After a breakup, do you think it's better to be cold hearted and say nasty things to your ex or just be the bigger person?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a little over three months and don't get me wrong, I want to stay with him. I have no thoughts on us breaking up and I hope it never happens.

I was just curious as to if you guys think that's it's better to after a breakup, be a complete cold hearted bi*ch or if you should be the bigger person and just accept that it is what it is and move on.

When I say be a bi*ch, I mean sayin things like "you'll never find better than me, you weren't that great anyways, you have issues ", etc.

Or is it better to just basically say "okay if that what you want" if you're the one being dumped. Or "I think we should just be friends" if you're the one dumping them?

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your feedback!

1016

Most Helpful Girl

• Take it from me.. I've been down both roads. When my and my ex of 5 years split I said some really nasty terrible things. I don't regret it because to be quite honest with you... I meant every word. However, now 3 years later I've realized that maybe what I said really hurt him. And did he really deserve that? I mean, yeah sure, he was a douche to me. He cheated on me all the time while I sat in our home caring for him and our relationship. However, I know he loved me and I loved him.. we just weren't meant to be together in a romantic type of relationship.. So if I could go back to the day that he and I broke up then I would have just walked away.. but like I said I don't regret it.. I also know that if I didn't say what I had said then he and I wouldn't have broken up.. Sometimes things just don't end unless they end badly.. so we needed that..

Now recently I dated a man for about 4 months.. and we haven't really ended it. I tried to end it with him on a good note but he just keeps coming back to me. Yes, I can ignore him but it's easier said than done. A large part of me wants to tell him what a loser he is and even tell him how small his you know what is LOL.. but you know what... why? Why hurt him? He did nothing wrong towards me other than not being compatible. And that's not even his fault. The only reason I'd wanna diss him is so that he would never contact me again.. But I'm going to be a strong woman here and learn from my past mistakes and I'm just going to ignore him.. if I diss him he will think he made the right choice and he will gain his pride like.. knowing that maybe I am a psycho lol.. so like I said.. I'd rather be the one that got away instead of the one that he's lucky to have gotten away from.. I'll maintain the sweet nice girl persona that fits me.. and I won't stoop to anyone elses level.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE