Why I wouldn’t be well received in the Hollywood entertainment industry

Hollywood is the biggest movie industry in the world, the most popular names work for it and its movies are distributed internationally. But as much prestige Hollywood has, it’s reputation has waned in recent years due to it’s film quality and it’s liberal political biases.

I’ve always wondered what it would be like to work for Hollywood, especially since I’ve written and published a few short stories that I wouldn’t mind making film adaptations for. But the more I analyze Hollywood, the more I realize that a person like me would not be welcomed in Hollywood whether it be as an actor, director, writer, producer etc.

Disclaimer: This is only a hypothetical scenario, I’m not in the entertainment industry. This is only detailing a “what if” in which I try to envision myself in the entertainment industry.

1.) I don’t promote or endorse radical liberalism: If you’ve been following my content on here, you know by now that I’m definitely not a liberal. Even though I support true equality, I don’t support many radical liberal/progressive ideas such as 4th wave feminism, affirmative action, gun control, cultural appropriation etc. The only major liberal ideals I support are environmentalism and the abolishment of the death penalty. Many of Hollywood’s films promote liberal ideals in some way. My films would be the opposite by catering towards conservative and libertarian audiences. My films would defend tradition/culture, personal defense laws(castle doctrine, stand your ground etc), all of the amendments, the idea of bothering no one, the establishment of humane prisons, etc. And if I were an actor I would refuse to act in any film that is too PC.

Many liberal celebrities took part in the women’s march.

2.)I’m part Asian: Liberal Hollywood has rarely been good to Asians, liberals discriminate against Asians which I discussed here and here . Most roles given to Asians are “cannon fodder” roles, which is the result of stereotypes I’ve debunked before, here and briefly here. It’s very rare for an Asian actor or actress to acquire a decent role. In fact, many Eurasian actors and actresses had to use their European surname instead of their Asian surnames in order to get decent roles. While the liberals claim to supposedly represent “all minorities”, they still hold a hierarchy in who gets better representation. Asians, Hispanics and native Americans are all sadly at the bottom of the liberal hierarchy. I know that if I were an actor I would decline any role that portrays Asian males in a negative or stereotypical way. And if I were a director and or writer I would give many of the dominant roles to Asians and Hispanics. Example I would like to make films about the 442nd RCT and films of various genres with Asian and Hispanic actors/actresses in non stereotypical roles.

What if?
What if?

3.) Creative differences: When I analyze Hollywood I see too much of the same cliché in their films. Most of my ideas and philosophies would be rejected by most of the higher ups in Hollywood because it doesn’t match their ideals. I would make fight scenes as realistic as possible, my movies would center around my short stories which are a blend of action, sci fi, fantasy, thriller, horror, romance and drama. Example: A movie about a strong Asian protagonist up against a militant SJW group. Here are two of my older takes/articles where I discuss my movie ideas part 1 and part 2

4.)I abhor heightism: Hollywood rarely gives dominant roles to short actors and actresses, they’ll usually hire tall actors and actresses to play the strong protagonists. While short actors and actresses are usually restricted to cannon fodder roles. I absolutely loathe heightism. It’s a type of discrimination that is rarely talked about . Unfortunately many people still think that “bigger is always better”, when in reality that’s actually a logical fallacy because there are Pros and Cons when it comes to your height regardless if you are short, medium or tall. For example, some good things about being short are having better dexterity, lower center of gravity, faster reflexes, more maneuverability and being less prone to injury. That being said, I know that I turn down any roles that portrays short people in a negative way. And if I were a director, I would mostly give the role of the strong protagonist to short actors and short actresses.

Tom Cruise, short but usually plays tough characters

5.) I support religious freedom: As long as no harm is being done, then people should be allowed to practice their religion. It’s nobody’s business to dictate what a person chooses to believe. My religious films would specifically cater towards Christian audiences, they would cover topics like the Religious influence in science, morals, interpretations of the Bible, several apocalypse scenarios etc.

“God’s not dead” directed by Harold Kronk, a critically acclaimed Christian film

6.)I harshly criticize psychiatry: While I don’t loathe psychiatry as a whole, I do criticize psychiatric hospitals for many of their practices and because they refuse to own up to all the atrocities committed against innocent people in the name of psychiatry. Nowadays, criticizing psychiatry and psychiatric hospitals/wards is considered taboo since psychiatry is embraced by many groups and is even promoted in many Hollywood films. Many of my films would show the evil things done by psychiatric wards. I would also make films like “inglorious basterds” and “Rambo” but with corrupt psych ward staff as the villains.

It’s always satisfying to see abusive asylum orderlies get an a** whooping in movies and tv/web series

7.) Taboo villains: While many of the villains in Liberal Hollywood’s films tend to be stereotypical conservatives. Most of the villains in my films would be the opposite. The villains in my films would include misandrists, extremist anti-theists, corrupt judges, evil psychiatrists, abusive orderlies, abusive prison guards, communists, extremist liberal groups etc.

