Guys liking much younger girls?

Some people say that the older guys get, the more they like younger women. What do you think of the whole older men and younger women thing? I don't mean pedophiles, I mean a man in his 30s or 40s liking a woman in her early 20s. Do men tend to like younger women, or do they prefer women closer to their own age?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• To be brutally honest, yes, of course, men my age find younger women very physically attractive, and some 20-something women can go for older men...but reality tends to set in. 1. Women in their 20's are inexperienced, and this can be a real problem for older men2. Women in their 20's are generally broke - some men don't care, but some do... 3. Women in their 20's don't have the sex drive of a 35 year old woman4. Women in their 20's have friends the same age... and this can make an older man feel "old"5. Men in their 40's aren't as physically attractive as men in their 20's - simple fact...and these are just the things I can think of up-front. Don't get me wrong, I've cast a glance or two at a hot 20-something momma, as she was walking by...but I am married, happy, and why mess up a good thing?

• So basically older guys generally want the younger girls because of their youthful beauty which an older woman wouldn't have, or as a trophy girlfriend, or maybe in some cases a younger woman is easier to control if the guy is controlling? And about attractiveness...some girls have a thing for older men and some can be very attractive. But yeah the majority of girls would agree with your statement abt physical attractiveness.

• Show Older
    • How well spoken, Mlle. I like your opinion very much. It's only when we realize that we have to kil what we eat, that it all becomes clear. When we were 20, we thought we would live forever. Now, we realize that forever is a very long, long time.

• im 22y.o and I tried dating guys in 30's but ofcourse not more than 34y.o because he's kinda really smart and really great in conversation even tho at times he's kinda OCP but its fine he's matured enough than guys who are same age as mine...

What Guys Said 46

• I know for sure it's not my case. I can't vouch for other men but indeed, guys wanting to get laid easily turn to less experienced girls who don't know their tricks as well as women their age know them. I don't hink guys start doing that when they're "older", it's just a way of bagging an easier prey. I've known 16 year old guys doing that to 12 or 13 year old girls. :-S

• Men prefer younger women, because younger women are equally mature, so a 30 year old man would be at 23 years mentally mature to a woman, which is why women find blokes their own age immature and childish, which is always why women end up dating older guys and men dating younger women.x

• yeah because younger women are more fertile, although I find it disgusting when I see men dating or marrying women that are young enough to be their daughters, but unfortuneately it is instinct

• It depends on the man. If a guy is getting older, having a younger girlfriend might make him feel younger. Guys tend to like girls around their own age in general, though.~Distant

• Yes...might make him feel younger, but then one night he goes out with her friends /and maybe he brings a friend of his own/ and BAM he feels like the oldest dude on the planet...Ad least that's how her friends are going to look at him (and his buddy). :/

• I would want a 20 somethingg woman however that's looked down on...but women my age liking younger men..that's perfectly acceptable ...double standard

• When it comes to just sex, I want younger women. When I want someone for a permenant or longterm relationship that includes sex and a whole lot more, I want older women. My current situation is that I am back in college and surrounded by thousands of young hot women. I begin to fill as though I am actually getting YOUNGER when reality says I'm not. Therefore, my liking to younger women is due to environment. I find younger women are generally either too ditzy or try to act too mature for their own good. In addition, younger women have a tendency to want to party and shop when I want to travel, watch the games live or do something else which makes compatability a problem. Older women tend to have more baggage as Married-In-PA mentioned. But I can relate with older women much better which is a major plus for older men.Know something strange? Sometimes us older men look at older women and start to see our own mothers in them! Old, wrinkly and just...mom-like! YUCK! It's a very strange thing to talk about. Ruins the mood except in West Virginia! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...er...oh good grief!All in all, I think it's what a man is looking for at the moment

• Ok it's not like that.Men prefer women in their 20's period!So when they're youg the look OK together, then they get older and they're seen as being into youg women, then they get hugh heffner old and are seen as creepy. But all along they were into the same thing.

• lol this^ Most everyone likes 20 year olds. that's just how it is. Personally, ill be sad when I'm too old to date 20 year olds. Unfortunately, I doubt ill be interested in relationships, till I'm too old for 20 year olds- oh well ;) Actually already am too old. I'm 20, and I've always preferred to be with guys at least 5 years older than me, as many of you guys can be really inconveniently rediculous. Age seems to improve this slightly .

• girls Liking much older guys?

