He misses me but doesn't want to get back into a relationship?

So basically it was my first big relationship, we were friends for a couple of years before we got together and I fell in love with him and it felt mutual. things got a bit messy in the end and we broke up, just arguing a lot over what now I realize were very stupid things. and I'm glad we broke up so I could realize this. we hung out yesterday and he was very affectionate to me, cuddling me, holding me close, kisses, playing with my hair and saying I'm beautiful and it felt great. I was upset at the initial break up but if you love someone you let them go right? so he dropped me home, told me he misses having me but doesn't want a relationship right now because they are hassle (this is probably the conclusion he has came to after we ended badly) he knows I still have feelings for him and he still wants to meet up and do all the cuddling and kissing without being with me. really don't know what to do. I really need advice, anything at all. thanks:)

43

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds like he wants fwb...at least for right now...if you can be okay with that then go for it...but if you have strong feelings for him I would think about it...you could get hurt...the safe thing to do is to just move on and get over him...but the way I see it...every kind of relationship you get into you have a 50/50 chance of it ending badly and getting hurt in some way...you already no you like him...so I would say chance it...and lived through the break-up...so you can do it again..but if it ends bad again...you will not have the what if? in the back of your mind

What Guys Said 3

• "doesn't want a relationship right now because they are hassle" = wants nookie w/o strings.

I agree w/the others. Looks like he's trying for FWB. If you want that go for it. If you'd prefer pure Boyfriend situation don't settle. Changing someone from a FWB to a Boyfriend is unlikely to work. My advice is to keep it at just friends, take a break from dating and then start dating someone else.

• Sounds to me like things got too complicated too fast and he doesn't want to deal with drama. He obviously has feelings for you but doesn't want something to make things difficult. Take it from me a FWB never works out and will end in disaster, especially if one of you sees it strictly as a friendship when the other sees it as more than that. If you do want something with this guy your best bet is to just take things slow and don't try to rush into anything.

• why the hell do all you girls write on and on. Can you not just write in point form, trust me guys would like you more. Anyhow, he doesn't love you and never will, so ya, just move on. Just good for a booty call.

What Girls Said 3

• we're on the same situation girl, I suggest continue meeting him, because if you stay away from him he will surely forget and moved on easily.. I am sure he still loves you,., but doesn't want to enter a relationship because he might thought if he comes back to you that just easy, then there's a great chances that your relationship will turn out bad again, he just wants you to realize your mistakes and him to realize his shortcomings.. but if she found another Girlfriend then he doesn't love you and he was able to move on already.. so be prepared too and think about it, if you say yes, you still want to meet him, then be ready to face the consequences that you might face in the future.. but at least you tried :)

• I feel you should continue meeting him and give him some more time he might turn to you. don't worry if he is yours he would come back to you.

• Don't talk to him.