How many times do you call a girl before giving up?

About a week ago I got a girls number, I called her 2 days later, she didn't answer, so then 2 days after that I texted her, and she didn't respond, then I gave up. I'm asking because I'm having a little debate with my friends, some are saying to only call once, others are saying to call her one more time and leave a Voice Mail. I'm curious as to what most girls think about this. My current belief is that a girl won't call a guy back after just the first call, they are going to wait for him to call again. However this has never happend to me.

176

Most Helpful Girl

• Games. =/

There could be a number of explanations as to why she didn't respond. =/

- Maybe she didn't get the call/text

-She noticed that you have but she was busy and forgot to respond

-Maybe she didn't know it was you

-She just gave you the wrong number or she just did it to be nice

-She's playing games and wants you to work for it.

-Maybe her phone got cut off

List goes on. QUESTION is...

^-^ what's she worth to you? Probably next to nothing unless you hit it off. It's up to you. If it were mi then the first time around I would either call once and text later on to say it was mi and if I don't hear back then I move on.

What Girls Said 16

• Depends on how you obtained her number. Sometimes girls can find themselves in situations in which they feel overwhelmed by being approached. If this was the case she may have given you a false number so as not to hurt your feelings. Perhaps next time give the girl your number and ask her to call you if she is interested in getting to know you. That way she might not feel as reluctant and you have put the ball in her court. This way she can now choose whether or not to call and you can also choose whether or not to answer.

• No. A girl will either get back to you if she's interested or she won't if she's not interested. You stated that you got her number? Maybe you should text her instead of calling. (if she hasn't saved your number, she won't know who's calling & won't answer). If she doesn't text you back, then let it go. You can take a horse to its water, but you can't make it drink. You've done what you could.

All the best.*

• Every girl is different, some girls think that you should call her a few times before she answers or calls you back (I am one of them girls) and other girls think that after one call you shouldn’t call back until she returns your call.

How did you go about getting her number, was she happy and excited to give you the number or did she act like it was no big deal? How long had you known the girl before you called her?

I wouldn’t give up unless you personally feel as if it is a waste of time, maybe she is a busy person and just hasn’t had time to answer. Or she can be like me and set and watch her phone ring but refuse to answer it to see how many times he will try.

• If she really likes you your call will be returned within a day or two. If she decided that she's not interested in you after all. Your call will be politely ignored. She could be busy, her phone could be turned off, or she has a boyfriend etc. She might like to play games. I'd say move on to another girl who wants to take your calls. Good luck!

• wate of your time. delete her number

• You've already tried twice. That shows that you care, but anymore will come off as creepy.

• I was once in this situation, but I was the girl getting called. in this instance, I had lost my phone, but in the end it worked out okay. I agree with your friends. Call her, and leave a message.

• Give up...she has your number...

• No more than three tries. If she hasn't responded by the third time then I wouldn't even bother.

• My ex liked me for three months before I showed interest. He didn't smother me but was open that he liked me. We were together two years. Don't smother her but if you really like her be patient.

• Call and leave a message. If she doesn't call back, she's not interested.

• I can see why she wouldn't call back back, phone conversations can be awkward when you barely now someone and texting is easier. Maybe she didn't even save your number. She definitely got the text though. All I'm saying is that if I liked a guy and he texted me after we hung out, I would for sure respond. But there have been countless times I've exchanged numbers at a bar (drunk) and they will contact me and I always ignore it. I don't think she's interested

• I say leave a VM and if she doesn't respond let it go. If it was important she would have contacted you.

• Give up

She's not interests

• Calling is not texting...everyone wants a while to reply on a text cause it’s needy otherwise. Calling is different. If a guy I liked called me id be thrilled :) But if one called who I didn’t like called me, I wouldn’t pick up :( Sorry pal, I’d move on. If she likes you she defiantly has your number. We usually are the ones who struggle with holding back from texting back so soon. So if she hasn’t replied already id say no interest. Go find a better one :)

• Well I'm a girl that depends. If I really like him, I try like 10 times at max.

What Guys Said 6

• Call her or text her three times. Then I'll be done until I happen to see her in person again. Not three times in a row but if I text her or call her and she don't pick up. I'll wait either next week or two to call or text her back. If she don't respond, then I'm not calling or texting back until she hit me up first. I don't like playing the phone tag game. I don't have time for that.

• Once. No reply? Moving on.

• Call her just once (and leave a voice message if she isn't there).

And don't call her until she calls or texts you back.

If she doesn't respond, delete her number.

• Twice.

• I would call once, then call again. If she was really hot, then maybe a text afterward, but normally 2 calls is more than enough. Haven't happened to me though.

• Once is all I need. You are correct sir