• Assuming that a woman is at her peak of sexual attractiveness between the ages of 18 and 35, why would this phenomenon be a mystery to anyone?

• this is kind of true

• Well, girls tend to peak in attractiveness around 20, and men tend to be more visual-oriented, and as a man gets older, obviously the difference between his age and that of women at their peak beauty increases, so, yeah, what you said.But there is more to a relationship than looks, so a lot of older men are much happier with someone their age. Doesn't mean they won't be tempted by the babysitter, but what can you do.

• Unbelievable - we 'peak in attractiveness at age 20'? Just speechless!

• Well OK, 15 - but I didn't want to sound like a weirdo...

• i am getting up there in years and do not mind girls my age who have the same level of fitness and body tone, and who can keep up with me energy level wise, and who have memories that enrich them rather that baggage that simply makes them mean. if we are to go on along, vigorous hike, I do not want her to come back so tired she's unable to even have good sex.as you have already guessed, generally younger girls make a better fit for active older guys, as women their age that can keep up with them and are single, are few and far between. I am a licensed scuba diver, I ski 109 km/h top speed, and yes I will wait for you at the bottom of the hill or even carve around with you, but you gotta worry that you'll take the next turn not that you'll fracture or dislocate a hip - let's save that for when you are 55 and I am 75. I absolutely guarantee you at 7 I will ski faster and cleaner, dive deeper that I do now. practice :)corollary: maintain a great level of fitness, look after your body and skin, and use your years to become a more worldly and interesting person, and men of all ages will keep adoring you

• good Question older men think that date a youmg wemen will take them back to there youngday and it make them fill more vierly and that y older men like to date young wemen be side men that are dateing younger wemen have been dorivce or never been marryed and like young wemen becouse it ez to inperson them becouse older men have money to spend.now on that note don't think that young wemen don,t like older men becouse they do have money to spend on them and older men have some thing that young guys don't have yet and we all know what is but if you don't I tell you more respect for wemen the love docter

• They prefer close to their age but the majority of men find it easier to talk to women in their social age group.

• it really depends on the guy there are some that do prefer younger women because it makes them feel younger in addition in the relationship. it doesn't mean they would love the girl any less because she was younger. ever put an older cat that may seem littless when by himself put that same male cat wth a younger female cat and watch how friske and playful he gets.

• It's written in our genes. Men are attracted to younger women because genetically speaking, we want a mate that is fertile and therefore able to carry on our genetic material better. Men wanna have babies. I can't wait till the day when I can hear the little pitter patter of little me's running around my house. :)I personally like older women though. ;)

• I'd always prefer to be with a grown-up who knows her own mind, doesn't get ID'd in pubs/clubs and has something in common with me. That's why I tend to stick within a 5-year age-gap for girls I date. Then again, there are always exceptions to any rule.

• ROFL @ "Be with a grown-up" and you have Woody as your DP :) I love it!

• Frankly, I would put a picture of my own ugly mug on here but with Hi-Def available on a lot of PCs it might be dangerous.

• I am 31 and my girlfriend of 3 years is 22. My reasons are simple: I am not a typical 31 year old. I am an MMA fighter, in great shape, and have good genetics. I don't live a lifestyle of the friends my age. I am going back to college again at the time. So I have a hard time connecting with 30 somethings when I am: in the gym all the time, rock climing, riding 4 wheelers, beer pong, hanging out on the beach, road trips, concerts, parties, don't have kids, not married, etc. etc. ...and they are: playing golf, talking about stocks and investments, out of shape, out of breath trying to carry the trash to the road, on the couch with the wife, has a bunch of kids, etc. etc. So I naturally meet and connect with younger girls better and more often during my weekly adventures and the situations I'm in. And they like me too because they tell my that I am just like the guys their age only better cause I'm not as immature and I know what I want and don't play games and I know how to treat a girl, but I don't come off as an "old dude". EVERY GIRL I KNOW my age has usually about 3 kids, is married or if not has a baby daddy in and out of the picture. They don't take care of themselves and I do so that is important to me. (and don't get me wrong cause there are young girls that are lazy and don't take care of themselves either). But the older girls just have way too much baggage for me to deal with. If I found one like me that didn't graduate high school and immediatley join the baby race and try to scramble to get married and have 10 kids as fast as they could, and she was cool to hang out with and chill...i would definately be interested, but I live in south georgia. That girl don't exist here. If she is a catch around here, she is DEFINATELY DEFINATELY taken. And usually by some guy who's family is rich and so he always will be. That's just the way it is down here. So I date the younger girls and we like each other just fine.

