How do you deal with indifference?

Its far more painful than hate... what is the best way to deal with someone who is dealing with you in this manner?

0|0
2|2

Most Helpful Girl

• You poor baby.

Sometimes people deal with difficult things by distancing themselves from the situation. He may still care - but after going what you guys went through, he may just need time and space to get his shit together.

From what I remember, you had a close call, he made a decision you didn't agree with, and in the end it was all for naught. I know that you are dealing with your loss, physically and emotionally - but he's dealing with having to make a serious decision that not only affected his life, but people that he cared about. He has a lot to deal with as well. Though compared to the burden you're dealing with, it may not seem like much to you - it could be all that he is capable of handling at the moment.

I know you guys were broken up during this, he could also have been in the process of moving on - and is just continuing to do it now that the drama has passed (for him at least).

Work past this - though he doesn't seem to care, try not to let that reflect on how you feel about yourself. You guys broke up for a reason, and now that there isn't anything that's going to keep you together - you need to move on as well. I'm sure deep down inside he's struggling with his own demons and see no reason to share it with you - I guess he expects you to handle yours without him as well. It sucks that you can't count on his comfort when you need it the most - but that's just the way it is.

Good luck and try to find peace with what you DO have in your life. You'll get over him eventually - the sooner you let go, the sooner you'll be free.

0|1