How do you deal with indifference?

Its far more painful than hate... what is the best way to deal with someone who is dealing with you in this manner?

Most Helpful Girl

• You poor baby.

Sometimes people deal with difficult things by distancing themselves from the situation. He may still care - but after going what you guys went through, he may just need time and space to get his shit together.

From what I remember, you had a close call, he made a decision you didn't agree with, and in the end it was all for naught. I know that you are dealing with your loss, physically and emotionally - but he's dealing with having to make a serious decision that not only affected his life, but people that he cared about. He has a lot to deal with as well. Though compared to the burden you're dealing with, it may not seem like much to you - it could be all that he is capable of handling at the moment.

I know you guys were broken up during this, he could also have been in the process of moving on - and is just continuing to do it now that the drama has passed (for him at least).

Work past this - though he doesn't seem to care, try not to let that reflect on how you feel about yourself. You guys broke up for a reason, and now that there isn't anything that's going to keep you together - you need to move on as well. I'm sure deep down inside he's struggling with his own demons and see no reason to share it with you - I guess he expects you to handle yours without him as well. It sucks that you can't count on his comfort when you need it the most - but that's just the way it is.

Good luck and try to find peace with what you DO have in your life. You'll get over him eventually - the sooner you let go, the sooner you'll be free.