• down home and country!

• From a man's perspective, men don't like being "told" what to do, some women feel they can do that with age, (some men need it). Men don't like getting "rain checks" for sex, men can still have a playful spirit (just not the drive) of someone in their twenties. We can pick many reasons why. We can see a guy with a beer belly tell someone he needs a young girl in her twenties that is fit and without cottage cheese butt. There are some stereotypes, some activity issues, energetic attraction (feeling our age maybe?) the body appearance, the reminder of what we may have missed in our twenties, the appreciation of a developed female. That should just about cover most of it.

• Ya dudes usualy like the younger girls.

• I'm in High School but generally attracted to older women .

• I think a lot of it has to do with a lot of factors. Most middle-aged guys are starting to realize that they aren't the immortal kings of the world that they thought they were at 17. You see it a lot with guys that were good looking or sports heroes when they were young, that have to have that young, hot, submissive trophy wife to prove to themselves and everyone that they're still desireable. Generally, the wider the age difference, the more shallow the man. Generally, of course. Most guys that date girls with a wide age difference want someone they can control and direct around, someone that isn't going to challenge their ideas or cause a big fuss. It's a dominance thing, most times. They want someone who will be dependant on them, and usually at 20 you aren't financially independant, you're still sortof adrift, and those types of guys pick up on that.

• No, I like the mature girls.

• As I said in an earlier answer I like my women 20 or more years younger than me. Between the age of 26-35.Most people guess my age at 15-20 years less than my real age so I have no problems.Keeps me young and I like to treat them well and love them to death.Older women bore me to death especially when they can't keep up with the times.

• older me like younger women cause they're inexperienced and a good bang. just buy them a gift and they're happy. my friend who is 28 married a 50 year old and got divorced after 6 months and had a baby with him.

• Men prefer younger women. That's for sure.

• I am in that 30 age group and I find younger women more attractive. However the difference is at 20-21 the girls will want to hit the town and bars while at 30 I have been through that and it is not as fun as it use to be. So there would be a conflict in personalities. But younger women are a ton hotter in my eyes just not as compatible.

• Not all older guys like younger women. There are some who are attracted by younger women. But not everyone likes younger women. Older people tend to like people who they are comfortable with or who can listen to them. They may also fall for women their age. Who can predict men?

• Wow, I just asked a question on this topic myself. Today I just turned 47 year old. I'm a man guy which ever and yes I like younger women. Why? All during my school years I was either to bashful to ask a girl out, or when I finally worked up enough nerve none were interested. That continued as it does today. I haven't touched a female in 25 years. Someone tell me, is that fair? There for I've been lonely all my life never having the love of the opposite gender . I have no children what so ever. The last girl I even touched, I was 20 or 21 years old and that's where it all ended. From that I didn't grow use to those my age because I wasn't around them, didn't associate with them, didn't and don't know them. I can attract to someone 18. Let's compare it to firemen going to a fire. If a fireman. Say the fire department gets a call to fight a fire for a 21 story building. The firemen take off with a 21 story ladder truck, but by the time they get to the fire the building has grown 47 stories high. They say good things come to those who wait. But in the real world good things come to those who get lucky. I'm afraid I wasn't one of the lucky ones.

• damn man I feel bad for you I have a friend that I think is going to end up like you and he won't let me set him up

• Show Older
    • You're me in fifteen years...

• Awww, I'm so sorry. Good luck and I hope you find the girl of your dreams soon.

• Guys just like what they like, we are attracted to female bodies that are good for making babies(sorry to put it so bluntly) and women seem to be partially attracted by our physical appearance but mostly attracted to how we(guys) make them feel. I believe that is what makes older guys or more mature guys more attractive to women.but it is the sad truth(for women) that we tend to like the women with the best bodies... and that generally means 18-28 years old... its not our fault we are genetically predisposed to want it

• with me, its not that I like younger girls, its that they like me. like 70% of my 2 sisters' friends have had crushes on me.

