Guys: you get that cute girl's number. How long do you wait before calling/texting her?

You meet a cute girl and really hit it off. She gives you her number when you ask and you both go your separate ways. How long until you contact her?

• The next day
  • A few days later
  • Other
  • I want to see the results
Thanks for all the answers, everyone! : )

Most Helpful Guy

• I ALWAYS call the next day

Frankly I'd be concerned about her not thinking I'm interested, or me being forgotten about on her end...go wait.

So I don't play games and contact her the next day. I see no cons to doing so (feel free to share your differing opinion if you want).

I know what I want (her) and imma show her that I want her by contacting her promptly. :)

What Guys Said 26

• C: Other

I don't know yet but my best guess at the moment is if I had to estimate I might call/text her at least in a week maybe, more or maybe never call/text her unless I feel like it whoa whoa don't even think about calling me a jerk or insecure allow me to explain if you never call/or text her at all unless you feel like it then she have the optionality to miss you it creates attraction she'll more likely be with you.

Then she sees you with a backbone,she sees him as a challenge she loves challenges and since they want to change a bad guy to be a good man more likely in reality it's impossible but however if you use the tactics the good ones aka the positive ones not the negative ones like the one I named as an example that will help the nice guys,geeks,nerds,nerds and good guys like me out to get dates easily and to our advantage.

And being too nice never creates attraction and yes being too nice kills attraction you'll get friend zone she'll never wanted to be with you she'll never date you until she is either A single mother B.no longer a virgin or C she is pregnant by the bad guy he dumped her for another woman and yes possibly D all of the above.

You women play those games and we learned more and more if we focus on what you do not what you say don't say you don't unless you can proof it so far women these days and age say one thing but respond to opposite for an example you woman say oh I want a sweet guy or I want a good man treat me right.

Then you love that other guy who treats you wrong who push you down see how you respond differently then what you say what you love in a guy and you can call me a geek or a nerd go ahead and yes I admit I am both a nerd since I might share same knowledge as a regular nerd and a geek you know I'm 50/50.

And I collect stuff that I love and I collect stuff that I like and yes sometimes I do research online,ask questions,ask questions on Google,read online books like one of hem I will named how to be alpha male/the game one or the other yes I do read books from Google online and of course sometimes I do research on other different subjects as well.

bottom line is this

Do you want evil bastards,thugs,criminals and all other bad men

do you want a guy who is too nice

do you want a good man

and above all do you want a great man? This is are just some of my research notes so far I've taken and from what I notice going on these days and age and sadly some of women and some of girls if not most of them here in America is being brainwashed.

• For now these are my guesses at the moment and I am not bashing anyone and I am not bashing America since I'm an American guy myself and I am saving my virginity till marriage and I'm proud of it and I expect her to do the same

• @sikoo31your welcome man and like I said for now I'm only guessing unless any girls and any women proof me wrong if she thinks I'm lying and provide the proof not just saying it she needs to show us proof plain and simple is that easy

• Go ahead and give thumbs down if you wish to I don't give a flying f*** if you didn't read carefully I said for now I'm only guessing unless you women and you girls proof my theory wrong and yes you'll need to provide proof not just say it.

If you women and you girls just say it with no proof there is 50% your lying and the other 50% you are not lying to us yes that means there is 50/50 chances either you are lying or you are not lying.

• Either we have to hit it off right then and there or I wait days or about a week. Why? It's simple. Girls are chased all the time. The ones that don't chase are the ones that the girls are most intrigued by. Girls get calls and texts but don't answer them because the game is over. They figure that if you contact them too soon it seems like you are desperate, have no life, and is no "challenge" to her to stay interesting.

I have a busy life and I have no time to waste. Many guys call or text the girl just to make sure that it's her real number because most of the time it's not. Yes girls still play these games. So if I were to call right after I meet a girl it does seem desperate and clingy. Many girls will give the excuse of "going too fast" later when you do call. Staying a mystery and being a "jerk" turns on girls not being good and reliable.

