Is it normal for a 22 year old to watch SpongeBob Squarepants?

My boyfriend is 22 and that's the show he watches most. He's always got it on Netflix, is that normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is normal. When my Grandma was in nursing home with
    Alzheimer's disease they found that it helps the mind of loved
    ones who have that disease to let them watch cartoons cause
    it has a calming effect cause lot of them patients have lot of
    agitation, anxiety, depression, my grandma would be happy,
    cry, bang her hands talk out of her head it was the disease
    so i don't see it being a abnormal thing, hell their people in
    their 20's + watch cartoons, have stuff animals you just can't
    throw away memories of that were given to you ,

Most Helpful Girl

• So it's not ok to watch cartoons you've grown up with, or learn to like over time when you're an adult? Good to know that most of the world is full of weird adults who like cartoons and the nice, innocent, nostalgic, and funny feeling it gives them. Not everyone likes super sexual, super serious, and super drama filled shows girlie.

• "Not everyone likes super sexual, super serious, and super drama filled shows girlie."

Right? We have more than enough of that in our real lives.

What Guys Said 21

• Well, im 30 and I watch it. I don't watch a lot of TV for the most part but when I do it's almost exclusively kids shows. The rest of the time I am playing video games and yet I still manage to be an adult... well mostly. Normal? I don't think of myself as normal... i'm exceptional lol.

• It seems rather childish. I don't have anything against cartoons in general but contrary to the Simpsons, which are at least highly socio-critical and contain a lot of social and political satire and cultural allusions, spongebob is just a silly children's cartoon. I know a few other guys who watch this sort of stuff and... I'm sorry but it makes me think of them as somewhat shallow and not-so-intelligent people (also not so mature perhaps). But to each their own I guess.

• I watch more documentaries and the news. Seems more educational and appropriate for an adult to me. Again, I don't have anything against cartoons in general. The Simpsons are pretty realistic in terms of what they deal with. There are also some Anime that are specially made for adults. But spongebob... what does spongebob exactly deal with? A sponge that can talk and do stuff? Why not watch Pocahontas or the Teletubbies?

• SPONGEBOB IS ON NETFLIX? WHAT THE FUCK!

• normal? I don't like to classify things as normal or not but I know I still watched plenty of spongebob at 22. in fact me and my friends in college would watch it once in a while

• I guess you'd be surprised to know that Sponge Bob is not as "kid oriented" as it seems to be. There's heavy use of psychedelia and weird stuff all over it. It's a funny show any adult can enjoy.

img4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...ob_With_A_Brain.png

• Seems a bit childish to me but the important thing is how does he act in the rest of his life - If he is acting normal like any other early 20s guy then just put it down as one of those things.

• You are never too old to watch your favorite show.

• It's pretty normal for guys to watch cartoons. You'll find most fans of shoes like transformers, tmnt, DBZ, thundercats, starwars etc are all late teens to adults.
    Remember that girls tend to mature much earlier on than guys do.

• Don't tell me you're judging him over something that trivial.

• only idiots watch and or enjoy spongebob... And i never name call over the internet.

But sponge bob is the most dumbest shows to ever have existed.

• @cinderelli i wanna watch ur pants more 😆

• I love Spongebob!!! of course it's ok!!! He relates to teens and 20 somethings very well

• It'd be more weird if he was a 20-something-year-old guy who doesn't like SpongeBob.

• Lol don't hate. He's got his tastes!

• It is normal. I still watch it and also Anime. Well DBZ. I am a huge fan of Goku and the Z fighters.

• tis normal i still watch it!

• i prefer to read but... u know, everyone its different

• I still watchin n learnin...

• 1- only if it's the old spongebob
    2- who doesn't love spongebob (old spongebob)?
    3- at least he ain't a bronie

• Why not? He's still in his early 20s which still makes you in my opinion a teen at heart

• spongebob's voice is so fucking annoying. ur boyfriend must be a pedo

What Girls Said 6

• Are you kidding me, Spongebob is the best. I love that show. Of course I don't watch it religiously but I do love cartoons in general. So, I can't say it's not normal if it's just something he enjoys and it's a pretty harmless vice out of all the vices he could have.

• Haha, I'm 21 years old and watch cartoons every now and then.

It's a break from all the reality and crime shows.

• ... I still do but that's because cartoons are awesome.

Wait, Spongebob is on Netflix? Well... excuse me while I go have no life.

• sounds normal!! Spongebob is awesome!!

• Spongebob isn't mainly for kids, its a family show, there are some adult jokes thrown in too. Grown adults watch cartoons all the time, because of nostalgia and things like that. I mean if he was watching something like Dora, that would be a little weird.

• If he likes the show, why be concerned? I still watch kid's cartoons.