10 Horrible Women's Fashion Choices That Need to Die

In all fairness, I would be remiss to not write a part II about horrible women's fashion because we too have taken a lot of wrong turns in the realm of fashion.

You can read part I: "10 Horrible Men's Fashion Choices That Need to Die," here: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/fashion-style/a31921-10-horrible-men-s-fashion-choices-that-need-to-die

1. High Heeled Sneaker Shoes

If you weren't born when the first round of these happened, this has all been done horribly before and I was so glad when they finally disappeared only to have them reinvented looking worse, if that's even possible. The bottom of your leg should not be made to actually resemble a hoof. No one needs to visually extend their leg to join their ankles with the floor. Stop this! Sneakers and heels are both great...on their own.

2. Sheer Clothing

It was actually difficult to find an image that was half way decent (I'm looking at you Rihanna) to post here. We call it UNDERwear for a reason, right? It's meant to be worn underneath clothes, yet this whole trend in being able to see your underwear or your bra, or both, or just saying F-it and going full on nude, is like, honestly, might as well be on a beach, the bedroom, or trying on clothes in a Victoria Secret dressing room. For the exact same reason I admonished guys for doing the saggy pants with the underwear hanging out, I'll say the same for this.

3. Visible Panty Lines/Visible Bra Straps

The underwear industry has come so far so that you don't have to do this stuff anymore. This VPL let's the entire world know your underwear is squeezing your vag straight up into your own intestines, they are so tight. This cannot be comfortable in anyway. Add to that visible bra straps. There is no cut of top that they have not designed a convertible bra for or other type of bra for. Take some time to find something that fits you or if you are uncomfortable with wearing certain tops, look for tops that allow you to wear your favorite type of bra.

4. Shin Length Bell Bottoms

As a tall woman, I see this and I groan, because this is my life. Slipping on a pair of pants only to find them way too short. It looks ridiculous and points out the obvious, that I am tall. Now you're telling me actual designers are marketing this ill fitting look as an actual style? The whole genius behind an actual bell bottom pant is that it provides a visual balance between hips and the bottom of the leg, but all that is gone when you raise that hem line to ones shins. Ugh, no.

5. Animal Purse/Animal Backpacks

This fashion choice has a time and place, and that's when you are anywhere under the age of 12. A full grown woman who wears this on a regular basis screams to me, she has issues letting go of her childhood and accepting that she is changing and growing up. Might as well put a pacifier in your mouth. You certainly won't be taken seriously walking around like this unless you're carrying this for your actual kid walking by your side.

6. Oversized Sweaters

This simply is not flattering to any woman anywhere. Putting on something this oversized removes all sense of shape and form that exists on the female body. This says I have body dysmorphic disorder. It says I prefer the marshmallow look, to the human one. It says don't approach me any guy anywhere. It says, I have several cats, and I'm on my way to find a few more. Add to that, they make actual sweaters in your actual size that are just as warm, and just as comfortable (they also make blankets) so using that...as you excuse for wearing this, is a cop out.

7. Club Wear as Day Wear

If you're going to the club, out on a date, out to a party, rock what your momma gave you, but club wear is not day wear. This should not be your outfit of choice for showing up to your kids PTA meeting, or for walking the dog in the park, or for god sake showing up to a job interview (unless you want to work for a strip club).

8. Mom Jeans Part II

If your bra band is actually touching the top of your jeans, you might be wearing mom jeans. These horrors from the 90s have reared their ugly heads again in the 21st century only to have the same exact effect on women. Sitting high on the waist ballooning out in the rear and crotch, and tapering to the ankles, these jeans flatter no one. No one needs to create a pooch for themselves.

9. Gladiator Boots/Shoes

Let's clarify. You are not in a fight for your life against a set of starving tigers in a Roman Colosseum. If you have long feet already, they make your feet look even longer with all the straps and buckles, and if you are short, these make you look stumpy by chopping off all the length of the leg with all the straps, and buckles, and ties. Also, don't make the mistake of my friend by forgetting that she had to take off her shoes in airport security, so she had to sit there and unlace 15 ties only to have to re-lace them after the check. Avoid.

10. Waist Trainers

For centuries women fought to get out of steel boned corsets which made it impossible to breathe, play sports, stand or sit for long periods of time, and made women docile delicate creatures because we literally couldn't do anything. They were oppressive and prisons for our bodies, not to mention straining to pull your waist to an unnatural 14 or 16 inches led to infertility and organ failure...so here's a great idea, follow some idiotic celebrity women right on back to this terrible era by convincing you, you need this. No, what you need is a normal sized waist and if you are so concerned, healthy diet and exercise. Don't do this to your body. It is definitely not worth it!

*BONUS*

And the award for the woman I think is the embodiment of horrible women's fashion goes to Phoebe Price. THE THIRST IS REAL in this one. I can't even post a good portion of what this woman has actually worn because not only does she wear the majority of this type of stuff no matter the time or place, if you have a camera around your neck, apparently, she will not only show it off, but she will lift it up, dip it down, spread eagle and spin it around for you. I mean how does one person manage to look like both the pimp and the prostitute?

BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

All of them can go away by me. But the gladiator boots are just horrible!!! 😱

Once again, I'm good with all of those disappearing. :)

I was so worried you would not list mom jeans!! glad you did.

