My boyfriend calls me names

My boyfriend calls me names like bitch, slut, whore, ugly, fat, skank, smelly, tramp, etc. But he says that he is just joking and he doesn't mean it.... Show More

Just you know broke up with him because he push me in a wall. I'm fine now.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you're overreacting.

I also think he's jerking you around. He's trying to learn what kind of misbehavior you'll tolerate. By saying "I'm only joking" after he calls you a smelly tramp, he tries to make you question your judgment -- and it's worked because you're asking us to confirm your gut feeling that he's out of line.

Like VirginPirate said, if you tolerate him calling you a fat slut, he'll probably think he can get away with worse.

I suggest you dump this guy. If you show some backbone and move on with your life, he won't know what hit him. The look on his face when you break up with him could be priceless. And if he begs you to take him back and promises to change, don't believe him. Dump him and keep your personal power for yourself so you can find a guy who won't call you names.