Why would he threaten to block me on social media?

My boyfriend and I formally broke up today (we have had an on/off relationship for the past 2 years, as of today we would've been together for 6 months). We had a huge fight last weekend and didn't talk until today. We argued over something stupid and I admit I overreacted, like badly. I had a personalized gift of cake pops and a card of me saying how sorry I am delivered to him today which prompted him to finally speak to me. Unfortunately he didn't take it as well as I thought he would lol. So I tried telling him about all the positives in our relationship and have closure but he threatened to block me on everything if I didn't stop (we were texting). So I stopped, thanked him for actually talking about it and said goodbye. I'm just confused, why would he threaten to do that? I mean, his sister unfollowed me on social media already and he hasn't. Why not just go ahead and cut me off without question if he says he's "over it"? I have never heard of someone threatening to block somebody like that.

21

What Guys Said 1

• He don't want you

What Girls Said 2

• He's not interested in you

• Maybe it easier to make a clean break that way probably his hurting to never dated a guy my brother says he does that to get away from heart break.