The Kingsman films have been interpreted as having conservative heroes and liberal villains

8.) I believe in true equality: Like I said above I don’t agree with many liberal ideals especially their distorted idea of what equality means. I believe in true equality which means equal representation for all people, equal rights for all people, equal opportunities for all people. No exceptions, regardless of sex, religion, race etc. While most of my films would cater towards Asian, Hispanic and Christian audiences, my movies would never vilify any race, religion, culture or sex.

9.) Unbiased when it comes to history: Hollywood is notorious when it comes to it’s history films for being very biased. If I were a movie director I would make my films unbiased as possible. Examples, I’d make films about the Azad Hind of the Wehrmacht, Simo Häya, Chiang Wei Kuo, the struggles of German and Japanese citizens post WWII etc. Because as the old saying goes

History is written by the victor

Chiang Wei Kuo
Chiang Wei Kuo

10.) I’d continue to be a private person: I’m a very private person, I like to keep many personal matters to myself. The only things on my social media are things I’m comfortable sharing. I would not take kindly to intrusive people. I know many Hollywood celebrities are open books. Well not me, I value my privacy thank you very much.

11.) I am very independent: I have my own fashion tastes, music tastes, philosophies, hobbies etc. I don’t need society telling me how to be, what to like, dislike, endorse etc. Same goes for movies, I would not like to have my creativity restricted.

Because this is Murica!
Because this is Murica!

12.) Summary: I wouldn’t be welcomed in Hollywood because of my political views, creative differences, philosophies, the groups I want to represent and how I want to have control over my projects. So if I ever decide to pursue a career in the entertainment industry, then independent movie production companies and over the top media services like Netflix and Hulu would be my best options. That’s not to to say I couldn’t make a few good bucks in Hollywood, I just wouldn’t be very well known and many directors wouldn’t want to hire me.

9
17

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Guys

• WTFever

As an actor or director you wouldn't do well. But producers usually have more freedom, and there will always be good projects for you to do. And as long as you're making money with your films, the studio's will leave you alone.

Is this still revelant?
  • Iron_Man

Who knows you might want to try your hand at it after all you could be the next Bruce Lee

Is this still revelant?
    • Iron_Man

Thank you for most Helpful Award

915
  • Rob1n

I can't really connect with your views on liberals, which seem as distorted as left wing views on conservatism, but I would say: if you think you would be different, make a difference :) Make a movie that completely goes against hollywood's traditions, as you see them, and show that you know better than doing the same thing they do over and over again.

• He merely stated a few things that liberals have been widely known to support as ideas he disagrees with. How is it that you disagree with a statement of statistically significant evidence?

• Rob1n

I do not see those views/ideas supported as fiercely as any amongst those I know who would consider themselves liberal. Even if those are considered liberal views, it is not something every liberal supports.

But of course, people are a lot more varied than just conservative or liberal.

• AnthonyTheMan

Tldr, I don't know why you posted this, seems like a waste of time

• ADFSDF1996

Why comment if you didn’t even bother to read it?

• The point was why would you take the time to write that much

• ADFSDF1996

It’s not even a lot, it’s only around 8,000 characters.

• Britantic

Personally I think there should be more of us White Queens in Hong Kong cinema and Bollywood as we white women are severely under represented.

• muliebrity

What a flawed statement.

• Vallius86

I want to know the reason for both of your statements.

• Britantic

@Vallius86 where are the white women in Hollywood and Hong Kong movies. It's all Indian and Asian women.

• MsElizabeth96

Okay, but why arr you telling us this?

This just comes across as virtue signalling

• ADFSDF1996

@MsElizabeth96 @Redstang88 @Melshmallow046

It has nothing to do with the pejorative “virtue signaling” which is a phrase that was coined on a British website called “The spectator”. You are just making an unwarranted assumption by assuming I used “virtue signaling”.

All I’m saying is that most Hollywood mainstream movie production companies and I wouldn’t most likely wouldn’t get along very well if I were in the entertainment industry due to the reasons I listed above in the take/article.

• ADFSDF1996

@Redstang88 Mo offense but I don’t really expect you to understand much about Hollywood since you are from Canada, just saying.

• ADFSDF1996

*no offense

• Waffles731

"Hollywood rarely gives dominant roles to short actors and actresses,"
    Tom Cruise is like 5 foot or 5'5
    Also, the big question.
    Can you act

• ADFSDF1996

Tom Cruise is one of the exceptions and yes I can act but I think screenwriting is my stronger field.

• Waffles731

I mean Kurt Russell s in Hollywood, you'd do okay.
      He's a Trump Supporter.
      And the Star of The Thing

• Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, Pacino... where are you getting this heightism?

• Dchrls78104

I wouldn't last long in Hollywood because I'd soon find myself at odds with
    1. Homosexuals.
    2. Persons who hate Christianity.
    3. Habitual users of profanity.
    4. Persons who try to tailor you to their specs.
    5. The paparazzi.

• jmstarling

Atlas Shrugged got made. Hollywood isn't all that leftist. I mean, look at Gilligan's Island. Seven people and the millionaire somehow duped the others into building a giant hut for him and his wife while the others live in bunks. Granted, it's a comedy, but it's subtly suggesting that class hierarchies are innate rather than arbitrary.

