How long would you wait for a person to show up to a first date before you consider yourself stood up? (Please be sure to use the poll to answer the question.)
- 5-10 minutes (+ a call/txt)Vote A
- 10-15 minutes (after a call/txt explaining the delay)Vote B
- 15-20 minutes (+ a good excuse)Vote C
- 30 minutes (You actually sat around that long?)Vote D
- More than 30 minutes (only in an emergency)Vote E
Most Helpful Girl
15 at the most without explanation. All depends on the excuse and the location of the date, for example I wouldn't wanna sit about in a restraunt on my own, that's just lonely.
If it was a first date, as soon as 15 minutes was up, I'd be out of there because I'd be worried that I was being stood up.
However, if it's someone I have been dating for a while and I know they are reliable, I'd be willing to wait a little longer.
Also depends on how sincere my date is about being late, if it's simply because he took too long doing his hair then I'd say good bye and not bother again.3