Yes agreed. I think you nailed it in this list.

Is it wrong that I wish more girls were comfortable wearing sweatpants in public?

As long as they are not overly baggy or shit stained, I find sweatpants on girls incredibly cute. I don't know why but it's so innocent and feminine. I can't help but squeeze/hug my girlfriend when she wears her sweats.

Anyhow I am pretty sure I am a huge minority...

I AGREE!

Came expecting to disagree.

Surprised to agree with all

all of them suck, exept for the gladiator shoes and mom jeans. these suck extra hard.

Good take. Too bad most people (I also commented on your men's wear take) just go by what's fashionable. For me, just pick a timeless style that will last ages. Don't go for trendy.

Golly that Phoebe Price is a showstopper isn't she - I agree with most of your picks but a few would make into my "It's okay range", the likes of high heeled sneakers, oversized sweaters and mom jeans (they look comfy)

What Girls Said 27

"I mean how does one person manage to look like both the pimp and the prostitute?"

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

excellent selection of bad trends!

I second all of this.

I get the visible panty line thing, since it often makes your butt look misshapen and it just doesn't look attractive to me. But visible bra straps have never bothered me, as long as the bra is in good condition and obviously not some dusty old worn out thing from 2003.
    I disagree on the sweaters. I love oversized sweaters. They look so cute, and if you wear pantyhose underneath it really accentuates your legs.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...67e5b03380.jpg
    thefashiontag.com/.../...sweater-dress-style-6.jpg
    Plus it just looks cozy and casual af. But at the same time very cute. I like it
    thegirlfrompanama.com/.../...ck-tights-11-copy.jpg
    I'm sort of 50/50 on the mom jeans. Some look horrible, others look great. I personally prefer those who are tighter around the butt area, so you don't really get that dramatic balloon effect. Plus it helps if they're ripped as well, so they look a bit more modern.
    picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/...ns-sopretty-did+u.jpg
    Everything else I agree with!

The first of your sweater examples is basically a dress, nay it is a dress, and therefore it looks okay. The second is just ridiculous, and like I said, it's a cop out to say, it's so cozy and comfy because sweaters that actually fit you do the same exact thing. I do agree however with your last picture in that the distressing does make it look 100% not Mom jeans, even though they are. I think because the shape is broken up, although the crotch is saggy in that shot... not exactly a good look. By the way, I say all this, and you're maybe thinking... so, let people wear what they want... and you'd be right. Women... men... are going to wear what they want, these are just my fashion pet peeves. We all have them. Doesn't mean I stand on a street corner telling people what to wear, because, fashion is clearly subjective right! Someone probably hates what you and I have on right now!

Well I'm guessing the point with oversized sweaters is that they work the same way dresses do? I don't think it's a cop-out at all, it's a legitimate statement. I also think it looks flattering as long as the dress is at the very least somewhat tight and shows off your physique, or as long as it makes your legs look flattering. The picture you used in your take does neither, but I feel like the pics I posted do both :D
      Nah I'm not thinking that you don't think people should wear whatever they want, I didn't feel like your take came across that way.

Y'all can surrender to me your wedge sneakers, I will take care of them.

I agree with most of these except gladiator sandals and bell bottoms. I think gladiators sandals are cute, and I ordered some to wear with my homecoming dress. :) Also bell bottoms can look great when paired with the right outfit and shoes.

I know this is just your opinion but I am also giving my opinion. I just think some of these outfits are cute.

My beef is not with Bell Bottoms, it's with Bell Bottoms that cut off at the shins like the one pictured. It just makes you look like you're wearing the wrong length pants.

Oh yeah. I agree with you on that one in that case. My mom calls those high waters.

• 4d

Good post...

how do i down vote this article?

I love sheer tops, they can be tacky and they can be beautiful, it just depends on which one you pick out. I know people hate mom jeans but I'm going to wear them anyway, I like them, but if overdue it on the hipster look it looks like a joke. As far as big sweaters, I do have several cats, I'm always up for more. I guess I'm just one of those people who doesn't care what people wear. If it looks bad, it looks bad.

I fucking hate mom jeans lol and you can hardly find any normal jeans anymore it's so annoying.

I wear sheer clothing so Im not gonna be the one to let that one die. I also love oversized sweaters, it can look really good,

Those gladiator sandals... oh, my. >_> They're horrible.

Yes - the example of the gladiator sandals you showed is hideous. Everything I absolutely agree with except the sweaters. I also personally love oversized sweaters and hoodies. I am absolutely guilty (and unashamed) of the sweater/leggings combo so I pretty much need oversized or long sweaters.

OMG! I could not agree more! Especially with the mom jeans! I remember talking mad shit about them when i was younger and all of a sudden making your ass look giant in a pair of oversized jeans is "in" lol.
    Thank you!! :)

Oh gosh all of these are Straight up dookie pants! So ugly haha XD very nice take.

Mom jeans are cool.

Boyfriend jeans are pretty ugly

I actually want to try high heeled sneaker shoes, and animal purse/animal backpacks. They look cute... lol 😅

You are right, especially about High Heeled Sneaker Shoes, I never liked high heels in any form.

I couldn't agree more😊

• More from Girls
    7