• So true! I wish my single guy friends would figure this out and stop being all depressed all the time lol

• i agree with the concept of the female's reactions to the behavior, +1.. The part I disagree with is what "waiting a week to call" actually does. It's not so much an attraction on their behalf (in my eyes) as it is so much a way for one to detach himself from any emotional hope that said female could be a potential mate. In doing so, it helps us become less clingy and desperate, which IS more attractive. Being good / reliable isn't a problem, but most guys who are good/reliable are also clingy

• And to further elaborate.. By waiting a week, there's a subconscious reaction to our own inner conflict -> e.g. "Why isn't she/he calling? Maybe I did something wrong..." Which then is our own self granting the other person a higher quality than we allow to ourselves.. That is, we give them authority over us that gives ourselves the impression that WE are the ones who are not worthy. Reverse this concept and look at it from the woman's perspective.. She overevaluates her own situation.

• I usually do it the next day, mid afternoon, ask and she if she would like to get some lunch, that 3 day rule is dumb, and for kids in high school.

• AMEN the next day man

• Great answer man great answer well put and it's true on how some girls and some women if not most of them play hard to get games and other f*** up games if she plays them I dump her,erase her number and find someone else don't play those stupid f***ed up games the ones they do

• C: Other

When I have a reason to. 9/10 times in the past, where I've lead my mind into this mysterious head game of 'whens the right time to call', I've usually been the second-choice as a potential mate. Now that I've got other priorities than women, it seems that they flock in my direction more often than before. So to answer your question more precisely, I don't usually call back unless there's a reason for me TO call e.g. we made plans to swim / etc..

~ ArtistBBoy

• I can explain that to you... when your mind is preoccupied with finding someone, you never find anyone because people pick up on that and its not attractive. When you're not, people also pick up on that and they like to know you've got other stuff going on with your life.

• It's much appreciated

• I try not to text, because that leaves it open for her to play hard to get and not text back or just blow me off. a lot of guys text girls all the time, so if you do that, its easier for her to just blend you in as another orbiter...I call, and when she answers I'm really happy sounding and just see if she wants to hit the bar this weekend.

• Great answer man great answer well put and it's so true how girls and women play hard to get games and other f*** up games if plays them I dump her,erase her number and find someone else don't play those stupid f***ed up games the ones they do

• yeah I'm not wasting my time playing games, if two people like each other they should talk...

• usually the next day.

if I actually have something to talk to her about or something I wanna ask, idc how long its been.

the whole waiting thing is stupid. if she liked me, she wants to hear from me soon, so if I just text or call her that same day, she should be happy, not weirded out or turned off.

if she is, then she doesn't really like me and that's all I need to know to never text her again.

and I agree with you

• I don't know. I get around to it eventually. I try not to call her immediately, because too many girls think "oh, he's showing interest, he must be needy or desperate" which is kinda stupid. So I at least wait a day. Maybe two days. But yeah, if you got his number mid week, and he hasn't called by Friday or Saturday, chances are he's not that interested.

• Never worry about what girls think. Let them think about you. If they are really interested...they will wait on you for 5-7 days, sometimes longer. Girls have too many preconceived ideas floating around in their heads, mainly from being brain washed.

• The next day for sure.

• usually 24-72 hours later, depends on if I'm in the mood to chat, or if I'm busy.

• I always call 5-9 days later. Works great. Before I'm called every name in the book...I can explain if you would like.

• I would probably do it that night to see if she has any plans or the next day. I don't really believe in this three day rule, as I see not many other guys do either.

• Me get a number from a cute girl lmfao, it will never happen. Maybe if I were a douchebag, other then that nope won't get one.

• Thats right keep giving me thumbs down, because you know I'm right.

• That's just it I don't that hard and still fail, that's why I believe its my looks.

• Yeah keep giving me thumbs down, because you all know its the truth.

• I usually tell her I'll call you tonight/tomorrow/ whenever I say because I know she'll be waiting and I don't want to call when it'll be an inconvenience to her

but I wouldn't do it right after unless she said so.

• Don't do what she says man because if you do she will think you are too nice,you are so boring you bored her,she will think you are not challenge enough and above all she thinks you have no backbone.

