What's the first thing you think when you hear India?

WHat's the first thing you think when you hear India?

1153

Most Helpful Guy

• I live there. ๐Ÿ˜

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 52

• Crappy movies and too much jewelry.

That and creepy guys.

• "MY COUNTRY!"
    Well being an Indian myself, I might be biased but everyone loves his country. Patriotism is the first thing we're taught, ain't we? So yeah here I am.
    But most of the Indians don't want to live in their own country due to dirty politics, air and water pollution, less job opportunities, over-population and orthodox mindset of people. Sex is still a taboo here. I didn't even know what period pads are until I was 14. Children usually learn more from pornhub instead of sex-ed classes. The major prob of our country is that Even though government has laid out programs about every thing but the law enforcement is really poor. The use of Plastic carry bags are banned in my state but still everyone uses it openly. The schemes on papers and their propet enforcement are two different things.

but still I LOVE MY INDIA- It is the home of Gandhi, The home of rich, the home of poor, Our mother land, It would be so thankless if I would insult my own country. If I wouldn't respect it, then why would a Foriegner do? I won't hide the problems of our country but I won't hide our achievements too. We've given the "zero" , the "decimal". Most of the persons working in NASA are Indian. My Math teacher's junior gave GRE at that time and he was the Third Rank holder in the whole world even though he was playing poker on the night before exam. So this is an Indian brain.
    "Don't hurt an Indian because we're the creaters of the word 'Jugaad' - Something we've got in our blood and that is more than the whole thing any other person can have"

• This could get interesting...

I'll get the popcorn.

PS - When are you doing Turkey?

• Being an Indian I don't know if I should say the good side of the bad side.

First thing that comes to my mind is definitely the corruption and politics.

I love the diverse cultures and modesty here.

• Public servants in India can be penalized for corruption under the Indian Penal Code, 1860 and the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988. The Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act, 1988 prohibits benami transactions. The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 penalises public servants for the offence of money laundering. India is also a signatory (not ratified) to the UN Convention against Corruption since 2005. The Convention covers a wide range of acts of corruption and also proposes certain preventive policies.

We can contact CBI directly.

Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) is an apex Indian governmental body created in 1964 to address governmental corruption. It has the status of an autonomous body, free of control from any executive authority, charged with monitoring all vigilance activity under the Central Government of India, advising various authorities in central Government organizations in planning, executing, reviewing and reforming their vigilance work.

• Statistics? In that case Western Countries also have corruption. We are far away.

• I'm not comparing with westerners. It's there that's all.

• I prefer not to answer this question because some good Indian people might get offended ( I prefer the word butthurt),

Ps: Truth hurts

• Appalling antics by Indians on Cricket sites

Feticide, and Acid attacks on women

The old stadium in Madras where Dean Jones nearly died during the epic 86 tied test

An obsession to explore Kerala

• The Government of India took the matter too seriously and passed the amendments in all the relevantm provisions of law including the Indian Penal Code which are as under: Indian Penal Code was amended on the 2nd of April 2013 with the passing of โ€˜ The CRIMINAL Law (Amendment) Act. 2013. The amendment resulted in insertion of sections 326A and 326B for specifically dealing with acid violence. The new Sections 326A and 326B read as follows

326A. Whoever causes permanent or partial damage or deformity to, or burns or maims or disfigures or disables, any part or parts of the body of a person or causes grievous hurt by throwing acid on or by administering acid to that person, or by using any other means with the intention of causing or with the knowledge that he is likely to cause such injury or hurt, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which shall not be less than ten years but which may extend to imprisonment for life, and with fine.

• The BBC clealy works with an anti-India bias. This fact came to the fore on a number of occasions-

1. Portrayal of 26/11 terrorist as 'gunmen'-This was criticised even in the UK.
      British parliamentarian Stephen Pound referred to the BBCs alleged whitewashing of the attacks as "the worst sort of mealy mouthed posturing. It is desperation to avoid causing offence which ultimately causes more offence to everyone."

2. Negative portrayal of Indian armed forces in J&K-BBC had, on at least one occasion, fabricated photographs while reporting on the Kashmir conflict to make India look bad. He claimed that the network made false allegations that the Indian Army stormed a sacred Muslim shrine, the tomb of Hazrat Sheikh Noor-u-din Noorani in Charari Sharief only retracted the claim after strong criticism.

Xenophobic Media Houses exist. Probably because Indira Gandhi had banned BBC in India in past.

• @Being_a_good_Indian ill be back after, have a money game in snooker

• Curry, people... lots of people, very dirty river, one of the oldest religions, cheap travelling and Gandhi

• Apologies if it sounds rude, but... we don't eat anything called "Curry" in India. There are proper Indian names for even the humblest of dishes that we eat at home, and none of them uses the word "Curry". Ignoring the contentious origins of the word "Curry", Indians recognize the person using the word "Curry" as "not Indian" or "doesn't know enough about India" (could be a faux-Indian, for all one knows). It is often accompanied with a look heavenwards - a silent expression the equivalent of the Japanese "Gaijin ne!"

• @Being_a_good_Indian
      "Apologies if it sounds rude, but... we don't eat anything called "Curry" in India. "

Well I do. No each and every Indian doesn't but that does not mean nobody dose. Curry is very common in Maharashtra as well as southern states. If you don't know Sambar (what they eat with Idly ) is also called curry

• @Political_dude

The word 'curry' has several different meanings. It can refer to a spice or spice mixture called 'curry powder', or it may refer to the dish 'curry' cooked across many cultures and parts of the world.

There are proper Indian names for even the humblest of dishes that we eat at home,

Thanks for mentioning that it's called "Sambhar "*

• India is little known in the Spanish-speaking world because it is not a footballed country, to see that it is so related to the issue of harassment is new to me, personally the first thing that comes to mind are the images of temples Incredible, but also dirty streets and a lot of inequality between rich and poor.

