and its really tiring if you do it all of the time.

• I reply when I have time. I'm a busy person! :D If I have time when I get the text, I'll reply then.

• Usually I will respond the moment I get the text. But when it takes him a long time to respond I get kind of grouchy and then I will purposely wait the same time he did to text me. Or at least try to. Yeah. Immature. I know.

• Hmmmm now that's interesting I never thought about that. Thanks!

• Sometimes I don't get a text right away, like it doesn't come through or I just don't notice it. But when I see it I reply right away. (usually) :P

• If I like him a lot I will text right away. But if he's not showing interest, or takes time texting when they have plenty of time, then I'm gonna take my sweet time answering to. :p ha ha I'm not gonna act like a little puppy who answers when he wants. He has to chase me! :3

• it depends how long its taking him to text back, usually after I've read it and all but if he's taking bout 10 minutes il do the same.

• I don't intentionally wait, if I don't text right back its cause I don't have my phone on me.

• I never intentionally wait to respond. If I can respond immediately I do, if I am in the middle of something I wait.

• I text whenever I have time to reply; if I'm washing the dishes I text when I'm done, if I'm driving I text when I reach my destination, etc.

• Depends on how busy I am and on his answer speed.If he replies right away and I don't have any urgent thing to do, I will also reply as soon as I get the message.

• I have friends that do that, and usually it's just like, "Ugh! he took an hour to text back, I'm gonna wait an hour too and see how he feels"But personally I just try and text back as soon as I can~ I don't see the point of delaying a message.

• Well, it really depends on my mood sorry to say! If I'm in a flirty mood, I'll drag out the response for quite a while. On the other hand, if the texts are just chitchat, I'll generally answer fairly quickly.

• Depends. Usually right away. But I sometimes think a lot before speaking, and writing as well. Depends on the topic. So sometimes it might take me a little longer to reply than the average texter. If I'm busy or something, I reply to them as soon as I get the chance. I don't play games or anything though.

• if I like a guy, I won't play mind games. unless he starts it. then it's on. so if he's texting me back right away, I won't wait. I'll reply back cause I want to have a conversation with him.

• Yes I do wait to text a guy don't want to seem so clingy or needy.If he takes long to reply to my texts ill do the same.

• If I'm busy I wait until I'm not, but when I'm not busy, I purposely respond as quickly as he does :P If he responds right away I will, If it takes him 20 minutes I'll wait at least 15 so he thinks I'm busy too :P I admit it's probably dumb, but I guess it's habit! I don't wana seem too eager! And I guess I think you seem more desirable if you're a busy lady.

• if I like someone, I will text them back right away. unless I'm busy doing something but other than that, asap

• I reply as soon as I get it, and I find it annoying when my boyfriend takes 2 minutes to type 5 words when I know he's not doing anything except texting.Like when he's at work, yeah sometimes it'll be hours til he texts again but like when he gets home and is just texting me, why the hold up?I don't know, just as soon as I see/hear my phone go off, I pick it up, read it, and respond. Doesn't take an hour.But if I ever did pause intentionally, it would be 5-10 minutes.

• No they don’t wait...why guys wait and how long?

• if he is making me wait, I usually make him wait. But otherwise, I text him right back

• Depends on the guy.

• Can you explain a little more :)

• i seriously hate waiting to reply. if I don't reply right away, it's because I'm busy. I hate it when my friends are all like you should wait to reply your crush play hard to get I'm all like pfftt f*** that sh*tt I hate that srsly why do that

• Show More

What Guys Said 5

• I don't text.

• I'm going through this BS with a couple new girls right now. So annoying. I can tell they're just trying to gauge how interested I am by how quickly I get back to them. F*cking idiot women...To answer your question, I prefer to just text back immediately as a courtesy. I like being taken seriously and answered quickly. I've learned to tone down my resentment on this subject since I used to just stop talking to them when I sensed this was happening (and then they'd text like crazy!) and allow a little game playing, but I still have an extremely low tolerance for it. It's probably because I have an actual life and things to do so I don't need to use mind games on a f*cking cell phone as entertainment, unlike most of the single women out there.

• f*** mind games, reply as soon as you get it or I won't waste my time with you. unless you explain that you were busy and I believe you.

• Other, because most women seem to think the guy needs to be texting first. But if you mean back, probably asap.

• Yea, same experience here...Most girls thinks that the man should text them first, and that is just a bit annoying, since you not always can tell if they are interested then :-)

• then thing is I think , that we girls think .. if girl texts first they tend to come off as desperate .but anyway I reply quickly and I'm busy ill just say I'm busy in a good so it doesn't feel like an excuse..

• That's a mindset YOU women have. Truth is, if you text first, you don't come off as desperate to us guys at all. Just interested. If you CONSTANTLY text non-stop all day, ya.. desperate then.

• So I guess if a girl hasn't texted back the next day, she doesn't like me?