When a guy cancels a date the night of, because of work, but asks to reschedule in the next couple of days, should I accept or not?

We had planned to meet Sunday night but he canceled last minute because of work. He immediately asked if the next couple of days worked. I do have some obligations and I hadn't planned on doing anything, but I could probably make it without any problems. Thing is, I don't want to appear like I can just drop everything and be available (don't want to come across as desperate or needy). I mean, I do want to see him and hang out, but it was slightly inconvenient that he canceled plans.

What is better, just go in the next couple of days or tell him that I'm unable to make it and there'll have to be another day planned (a date that would require more time/thought than just the way it is now).

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Say you can reschedule, but you'll need a week or so.

What Guys Said 7

• Don't fear appearing desperate or needy, if he really likes you he will be happy to see you whenever he can.

Don't over think it already. Set the date if you want to. Just tell him when you would like to see him next, that was his question, after all.

• You are right. Make time with you very important. If you do not define you as being worth the wait or putting extra effort into making your time together than it will be easy to be taken for granted.

• I think that this time you can just go in the next couple of days. It's the first one, don't miss this opportunity. Next time, if this happens again, you can say you're unable to make it if you want.

• He had to work and wanted to reschedule. If you want to see him, see him. Don't play games.

• Life interferes sometimes. I think you should let it go - this time.

• You should, but if he does this again in the future, try saying you can't make it that time.

• Oh no, you're busy that day, what a shame, he'll have to wait now, won't he?

What Girls Said 3

• I prefer evaluating it from another perspective. If you liked this guy and wanted to go out but something at work caused you to be unable to keep the date wouldn't you hope he'd be understanding to want to reschedule? I would think so. I like to give people a chance so in your case I would reschedule. If it becomes a continued issue then re-evaluate. My friends with benefits has a very demanding job that requires my understanding and I do because of the nature of his job.

• Tell him to wait

• If your honestly have the time available to see him then I say go. Don't rearrange your schedule to make it work though. If this becomes a regular habit of his I'd probably stop seeing him. I look at it like this, my time is precious and if I chose to spend it on you then I must think you're special. I just want the same in return.

• What did you end up doing?