• Show More

What Girls Said 26

• It runs the gamut. I am in my 40's and I have been dating men that are at least 10 years younger than me for several years now. My fiance is 31. I have found that there are certain men that have an old soul and have a physical attraction to older women. There are also guys that just have the physical attraction to older women or they are looking for someone to take care of them, which does not work for me.And, yes, there are guys who are only interested in women around their age and there are others who want to date someone younger. When it comes to a guy who is much older dating a 20 something, the only thing I would watch for is the guy who is a commitment phobe who thinks a young gal will be easy to push around and he can have a sexual deal with you but would never consider a relationship. Beyond that, you will find older men who are just truly attracted to you and prefer a younger woman.Oh, and Married-in-PA is spot on. With any age difference comes gaps in life experience that can initially be tantalizing but later be a real deal breaker. I have seen it work but I have also seen a lot of cases where it didn't and Married-in-PA hit most of them. I can add that a guy in his 40's just may not be up to the level of going out and partying that some 20 somethings are looking for.

• I think if it's a sexual desire they'd want a younger woman with a nice body and tight vajj...but if it's all about setteling down and finding a person that is mentally intriguing they'll find someone closer to their age. I'm 19 and dating a guy that's 25. It really doesn't have much to do with my body although I know it's a plus for him. We just get along really well despite the age difference.

• Y'know what, I can balance this out; to all those guys saying they like younger girls and who are obviously not bothered by women of my age group... I like younger men, that's right! I'm not one of these women who like the older guy, I like them younger! See? Two can play that game!

• I really get what you mean, I get mostly 30 year old guys liking me but it's just grose and creepy, they used to be on top of their game in their 30's but their confidence has since lowered and they try to think maybe they have a chance with the younger girls again but face it, they don't, they are only creeping them out, it's jsut grose and they should go for someone their own age.

• My bfs 44 and I'm 19

• Do you seriously like him for who he is? And what's the level of physical attraction like?

• he got a fancy car for sure .

• yerp I'm really attracted to him and nope he don't have a fancy car he just a normal man I love him for him

• From my experience- yes, they do. I've been hit on by guys of all ages, including men in their 30s, 40s or even 50s. Some of them are single, others have gfs or wives and even children older than me. A lot of these guys are not just about flirting but they have serious intentions, I even got proposed by such a man, but of course I'm too young to agree with smth like that unless the guy is really very very rich. And since most of these guys are neither attractive nor rich or famous they end with their own kind- women closer to their age, not because they like them but because they have no choice. It's a kind of equilibrium I guess )

• your all in it for the money ... sick!

• Xia90"ALL" in ti for the money?!Have your ead the above comments fromt he other women?ALL means EVERY SINGLE woman.I am poor and would rather remain so, not living off of anyone, not off government either, as most people do nowadays. I fear for my future and have to live off Dollar Store food but I'd rather live this way than with one of the 10 or more sleazeballs and/or 'nice' guys that hit on me on a daily basis. No matter how much money they had.

• is it weird for a 20 year old to be interested in a 16 year old? I would think of just him trying to get ass, but I've been talking to him for almost a year and never even truly met him yet.. (the circumstances are complicated) but if anyone reads this, inform me on it also please.

• That's not a huge age difference. Quite possibly not just after 'ass'. lol

• I see nothing wrong with that.. All men differ on their age preerences some like cougars, some have pedophilic tendencies, some are normal

• I think its all just because a habit in our world. I am not confidence enough to date a guy younger than me. So I am searching for an older one (not that older). Basically I am just scared about what people would say when I am dating a younger guy. I think some guys maybe just scared to date older women. Maybe

• It really depends on the man because I am 38. I am fit, active and take very good care of myself. I attract men from all age groups. I do attract a lot and I mean a lot of men between the ages of 18 and 30. They know how old I am as I am never afraid to admit it and most of them have always liked older women and say they always will. To each there own I guess.

• Well, it's hard to generalise something like this. Yes, some men like younger women and some women like younger men - especially when they're pursuing a more sexual relationship. That being said, maturity comes into it - at school, the girls would often have crushes on/be more interested in the older boys, simply because boys their own age were a little behind them in mental and emotional maturity so the girls were more interested in boys who were at their level - and those boys were older. The same can go on throughout life. Some men aren't ready for a family until they're in their late thirties, but for many reasons, including natural instinct, this can lead them to go for younger women because it's more likely that they'll succeed in having a healthy child quickly with a younger woman. The physical side can come into it. Sometimes, yes, men will prefer someone who still has everything "pointing up." But that's not always the grounding for a solid, long term relationship. Some men like women to be mentally stimulating as well as physically, and they can find this with any age woman, it just depends what they're looking for.

• I most def. get hit on by older men a lot more than younger/guys my age... Weird, guess it's because I have the whole "exotic" or "foreign" look thing going on. lol Attracts the old geezers. :/...

