Is it ok for male and female friends to say "I love you" to each other?

I have male friend who went through some bad things in his life and decided that he needed to tell the people he cares about how he feels. I also love all my friends as I have few and cherish the ones I do have. We exchange I love you's when parting but have an absolutely platonic relationship in... Show More

Update: Is it ok for me to thank you guys and gals. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I call bullsh*t on this. Unless you are so insecure that you can't see the difference between platonic and romantic relationships, then there is no reason to get upset. People love their friends. People tell their friends. People display physical, non-erotic (or in some cases, merely humorous-erotic) gestures of their affection towards their friends. Ceasing to do so once you are in a "relationship" with someone is to deny yourself the character traits that make you who you are. It's a selfish notion to presume people will withhold affection from other people they care about for one person.

They are your friends. They will probably be around longer than most lovers. Enjoy them.