How can you tell if he's a player?

What differences are there with a guy who really likes you and someone who just wants to be friends or just mess around?

Like how much would he want to call, text, be around you?

How much would he talk about you with other people?

What would he call you to show he does is doesn't?(beautiful,hot)

How would he act around you?

What else do you think could help us out?

Thanks guys.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Players

- Generally won't talk to their friends about you when it comes to "What do I do" questions

- Will more than likely make you believe they are nice guys

- Will try to push the note that they are "nice guys"

Note- not all *players* are bad people, some of them turn out to be the most fun for a relationship... what you should watch out for is "bad boys" but ill get more into that later on.

Average guy

- Will ask his / your friends as to what to do and generally will need a reply asap to know what's going on and where you two stand

- If you wait to respond, he will panic and at every opportunity he gets, try to make you "love him again" which generally most women find to be annoying and/or a turn off

- Will push the note that they will do anything to make you happy, even at their own expense

Bad boys:

- Don't care about you (i.e. "That sucks that your dog died, come here and ill make you better *wink*)

- Will generally tell you what's up and how things are going to be.

- Will probably have a bad habbit and a "Ill fight you" attitude while being laid-back

- Will generally not take sh*t from anyone...

Players - (N) :: a group of men that have women all around them without settling down till they meet the best match possible

Average guy - (N) :: Probably boring ... but they will make your life as easy as possible

Bad Guys - (N) :: An adventure which will rock your boat, but steer clear from the attitude, you don't need or deserve it if your asking this question ^_^

If I can help further let me know~

ArtistBBoy

• (continued) i.e. Hold his hand, hug him really long.. show him that you like him and that your comfortable - the girl that asked ME out (2 weeks ago) scared me away, but now I am seeing that she is being truthful and so I'm giving it a shot. Hoping it will work out and ill be happy again - and able to show my appreciation for my significant other.

I really don't think that guy would be "playing" you - he mentioned he's scared - players will NEVER do that.

• Easily ^_^ This guy really... really... likes you. He's taking a risk similar to myself ;

I dated a girl for 1.5 years and end up giving my all for the relationship - fighting tooth and nail to give her those "fantasy / this-will-never-happen" moments that made her extremely happy ... in the end she started getting texts from my best friend and they slept together. I dumped her and as such I haven't "dated" since. Infact it made me change ALOT

I would give him a chance, try to initiate things

• Thanks. There's a guy that I really like but he's confusing. He calls me sweetheart, sweetie, he always tells me I'm beautiful. And he's introduced me to his friends and everyone says he does like me but he doesn't really show it now. When were together he stares at me and likes to hold me. I asked if he needed time to figure out what he wanted and he said no. He told me he doesn't want to get hurt but I don't know if he's then trying to push me away. I just don't know what else to do. Help pls.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 2

• aristbboy got some of it right except a few things

players don't try to make you believe that they are nice guys nor do they push the note that they are. players "can have any woman that they want" so why would they care what a woman thinks about them. players know how to make a girl happy so in her mind she can not figure out if he is nice or a jerk..that is why many women like mysterous men because they LOVE to figure them out..

and for bad boys preety much players and bad boys are the same way but as artist said you don't want a badboy

• Players don't trust women, they don't give a sh*t. a massive bundle of mystery a black hole. that is why they are interesting. this answer should be picked as the best here.

• Here's how to tell the difference:

On the first date, mention that you want to not have sex until you're married, and that you never kiss before the 5th date.

The players won't stick around...

• What if you say you don't have sex until in a committed relationship. he still comes around and texts, but says he's too involved in school for the title and always fails whenever he has a girlfriend. so then we go out more and we get close where he wants it, but then say I've to stick to my principles on the matter... oh and he says when he graduates, then he'll see about a girlfriend and he's a senior now. what do I do about thaaat?! lol!

• Well there's a problem, I didn't see one of my old friends for about 7yrs and when we did go out to catch up we slept together and I was really sure he liked me and everyone around us said the same but now he seems a little distant. Its been @ 7months since the 1st time we did it. he lives 4hrs away and comes every once in a while and I asked if anythings wrong and he just says no sweetie. Everythings good. But he doesn't to want to really see me. What can I say or ask him 2 get answeres?

• Great advice - so true... +1

What Girls Said 2

• Player’s are hard to spot. If they were easy, none of us would be in this predicament asking ourselves, “Does he really care about me?” The most important thing is to go with your gut feeling. If you keep asking your self the question of whether or not he is a player then he most likely is. If you REALLY like him and have that gut feeling, you will find your self making excuses for him, defending his actions, and find any reason that makes it seem like he really might just be a genuine guy, even though you have one positive against numerous negatives.

One thing to look for, is his words.

He will make you feel more special then any of his female friends. He will whisper sweet nothings, telling you he wants to see you, he wants to hold you, he misses you, he wants you there with him. Anything to make you feel special and wanted. It’s a way of buttering you up, tricking you into thinking that he genuinely cares and has deeper feelings for you. He will say he is in no shape for a relationship right now, which in a sense is true, because all he want’s to do is move from girl to girl.

He is a smoothe talker. He has done this SO many times, that it is natural. He has come to believe his own lies, so he doesn’t ever feel guilty, or see anything wrong with what he is doing, or how he is acting and treating you. He isn’t feeling any emotion, even though he is giving you every indication he is, and you are really special to him.

He will make you feel like you are making a big deal out of everything, when in-fact you are not, and have every right to be upset with him. He will turn the situation around on you, leaving you feeling hurt, upset, and as if you really are making a big deal out of something that you have every right to speak up about.

He will tell you he will call you or text you, when he actually has no intention of it. When you make plans to see each other or hang out, he will cancel last minute. He will ALWAYS have an excuse, and it will always seem reasonable, even though it really isn’t. If you tell him that he always does it, he will tell you that you never really actually make plans, and you are over reacting. He will make you feel guilty for acting this way.

Make you feel more special then the other girls he talks to. You will make plans to see each other, or hang out, and he will act excited, then just cancel last minuet. He will make you feel like you are making everything into a big deal, when you really

You will go long periods without talking. Long enough to wonder why he isn’t talking, and to wonder what is up, but short enough that you will figure he really was “just busy”. You will be so happy to just talk to him again, that you will forget everything negative with him that has been happening. He will always have an excuse. He is ofcorse, a smooth talker.

If he really cares about you and wants to be with you, you will never be questioning his actions and motives. You will just know. Don’t find excuses f

• Well from a girls perspective.

**Guys who just want to be friends

They call here and there and talk about neutral things, TV shows, weather, and maybe other girls they like. They might talk about guy stuff and see how cool of a person you are.

**Guys who really like you

They will talk about the same things as friends but also ask more questions to get to know you as a person. What do you like to do? How often do you do certain things? They want to know more of you interest and what makes you happy. They will probably ask you out on a couple dates and flirt a lot to get your attention. Texting will be a neccessity.

**Guys who just want to mess around

They are extra flirtacious. Maybe a little touchy feely if you two go out. They are not as romantic when you go out. But may be extra romantic so they can score with you. So the mess around types are tricky. They are the players and may do anything possible even act like they "really like you and want something more" so you feel comfortable enough to give it up.

Hope that helps from a girl