• mid to late 30's early 40's is not a geezer ! we are in our sexual prime IMO

• Some guys like older women. Everyone is different.Personally, I'm 23 and I LOVE older men, for different reasons, such as:1. Older (most) men know how to be more diplomatic in their answers.2. Older (most) men know who they are already, they're not trying to figure it out.3. Older (most) men are more adventurous/experienced in bed.4. Older (most) men are more easy going.I love men in their mid/late 30's and early 40's. I make exceptions for older men who are either: extremely intelligent, funny, or handsome. :D

• Very well said ! good to see someone not closed minded

• I wish it was so. I am 22 and I like older guys but no one approached me yet.

• I can actually give you a descent answer, because I in fact tend to go for older men, not so old they don't have their own teeth and hair, but I have always found 'older' men to be more interesting as people, probably because they have had more life experiences, and what's more I find some men actually get better looking with age, their features are more defined. I also from experience have noticed that older men, tend to chat me up more then my age group does, I don't know why, but its fact, I have had more older men flirt with me and let me know they find me attractive, then guys my own age. Now, I never imagined that I would ever date someone a lot older then me, (I just knew I kinda liked the older man better then the younger man in theory but didn't really want to practise it)However, I am in fact now in a relationship with an older man, he is almost double my age, I am 24 and he is 42, and we have been together 3 years, we live together and next year we are getting married, a lot of my family thought that I will soon come to see the bad side of this, but they can see why I might be interested in an 'older' man, they thought this in the beginning, But since being with him, and my family getting to know him, they F***ING LOVE HIM, they like him more then me, and my mum didn't give him an easy ride, believe me. I know he is the one for me, and I wouldn;t ever trade him for a younger model, and it ain't about money either, we really only have enough to rent with, and ocassionally eat..lol (joking there, but we are getting by, not wealthy)I can see how the 'reality' might settle in, but for me it never has, and I believe the reason for this is because, despite him being older, we both have experiences we still have to experience, neither of us have children and niether of us have been married (he had a very bad accident when he was in his younger years which held him back and he had to rebuild his life pretty much from scratch)I won't deny that we have had issues on the marriage an children things, but not from not wanting them, and not wanting them together, its been more about whether or not we can afford it.And while one day I might have to face that I could be on my own in my older years, I can live with that, knowing I at least got to be with him, and live some of his years with him.

• that's so gross. they're old themselves but don't want the older women. ugh

• not if she f***ed other men why commit trade them in

• agree

• It totally sucks. Being washed up at 25 is a drag, and I don't find men old enough to be my father attractive. But its a man's world, shut your eyes and let him have his way or be single!

• Older men probably like younger women because of the fact that the younger women can have kids for a longer time than an older women. Like I have seen on girls ask guys that a 40+ year old single guy never married wants only women in their 20s so that they can have his kids for him...

• yes if you meet a women in her late 20s or early thirties its getting to late to really commit to her

• What should a woman in her late twenties do if she's not attracted to guys who are 10-20 years older? Stop dating?

• Apparently! And I'm in my late 30s so I guess I should've stopped dating a decade ago!?

• Yes, men prefer younger prettier women. No one likes to admit, but it's simply the truth. If you ask a guy, he'll say it is not the case, but don't listen to what he says, watch what he does. Actions speak louder than words & men always want younger prettier women.

• Those men are perverts, & I wish younger women wouldn't fall for their games & date them.

• not true at all

• Prove it asshole

• agree

• Good question and I find myself into more older men but not for there money.

• One word: compensation.

• I guess it depends on the people : many men and women are trick , whether they are 20 or 30. The thirty-year women's biggest flaw is most of them already have children or plan to get some. As for me, I'm nearly 20 and I would rather date thirty- year men because I don't want to attend beer contest or see guys being delirious as soon as they see someone eat a banana. That's as simple as ABC !

• @see guys being delirious as soon as they see someone eat a banana. lolhaha you nailed it;) That's how the guys where I go to school, behave. Its come to where I do not eat bananas , anything I have to eat with a spoon, or suck with a straw or suck on in any way, in public ;)

• I'm very put off by any man in his thirties or forties that approaches me. I immediately think he's looking for easy p****, and label him as a loser. I think all men like young women. But only nasty old dudes actually try to get with girls in their early twenties.

• i think it depends on the person. I've met many men who prefer dating women their own age. but I've also met men who like to date younger women, which is the case for my boyfriend and i