• Poormanscomedian

If you believe in God or women should be with men , you should be married when you have kids , you are not going to get in. I could write something for a show 30 times better than anything they have coming out this Fall. You ask me they are wasting millions on these stupid shows that have no chance making it. I could make people really laugh , I wouldn't need laughing tracks.

• DeeDeeDeVour

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I share the same sentiments. (Well, mostly.) I'd like to someday see a "product of your imagination" with little to no nonsense in the big and/or silver screen.

• BrittBratt2416

"Asians, Hispanics, native Americans, and [African Americans] are all sadly at the bottom of the liberal hierarchy" Yeah you forgot that part but i fixed it for you.

• muliebrity

I work in it and its not that great. Besides the long hours, instable work, unreasonable demands.. they do feed you well. That is about it. Your view is very limiting as you only see the idea of the film vs the making of it.

If anything the industry has mainly been in Atlanta due to its Tax incentives.

You wouldn't belong because based on what you described of yourself. Film/tv requires extreme amount of tolerance and adaptability while leaving your personal beliefs aside and focusing on the project. Its about rolling with the punches.. ability to persuade and manipulate those around you while maintaining a great reputation. Just like acting. The nature of the industry is to eat your own ego while saying only yes to everyone. You can start in one place and end up nowhere or desiring to be a director but end up in spfx for life.

If you don't work in it you can't know through watching movies or only reading news about the above distributors.

• muliebrity

Even as a producer you still answer to the studio execs. Unless you are the showrunner and writers you dont get to call the shots. They got there through lots of luck.. great people skills.. sacrifice.. nepotism. Sometimes one out of the other.

• ADFSDF1996

Would you say that Hollywood has a liberal bias?

• ADFSDF1996

@muliebrity So basically what can be inferred from your original comment is that only those who share Hollywood’s ideals and sentiments can become successful in Hollywood. While everyone else has to shut up and keep their ideas and sentiments to themselves.

• HereIbe

Movies have been made about post-WWII Germany, from the standpoint of ordinary people. They don't sell in the USA. Americans aren't interested. Why make movies you can't sell to your biggest market?

• SydneySentinel

"And if I were a director and or writer I would give many of the dominant roles to Asians and Hispanics."
    Shouldn't you give it to the person BEST suited for the role- especially based on your own criticism?

Where do you get this idea of heightism? All of these actors are considered below average height. Can you provide an example of a role given to a tall actor who didn't do the part the way you thought it should have been done?

• Um no, we're not taking that best suited for the role excuse any longer cause you can still find someone who is suited for the role without having to white wash a character.

• If you have to white-wash a character, that means they're not BEST suited for that role.

• No it means America is still racist and instead finding someone who is suited for the role who is still the same race the character is meant to be- they lazily just get someone white cause they think they look more presentable. Don't tell me it's impossible to find a good actress/actor for the role of character cause there's plenty of Asian, Hispanic, and blacks out there who are perfect for the role here in America.

• Vallius86

Not to worry the whites are dying out. It won't happen in our lifetime but I predict in about a thousand years they won't be very many of them left.

• Massageman

I agree with your points. Hollywood IS a bastion of liberalism.

• JackieMoon

Hollywood's not all that cracked up to be like you would think... like yeah they are one of the cities in the United States that has a whole lot of celebrities. And they do about of films and stuff in Hollywood, but still Hollywood's not really "all of that and a gigantic bag of potato chips", I'm not saying that you shouldn't pursue whatever you feel like pursuing. Like go do what you feel like doing and get you some really good money, if you feel like earning some hardcore cash doing some really good Storytelling go for it. If you feel like earning some good money being and Actor, Musician, and so on... do so it's up to you on that, but don't forget that dispite on whatever you decide to do.

Just know that Hollywood will still not be all that's cracked up to be at all whatsoever

• UI_Vegeta01

Hollywood doesn't well receive irrelevant people so that's one big factor.

• ADFSDF1996

More like Hollywood lacks common sense.

• That’s true too. And just so you know, I didn’t mean it as an attack when I used the word “irrelevant”. The same can be applied to everyone here.

• ADFSDF1996

Thanks for the clarification.

• MoscowMitch

You can make religious films all you want but you can't force people to watch them.

• ADFSDF1996

Same way liberals can’t force people to watch their movies.

• 1828avaava1828

hollywood peeps be crazy yo

• What’s with the weird usernames on this site? The 47 year old lady just below your comment also has a weird username. By the way do you live in Ireland or were you just born there?

• @UI_Vegeta01 im ava! i dont think my name is weird then. born and raised fooooo

• @1828avaava1828 Ava is always a fantastic name for someone I vehemently support! Toaster is back in action!!! God Bless Ava!!! :^D

• Hanna92

You could write for Kevin Sorbo.

• Waffles731

I'm not even sure that Kevin Sorbo wants to write for Kevin Sorbo

• OrangeBoy2

Have you tried approaching Netflix?

• Neeceeb7

I'm too heavy and too loud

• Hollywood is nothing but a propaganda machine.

• Joker_

I know why