How to initiate a breakup conversation with someone who's head over heels in love with you?

He doesn't see this coming at all. He's very in love with me but I don't feel the same anymore. I'm busy with my studies and I just don't want a relationship now. How should I start this conversation, any ideas? Again, this will be completely out of the blue for him.. :/

1312

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him that you can't have a relationship and focus on school at the same time, and school makes more sense in this stage in your life.

• Thanks so much! That last part is really helpful. I'm just nervous he'll say things like "I can wait for you," haha..

• If he says that, then say that he deserves better than to wait for someone for an indefinite period of time.

• Ahh you're so amazing at thinking on the spot. I'm going to be using this :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be completely honest start with either "I have something I need to talk to u about" and go into what ever feel needs to b said he'll kinda get the clue with just those words or " I have really cherished our time together but I really need to focus on me and my studies so I feel I can't have this relationship because of that reason and I wanna break up I'm sorry if I have hurt u but I have to put me first and it wouldn't b fair to u that I'll b too focused on my school and myself" I personally used the second on my ex and it turned out better then it could of cuz he wasn't expecting it really too plus he was a depressed person who had anger problems