• Great food, Divali, Bollywood, lavish weddings, Taj Mahal and other great tourist attractions.

• Just about done with this boring app so ill say it. Designated Shitting Streets.

• Crowded markets, elephants and very nice people.. it just doesnโ€™t suits me.. Indians are too nice for my taste but great people in general

• Bollywood physics lol
    Gigantic cities
    Tigers
    Elephants
    Indian food <3
    Poverty?
    They got net neutrality!
    My bestie :)

• Poverty?

India is the seventh wealthiest country in the world. It figures among the 10 wealthiest countries, with a total individual wealth of $ 5,600 billion.

According to a report by New World Wealth, India is ranked seventh, ahead of Canada ($ 4,700 billion), Australia ($ 4,500 billion) and Italy ($ 4,400 billion), which came in at 8th, 9th and 10th slots, respectively.

• @Being_a_good_Indian Thats like saying the USA has great healthcare cause "hey look at our fantastic private hospitals" lolol

By those standards Liberia is fucking heaven cause look their president can drive around in a literally fucking gold plated car fuck yeaaaah!

• Reports and Research Papers Speaks reality.

• Phase weaponry equipped gods with multiple limbs and bizzare heads fighting on flying chariots. And 4 consecutive "what the fuck"s.

• A country full of rich heritage and some place I plan to visit

• Great millenarian history, good cuisine, crowded streets, friendly people, sikhs and their bravery.

• Gorgeous women, orphans, and wayyyyyyyy too much dancing.

• Most peaceful country in the world. i can do anything for my country
    I love my country..

• Flat track bullies that can't win cricket matches outside of India.

• Legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has lauded Team India for lifting their second Blind World Cup title on Saturday.

Even Blind People in India can win World Cup.

Read this article.

www.news18.com/.../...blind-world-cup-1637935.html

• Good comeback actually, you win, we are chokers. We won an U19 worldcup though. In saying you win though Sachin is heavily overrated. Since readmission we have the best one day and test record besides Australia and have hold the number one test ranking more than anyone else over the last decade.

• Cow mata.. Fucking politics.. Fucking country's development

• Why we consider them as mother?
      Milk is good for the bones because it offers a rich source of calcium, a mineral essential for healthy bones and teeth. Cow's milk is fortified with vitamin D, which also benefits bone health. Calcium and vitamin D help prevent osteoporosis.

It's same like people in western countries like cats and dogs.

Politics? Countries Development?

Elucidate.

• So anything which gives milk is mother.. What rubbish. Then treat Buffalo the same way. And firstly i would like to say.. Treat your own mother well. Dont shout at her do let her cry. Serve her.. What the fuck is there in this cow.. When i ๐Ÿ’ฉ on road then why dont you clean its ass.. After all you consider cow as mother.. Foolish Hindus. Every thing is god for them except god.

• More from Guys
    32

What Girls Said 10

• Indian bad soap operas, curry, cows, vegetarianism, hindu, caste system, overpopulated, sanskrt, in shape of triangle, Asian sub-continent, USA abuses your human rights and plants lots of their industry factories there, because its cheaper, colorful holidays, many different traditions and languages, people of brownish colour, red dot in the middle of the forhead, saari, castor oil, and Bollywood I guess :).
    And many guys I've met online from india were into IT so I guess thats popular proffession there.

• U copied from somewhere or u written by urself?

• You aren't hater because you had mentioned both the things Positive and Negative Aspects of Incredible India.

Any Queries? I love such discussions with like minded people.

• @sunshine haha its okay :), and yes i am an Indian guy :p

• The yummy food ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‹ and also the traffic, the Taj Mahal ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Š

• color, saree, food, streets, temple rats and monkey, taxis, men with heads of thick curly hair, barefoot, cell phones, bollywood

• head of thick curly hair,

I would like to say that India has a world within India. This even applies on the physical charateristics/traits of Indians. I have seen straight hair, Curly hair of each and every curl pattern ranging from 2A to 4C , thick hair and thin hair.

colour , streets, rats and monkeys?

Please Elucidate. I like discussions.

• cellphone :

With over 460 million internet users, India is the second largest online market, ranked only behind China. By 2021, there will be about 635.8 million internet users in India.

Source :

www.statista.com/.../

• @Being_a_good_Indian I'm throwing out words as they come, I'm not saying all Indians have thick curly hair, cell phones, wear sarees, go barefoot, etc. I'm throwing out words as I think of the country.
      color-colorful food, clothes
      streets-I watch a lot of youtube where people get street food on crowded streets
      the temple rats and monkeys is self explanatory

cellphone? people have cellphones in India, also rural people may rent out cellphones as extra source of income

• Beautiful voices, singers, songs, music, food, sweets, dance, actresses and actors. I plan to visit there I'm the future.

• Mass rapes and murders... Huge disparity between the rich and the poor...

• Heaps of coloured saris

• Call centers..

• Ghandi

• Annoying accents!

• It depends on what you're used to. Westerners are used to different smells and, in fact, likely smell weird to Indians. Studies have shown that people prefer to be around those like themselves- people that look the same, dress the same, have similar customs, live nearby, and eat the same foods.
      We sweat small amounts of the substances we eat- the stronger the smell of the food, often the more noticeable the smell of our perspiration. Some foods also produce odors because of the way our bodies metabolize the compounds present in the food. Not just Indians but ALL Animals smell. Just differently. It really does not matter where they live

• @Being_a_good_Indian Yeah I love English but there are some nasty accents of that out there as well

• Hahaha. Wrong reply.

It was for other user. Lots of activity create confusion.

• Cows.

• Why we consider them as mother?

Thanks for associating India with Cows.