And she'll leave you in a heart beat and women love challenge and they love guys who is mysterious from what I've seen and from my research so if you don't tell her when you call/or text make her miss you then that builds attraction unless I am missing something else

• You're probably one of the most date-able guys here :)

• Are you talking to me or him? LOL

• I say no more than two days. If a guy is interested, he will make time to make a little or call or send a little text message.

• the next day, or the day after that - between 24 and 48 hours after meeting her. that way it doesn't come across as really desperate, but at the same time doesn't appear like I'm trying to play games with her.

• It depends. it took me a few days to a week to call her back, depending on the situation. But I will never call the next day.

• Depends on the girl... I can call text her within an hour after meeting her, on the next day, next few days or next week

• Right when I get home or in the car. I call and say I have a bad sense of time because my mother dropped me on my head one too many times and then I pick right up where I left off with her

• probably next day, don't want to be clingy or needy, desperate

• depends on how long it would take for me to get home at night and be free

• The next day

• Shortly after or the next day. If out of the bar, maybe just a "nice to meet you" or something simple. If she doesn't respond quickly, you know she's not really interested...

• if she don't call me from that day until forth day then I write her off because if you have a backbone I don't know this one also counts but I give her three day limit like for an example.

If I call on a Saturday if she don't call me on Saturday,Sunday, or Monday I write her off and move on and erase her number and take that as she is not interested why should I waste my time if she give her number to me when she is not interested and she either picks me 1st or I'm gone

• id probably just send a text right away just so she gets my number too

• Probably the next day, even if it's just to check or say hi.

• I never do she's not worth it. I just asked to see if I could get it which I did mission complete.

• 5 business days.

You don't want to call immediately, because girls jump to conclusions about you for some reason. You don't want to wait for the cliche 3 days. They'll be expecting it. Women love the "I can take it or leave it" attitude, so you must let them sweat it out a little. If she is angry about this, oh well. There are other girls that will be happy about my phone call.

• 5 days minimum for me unless the 5th day falls on a Fri...Sat, or Sun.

• 5 "business days" ...damn. It's like a shipping estimate lol

What Girls Said 11

• The fastest a guy texted me after a date was like 10 min. after we left. The funny thing is, I really like him (this was a couple months ago and we still see each other) so I didn't think he was being needy or desperate. Typically, if it's a guy I don't like as much or am not sure about, if he texted me right away I would think he was needy, but if I really like the guy, I love when it's right away. Maybe that's just me though.

• Easiest I got a text from guy is 10 min.lol I like that

• Call her the next day. I'm a girl..if I give a guy my number after we hit it off, I'd want him to call me soon. :)

• If a guy wait's more than a day to text me, he gets a lower rating from me. Playing games is not mature

• If they're smart and really interested, the next day.

• the earliest I've had a guy text me after getting my number was like 20 min lol

• 20 to 45 min

idk why some people think they need to play games and wait for 48 hours

• I am and I am speaking the truth and my answer I said my best guess is wait till one week or more later or never call/text unless I feel like it if you want to know why read my answer very carefully then respond and have proof if you think I'm wrong

• Some girl putting you in the friend zone because you were too nice and had no back bone has nothing to do with when a guy calls you after he gets your number. Stop trying to make this post all about you and your experience.

• I was nosey and wanted to see the results haha

• if he is smart he will text me a few hours later or the next day, if you wait any longer than that, honestly I have probably already lost interest, blahhhh!

• The games tire me and bore me. I wish guys wouldn't pull the whole oh, I'll wait to get her interested in me thing. If you're interested in me, just talk to me. Let's start a conversation, get to know me as a person.

• Some guys in this situation will not contact you at all. They thought you were cute, got your number but

1. Were really just about casual sex and when you did not go home with them they are over it.

2. Already have a girlfriend but had a great time flirting with you.

3. Sobered up the next day and don't remember you that well or just overall are not feeling it.

4. They just like getting numbers and having the bragging rights to the fact they get hot chicks numbers all the time.

• Usually he texts the same day.